- 5 years of IT industry experience in Oracle DBA (12c/11g10g/9i) , with experience in both application and production environments under UNIX, Windows NT platforms.
- Experience as On - Call 24x7 production DBA support, application/development DBA.
- Extensive knowledge on database administration for Oracle 9i, 10g.11g and 12c, with experience in very large scale database environment and mission critical large OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Involved with installation and maintenance of oracle 12cRAC and standby database for High Availability and Disaster Recovery purpose.
- Experience in managing Oracle databases running on UNIX/Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UX & AIX and RHEL.
- Hands on experience in Oracle 12c RAC implementation & administration (Oracle Cluster ware setup and configuration, RAC installation using ASM, Grid Installation).
- Good experience RAC Cluster ware administration, Configuration and Patching.
- Extensive experience in Data guard configuration, implementing and maintaining standby databases.
- Hands on experience in Grid control, Streams, Golden Gate Replication.
- Experience in Performance Tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQLTRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM.
- Setup Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c & 13c for database monitoring/performance/diagnostics.
- Extensive experience in Database Backups RMAN (Full/Incremental backups) and in traditional hot/cold backups.
- Experience in LOGICAL BACKUPS and Database migration tools with DATA PUMP, Export/Import and Transportable Tablespaces.
- Good experience in writing/editing UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Good experience in PATCHING AND UPGRADATION. Expertise in upgrading Oracle Development and Production databases from 9i to 10g & 11g, 10g to 11g, 11g to 12c.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on managing very large Data Warehouse databases.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing ASM and proficiency in using ASMCMD and ASMLIB.
- Experience in Flash-Back Technology.
- Experience in Database Refresh and patch management and in Database cloning with RMAN and manual methods.
- Experience in Capacity Planning and Bench Marking.
- Developed database monitoring/health check alert scripts for database uptime/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM).
- Proficient in raising TAR with Oracle Support and using Metalink to resolve the bottlenecks in the database environments.
- Excellent Communication skills, co-ordination and communication with system administrators, business data analysts and development teams.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, technically sound, and mentoring skills in driving development teams to successful resolution.
Programming Lang.: C, C++, Visual Basic 6, HTML
Shell Scripting, VBScript: PL/SQL
Databases: Oracle 12c,11g,10g R2, 9i, MS SQL Server 2012, 2008, MS Access
Operating systems: Redhat Linux, Unix, Solaris, Windows Server 2012/2008
Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager, MS SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL*Loader, SQL*Net, SQL*PlusRMAN
Data Guard: PL/SQL Developer, Developer 2000
TOAD: ERWIN Data Modeler, Imp/Exp Data Pump,DBCA
- 24x7 Production database and applications support.
- Actively work as a member of our team to develop and implement improvements into the way the team completes its work.
- Analyze application database performance and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal performance.
- Made trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security, and domain controls
- Executed policies, procedures and standards related to database management
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 10g and 11gR2.
- Upgraded databases from Oracle 9i, 10g to 11g, 10g to 12c and 11g to 12c.
- Involved with installation and maintenance of ORACLE 12c RAC, EXADATA on OCI and Standby Databases (Oracle Data Guard) for High Availability and Disaster Recovery purpose.
- Collaborated with System Administration team to properly manage database resources, process monitoring, disk management and a comprehensive backup strategy
- Restoration and Recovery of databases at the times of occurrence of critical failures.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Applied CPU patches.
- Implemented Oracle database backup & recovery solutions using RMAN and manual methods.
- Performed block recovery using RMAN.
- Moving data between databases using Data Pump.
- Performed large batch jobs, and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Created User accounts, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Partitioned large tables for better performance and manageability.
- Installed and configured Golden Gate for replication.
- Responsible in configuring and backing up database using RMAN, Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups.
- Migrated databases from Sun Solaris, HP-UX to IBM AIX, and sun Solaris to Linux and IBM AIX to Linux.
- Written PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions and Triggers.
- Worked with Data Pump to take the logical backups of databases.
- Experienced in performing Point-in-Time Recovery.
- Performed Capacity Planning and Bench Marking
- Load and Transform data using SQL*Loader and External Tables
- Logical and Physical Database Design
- Clear documentation was prepared on all the processes like program specification, bugs fixing logs & change requests for future .
- Performed capacity planning, Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SQL*Loader and External Tables.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g Forms/Reports and Oracle 12c Forms/Reports.
- Installed and configured WebLogic 12c.
- Installed Microsoft SQL 2012,2008
- Configured SSRS services.
- Implemented and managed Oracle Advanced Replication, Encryption with Oracle Transparent Data Encryption TDE
Environment Oracle 9i,10g,11gR2,12cRAC,EXADATA,OCI, HP-UX, REDHAT LINUX, SUN SOLARIS, IBM AIX, ASM,OEM (Grid Control), RMAN, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, Golden Gate, Middleware, Forms/Reports, Microsoft SQL 2008 and 2012.
- Responsible for Oracle and Sybase Production, Development, test databases on Sun Solaris
- Monitoring database status and backups.
- Involved extensively in solving user problems, developer problems from help desk immediately.
- Managing tablespaces, adding data files, resizing data files, reorganizing tablespaces to claim the space and to improve the performance.
- Taking Hot and Cold Backups, Complete & Incremental Backups by using RMAN.
- Installing and loading new patches necessary for Oracle and other applications relevant to the Oracle versions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving various client issues related to Oracle and the Application software.
- Responsible for checking Oracle database MAX parameters and planning for recreation of control file whenever required.
- Developed UNIX Shell Scripts for monitoring Oracle database and to gather performance statistics.
- Involved in loading external files into the Oracle database using SQL* LOADER
- Created multiple Oracle database instances on the high availability nodes to facilitate zero downtime
- Monitored and tuned rollback segment, temporary tablespace, redo log buffer, sort area size
- Used Recovery manager to perform backup and recovery operations
- Helped in Tuning and optimizing SQL Query, SGA, Disk I/O using Oracle Enterprise Manager and by monitoring the stats pack report generated from snapshots taken at the peak business hours
- Used SQL loader to load data from external tables into the database(s)
- Setting up and configuration of 10g database with Data guard.
- Perform daily monitoring of log files and resolve issues
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Sybase 12.5, Sun Solaris, OEM, EM, Data Gaurd, RMAN,SQL*PLUS,TOAD,STATPACK