- Managed teams consisting of developers, support staff, and implementation specialists.
- Highly skilled at directing teams on complex initiatives and improving processes, communication, teamwork, and quality.
- Oracle DBA, SQL Server DBA, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint Administration, programming, and other technical skills bring a strong expertise to personally delivering on technical projects as well as the competencies to manage disparate teams for the successful implementation of complex projects and initiatives.
- Past “SECRET” clearance with DOD.
Database Administration: Oracle Certified Professional - DBA. Proficient with Oracle database systems, Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Database Administrator SQL Server.
Network Engineering: LAN installations, client/server installation, data communications, RS-232/RS-485 cabling and protocol, TCP/IP, Ethernet, COMPTIA Security +
Engineering: Systems Integration for instrument interface and automation, chromatography systems, communication interface for PI (OSI), Aspentech (IP/21).
Systems Administration: Experience includes installation and administration for the following LIMS, Oracle databases, SQL Server, REDHAT/CENTOS, Windows Server, IIS, SharePoint, COMMVAULT (backup and recovery).
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator / SQLSERVER / SharePoint Administrator
- Responsible for Oracle and SQLSERVER databases at Confidential (Oracle 10, 11 and 12), including RAC/ASM management as well as configuration and build out VM’s for RAC environment using VMWARE.
- Responsible for system integration projects primarily developing SSIS packages against systems such as MAXIMO, GIS, INFOR, ALLMAX, LABWORKS.
- Deploy and manage SSRS environment to support custom reports for city utility billing, financials and planning (INFOR).
- INFOR Migration Project: Responsible for data migration from HTE Sunguard to HANSEN (NFOR).
- Build data warehouse incorporating Police Department (CAD) data and city planning (MAXIMO) data for public and private C level dashboard reports to be deliverable through custom web portal.
- Managed all aspects of SharePoint 2010 Farm as well as oversight of Jr. Admin(s) with help desk support and training.
- Developed custom reports using INFOPATH, WORKFLOWS, Implementation of Excel Services, SharePoint analytics against business process data captured in SharePoint for C-level dashboard reports.
- Management/Consulting engagement to take over existing SharePoint 2013 implementation.
- Assist and train existing staff with support issues, offer guidance on best practices.
- Implement auditing and chain of custody guidelines, governance for SharePoint libraries.
- System monitoring and capacity planning.
- Architect and deploy multi-farm SharePoint 2016 site.
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator/SharePoint Administrator
- Responsible for the development, deployment, and ongoing support of business critical information systems. Supported systems are a mix of both custom and COTS applications (Commercially off the Shelf Applications).
- The scope of the job varies as support can take many forms; from interfacing with end users by assisting them with issues related to the use of Business Applications (like Oracle Application Server) that use an Oracle database (currently responsible for Oracle databases as old as Oracle 8 to the latest Oracle 11 databases) to the critical stages in planning, implementing and maintaining not only the databases, but also the design and architecture of the underlying hardware configuration(s) necessary to support the planned demand and load of business critical systems.
- Other responsibilities include application tuning, backup and recovery, security and development as needed and where applicable as we interface with various other team members from System Administrators to Developers.
- Responsible for patch management implementing Critical Patch Updates and monitoring information systems against potential internal and external threats.
- Implemented Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) configuration standards for DoD IA against LINUX and Windows based ORACLE databases and system interfaces “touching” these systems.
- Support for business continuity: I am called upon to design and implement solutions that ensure reliability, high availability and disaster recovery of critical systems by utilizing technologies such as RMAN, RAC and Data Guard.
- Latest efforts have focused more on the management of SQL Server as well as DBA support for the ongoing development of a Data Warehouse to support C level dashboard reports interfacing SAP and other proprietary information systems utilizing SSIS packages.
- Managed TEAM SharePoint portal for Development staff to include deployment of SharePoint Apps, security, custom widgets, libraries and lists as needed.
ORACLE DBA / SQLSERVER DBA / SharePoint Administrator
- Formed own company to service information technology needs of clients with an emphasis on data driven web applications and development using Microsoft .Net Technologies.
- All aspects of running and building a technology company from sales and service to operations, customer relationship management and support.
- Services included custom software development, network implementations and management, web design, development, SharePoint portals, hosting, and support services.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Director, Consulting Services
- Responsible for the management consulting services supporting Confidential ’s LIMS product suite that would include any custom software development, system’s analysis, or business process improvement.
- Responsible for database specific support issues, design of backup and recovery plans, disaster recovery, tuning, and implementation of Oracle systems for Confidential customers
- Implementation of many of Oracle database systems all over the world.
- Built custom applications around database such as specialized reporting requirements, views, web apps, etc.
- Led Oracle database management classes for clients.
- Managed and/or participated in over 40 LIMS implementations world-wide for companies such as Citgo, Equistar, Albemarle in France, Corpueven in Venezuela, Hoechst Celanese in Singapore, and many others within the US and abroad.
- Managed Y2K upgrades and installations for HPUX, LIMS, and Chromatography systems.
- Managed consulting staff for project implementations & was main liaison between customers and Confidential .
- LIMS interface to AspenTech IP/21 software to meet customer driven development needs.
- Lead design effort for porting legacy software to a web-enabled interface.
- Member of Design Team for chromatography systems development.
- Redesigned information flow for call tracking system increasing problem resolution & customer response.
- Led efforts for debugging and testing of latest Chromatography interface to HP ChemStation.
- Led efforts for debugging and testing of latest Certificate of Analysis software package.