- Possess excellent hands - on experience in both Database Administration and SQL programming.
- Extensive skills in managing enterprise database implementations.
- Senior production DBA with strong problem solving ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good performer both in team and independent job environments.
- Excellent hands on experience in building and administrating SQL HA/DR system:
- Creating and managing SQL failover clusters with multi SQL instances, DR with SQL log shipping.
- Building HA using multi Always-On Groups.
- Expertise in admin Enterprise Production (OLTP) servers (2005/2008/2012/2016 ) in AWS Cloud and other virtualized environment.
- Outstanding Performance Tuning and Index Optimization (PTO) skills.
- Strong trouble shooting and resolving SQL problems, hands on experience on production server migrations.
- Strong Query Tuning with SQL Execution Plans (key lookups, ascending key problem, table spools etc.).
- Excellent hands on experience in applying SQL indices: clustered, non-clustered Index, covering index, filtered index and SQL statistics.
- SQL server Internals and Architecture: SQL engine memory optimization, SQL transaction logs, TEMPDB optimization.
- Expertise in using DMV (Dynamic Management Views) in queries and server monitoring.
- Proactively monitoring SQL servers using native (PerfMon counters, Extended Events) and 3rd party troubleshooting tools such as Sentry Plan explorer, Brent Ozar’s tools etc.
- Database Encryption: built TDE database level encryption on production databases.
- Hands on experience to apply column level encryption/decryption on sensitive data.
- Highly proficiency in writing complex SQL Stored Procedures and generating various SQL queries.
- Server side configuration, creating SQL jobs, alerts, maintenance plans. Working experience on SQL data compression, partitions, file stream etc.
- Extensive working experience on windows, Oracle, Shell script programming, Java, Unix/Linux.
- Experience with an Agile Scrum development team. Handle server incidents using Ticketing software.
- Experience in using Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Comprehensive experience developing Java Internet reusable class libraries and application frameworks.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Play a significant role at infrastructure team in support of Confidential Secured Cloud contract.
- Administrate OLTP production SQL servers/databases.
- Manage multiple Production and dev/staging servers in AWS environment.
- Architected and built SQL Multi node HA/DR Design using SQL AlwaysOn (AG).
- The infrastructure contains multiple AG groups to host SharePoint databases in order to balance online traffic.
- Tuned poorly performed SQL queries to achieve 99% performance improvement.
- Provided HA with log shipping for standalone SQL servers.
- Supports over 10 mission critical projects, working with clients/developers to write ad hoc SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Work closely with solution architect to implement required SQL solutions.
- Applied database level encryption using TDE for user databases.
- Programmed in SQL for column level encryption/decryption to secure client data.
- Script automatic alerts/jobs to monitor SQL severe level errors, deadlocks, disk space, high transaction log size, AlwaysOn states, update Statistics and database integrity etc.
- Using SQL perfmon counters, DMV and 3rd party tools to monitor SQL performance.
- Automatic maintenance plans for backups and SharePoint database transaction logs management.
- Handled all critical projects and setup end to end SQL servers .
- Apply SQL service packs and patches.
- SQL backups, restore and recovery models.
- Capacity planning and assessment of SQL servers for current and future growth projections.
- Trouble shooting for all projects.
- Provided 24/7 on-call rotation support for production servers.
Environment: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2. Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Install and administrate production SQL servers/DB’s in clustered environment with responsibility
- Conduct database performance tuning assessments and engagements.
- Design, develop high availability database solutions utilizing Microsoft’s SQL Server.
- Implement routine database maintenance plans, perform upgrades, applying patches.
- Performance optimization, wait statistics, index defragmentation and DMV (Dynamic Management Views).
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies such as Big Data technology.
- Familiar with server virtualization technology (e.g. Hyper-V, VMWare, etc.)
MS SQL server DBA
- Administered development, QA and production SQL Servers/databases and related systems in a clustered environment.
- Refreshing and monitoring production, development databases for PeopleSoft.
- Responsible for creation and scheduling of maintenance plans.
- DB migrations between servers.
- Database upgrade from .
- Configured Database mail, linked servers.
- Performed Failover cluster testing and maintenance,
- Configured database Mirroring and Transactional Replication for development servers.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Project Lead on counterparty filter project. Was responsible for fully designing and implementing a distributed system allowing counterparties in real-time commodity energy trading to access, update and save all related information from and to the backend database using J2EE(Java, RMI, Java thread programming).
- Project Lead on a parametric search project. Was responsible for designing and fully implementing a parametric search engine for Business-to-Business Ecommerce product using Java.