- Enterprise DBA support utilizing around 10 years of Experience in Oracle Database Administrator, providing 24X7 productions and development support 18c 12c, 11g and 10g databases on Linux, Windows, AIX, Solaris etc.
- Best practices for Oracle Database Infrastructure, Standards and Implementation.
- Implementation of best case scenarios for enterprise wide Database backup/recovery solution analyzing the specific business needs and optimizing the use of existing infrastructure
- Implementation of OEM including 13c cloud control.
- Applied CPU, PSU and one - off patches.
- Managed database on Exadata
- Installation of Oracle Databases on Standalone and RAC cluster.
- Data Guard setup with Primary and Standby Databases.
- Strong Oracle RAC Installation, Configuration and Tuning Skills
- Primary on-call support
- Coordinated tasks with onshore and offshore team members.
- Expertise with RMAN backups and restores
- Performed point-in-time recoveries.
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL skills to perform the data base operations.
- Very familiar with Oracle Dictionary Views.
- Worked on many export import and Data Pump tasks.
- Scripted tasks using bash.
- Scheduling backup Jobs using Cron (UNIX) and Schedule Task (Windows).
- Very verse with Oracle Partitioning
- Physical database design, Logical database design, normalization, de-normalization
- Managed databases on Amazon Cloud (AWS)
- Familiar with Database security and auditing.
- Setup procedure for Database statistics gathering
- Worked on Upgrade and Migration Project.
- Collections of performance data for specific time range using STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, ASH, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, and SQL Trace.
- Analysis of Database Wait Events.
- Troubleshooting for slow performing SQL by enabling Database tracing including session specific tracing. Performed SQL Tuning using Explain Plan.
- Setup Data Guard.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in Data Guard environment.
- Worked on table partitioning
- Strong Linux Administration skills
Primary Skills Oracle Admin: Database Installation, Configuration, Support and Maintenance, Database Backup and Recovery (RMAN and User managed), OEM, TOAD, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL*Loader, Storage and Space management, Performance Tuning
Shell Scripting: User, Role, Profile management SQL, PL/SQL
Project: Upgrade & Migration, Exadata, Materialize Views, Oracle Patches, Index Rebuilding and monitoring Usage, Oracle Net, TCP/IPm Oracle GoldenGate Replication
Partitioning: Amazon Web Services 13c Cloud Control
Operating Systems: RHEL / OEL /Exadata AIX / Solaris / Windows2008/2012
Languages: C, C++
Other Databases: Oracle 9i to 18cc, Microsoft SQL Server
Replication: GoldenGate, Active Data Guard, Materialize Views
Confidential, Savannah, GA
- Supported different clients with multi-terabyte databases.
- Installed Standalone and RAC Database Servers
- Completely build RAC from scratch including OS and RAID configuration.
- Scheduled meetings with application team for database migration review to gather legacy information such as type of application, database options, current oracle configuration, capacity and oracle outstanding tasks.
- Build Data Guard and setup DR sites
- Worked and resolving gaps in primary / standby configuration.
- Provided data to day administration to databases on Exadata
- Assisted in management and database administration of Oracle database on Exadata
- Worked on Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) that provides dramatic reductions in storage for large databases
- Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects.
- Assisted in integration of Exadata applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Migrating databases to Oracle Exadata Database Machine for different clients
- Analyzing database performance and tuning database on Oracle Exadata using Real Application Testing (RAT)
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to monitor and manage Exadata and regular databases
- Responsible for new 18c database installation
- Upgraded and patched existing Oracle homes.
- Build 2-node 11g R2 cluster from scratch on Linux.
- Designed roles and assigned permissions
- Responsible to improve the performance by using the Hints, Index, Explain Plan
- Performance tuning of SQL statements using STATSPACK, TKPROF, Explain Plan etc
- Automating the backup processes using shell scripts.
- Build RAC clusters and added nodes.
Confidential, Lake Forest, IL
- Build 2 node RAC Clusters
- Silent Install databases.
- Build Disaster Recovery site using Oracle Data Guard.
- Tablespace management including, adding/resize data files, allocated quotas to user and managed disk space
- Export and Import of User, Tables and Database using exp/imp and Data Pump
- Used exp/imp, data pump and dblinks to move the data
- Worked on standard and enterprise edition of the Oracle RDBMS.
- Worked on schema Reorganizations for better space management
- Performed Database Refreshes using data pump and export import
- Installed, Migrated, configured and tested Oracledatabases in various environments
- Configured and Managed ASM disks and disk groups thru both OEM and ASMCMD utility.
- Data modeling / Logical database design and implementation (including index design)
- Create and maintain multiple databases.
- Create multiple 11g databases on RHEL5 in development.
- Schedule backup in 11g using DB console.
- Monitoring frees space in tablespaces, Archive log destination, Database/Listener availability, Blocking Locks monitoring etc.
- Configured RAC database with 4 nodes. Implemented Data Guard, Physical and logical Stand by databases to ensure high availability, data protection and disaster recovery.
- Improving the performance of the database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g
- Using TCP/IP Protocol Configured SQL*Net files on server / client machines, and resolved client connectivity issues.
- Implemented backup strategies which involved taking an incremental backup and enabled the block change tracking feature.
- Worked with Oracle in troubleshooting issues.
- Worked with Development team in deployments.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Build database servers.
- Performed Silent installs.
- Ran scripts
- Install database with dbca, scripts and silent install.
- Worked with Sr. DBAs and shadowing them.
- Implemented procedures and practices regarding database design, development, monitoring, access, and upkeep.
- Helped deploying RAC
- Helped deploying Data Guard.
- Installed Oracle clients on application servers.
- Worked on a faced pace working environment.
- Developed and implemented backup and recovery strategies.
- Developed policies and procedures for system operations to better serve clients.
- Setup Alerts via Grid Control.
- Load Data using SQL Loader from flat files
- Supported developers in running scripts
- Used TOAD to manage databases.
- Worked on SQL Server 2005 and 2008 instances.
- Schedule daily and weekly maintenance jobs in SQL server
- Setup the log shipping to create standby database in DR data center.
- Database Backup, Database Restore and Database Recovery using various tools.
- Database Reorganizations for better space management.
- Supported multiple accounts on versions 10g to 11g
- Silent Installation of Oracle 11g on CentOS
- Create and maintain users, roles and privileges.
- Installed and configured Oracle Grid control.
- Extensively used data moving utilities like export/import, Data pump, Migrated flat files from different sources into Oracle Database using SQL*Loader and Performed DB cloning.
- Performed Online/Offline database backups.
- Built and configured RMAN Recovery Catalog for Backup and Recovery strategy.