- Over 8 years of IT experience and 8 plus years of Oracle RAC DBA experience
- Build Managed and Administered 11g and 12c RAC.
- Build and manage 12c/13c Cloud Control.
- Worked as a lead in Data Center Consolidation on large database systems.
- Mentors the team on technology concepts and ensures team compliance to best practices for design
- Participates in code and design reviews to ensure quality and conformance to product standards
- Helps motivate team members to get the best out of team.
- Worked as a Primary support for database related issues with clients.
- Worked on multiple projects in parallel to daily DBA activities.
- Worked extensively on ASM Builds and management of ASM Filesystem.
- Implemented Disaster Recover Site with Data Guard and maintained Active Data Guard.
- Performed Database Tuning & Performance, Storage Management, Plan growth and changes (capacity planning), Database Monitoring, Security Management and Tuning SQL queries.
- Worked on Oracle Materialize Views, Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle Active Data Guard.
- Build 13c OEM Cloud Control and managed OMS and OMR.
- Configure 11g Active Data Guard.
- Managed databases on Exadata.
- Proficiency in analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of applications in Oracle Application Express (APEX) and client/server configurations.
- Worked on Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) that provides dramatic reductions in storage for large databases
- Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects.
- Assisted in integration of Exadata applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Migrating databases to Oracle Exadata Database Machine for different clients
- Analyzing database performance and tuning database on Oracle Exadata using Real Application Testing (RAT)
- Implementing Best Practices for migration E - Business Suite and regular databases to Oracle Exadata
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Enterprise Manager Cloud Control to monitor and manage Exadata and regular databases
- Used tools like TOAD, DB Console, Confio, and Grid Control to monitor database performance.
- Build and administer SQL Server 2005 and 2008 standalone and cluster databases.
- Provided analysis to other teams and keep them informed for better resource management.
- Evaluated Oracle features and Oracle related products to leverage existing hardware/software/incenses.
- Build, configured and managed 8i to 12c databases.
- SQL Access Advisor, Performance Analyzer, Plan Manager, Automatic SQL Tuning, SQL performance analyzer, Table compression and SQL access advisor, SQL plan management and Database replay
- Table compression enhancement,
- Worked with Network team for SCAN listener
- Build and managed container and pluggable 12c databases.
- Worked on Upgrade projects.
- Worked on Migration projects.
- Participated in design, document and deployment of database/
- Provides technical assistance for many platforms, during issues and/or outages. Areas include but are not limited to Oracle, Peoplesoft, homegrown monitoring applications, operating systems, hardware components and the network infrastructure.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, Sun Solaris, HPUX, Redhat Linux, AIX
Languages: SQL, PL-SQL
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/10g/9i, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000, DB2
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ASH, AWR, ADD
Tools:: RAC, OEM Grid Control, SQL* Loader, ASM, SQL Server, Export/Import, RMAN, NETCA, DBCA, TOAD, Patch Management, SQLNET, ODBC Export/Import, Data pump, DataGuard, VERITAS Net Backup, VMware
Confidential, Peoria, IL
Environment: Oracle 11g, 12c, Exadata, AWS, GoldenGate
- Supported database on Exadata X7
- Performed Silent installation on Exadata.
- Applied patches on computer nodes, Exadata home and storage cells.
- Migrated standalone databases to Exadata
- Implement disaster recovery with use of Exadata
- Involved in 24x7 support for production RAC databases with on-call pager
- Supported production, development and testing databases of Multi Terabytes DB sizes.
- Configuration, troubleshooting GoldenGate issues
- Setup Uni-directional GoldenGate setup.
- Setup and managed replication using Oracle GoldenGate
- Worked on Data Migration project.
- Migrated databases from Windows platform to Linux.
- Upgraded from 11g to 12c.
- Migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Migrated databases to AWS
- Build new servers on AWS
- Worked on project to migrate databases to AWS instance
- Set up oracle instances on AWS cloud
- Maintained databases and alerts from 13c cloud control (OEM)
- Migrated standalone databases to RAC on Exadata
- Oracle DBA in 12c, 11g, with 9+ year's professional IT work experience
- Worked on 12c Multitenant databases
- Setup unidirectional GoldenGate replication
- Rolling install oracle patch in Oracle RAC 11g and 12c
- Upgraded database from 11g to 12c R2
- Cloned databases using RMAN Duplicate
- Installation of 11g, 12cclients/databases on Solaris and Linux.
- Complete Build of 4-node 12c RAC Cluster on RHEL
- Skilled with statspack, AWR, ADDM, SAR to check health of database & hardware.
- Performed database cloning to setup test and development database.
- Migrated databases to different data datacenter.
- Handled RAC Node hangs and node eviction issues.
- Maintaining schemas and partitioning tables.
- Experienced with all kinds (Status, Performance, and Trend Analysis) of DB Monitoring.
- Index management for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database
- Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery
- Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 11g, 12c databases
- Performed large batch jobs and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- 24x7 product database support
- Installed and maintained 10g/11g databases for testing, development and production
- Database Monitoring and administration of database using Enterprise Manager Grid control OEM
- Upgraded Oracle Database from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g.
- Migration of the database from HP-UX to Linux.
- Planned and implemented Oracle 10g RAC, 11g RAC, Standby databases for High Availability and DR solutions
- Cloning of the database from Production to the Test and Development environments using RMAN and conventional methods.
- Applied security related CPU and One-off patches using Opatch utility, Applied RDBMS Patch set Utility PSU
- Installed and configured oracle grid control.
- Used Oracle Streams for replications of data between remote databases
- Performed Cold backup, hot backup using conventional backups and RMAN, recovered various and critical Production databases.
- Prepared backup schedule which include offline, online and logical backups.
- Used Export/Import, Data Pump Utilities to move the data between different databases and for backups.
- Worked on transportation of Table spaces, Data Archival, Re-organization of tables and restoration.
- Tuning of Shared Pool, Library Cache, and Data Dictionary Cache.
- Monitor CPU usage, I/O contention, memory paging on UNIX server. Identify resource and performance bottleneck. Provide technical direction to system administrators
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Generated performance reports and Daily health check up of the database using utilities like AWR, Stats pack and ADDM to gather performance statistics.
- Identified and tuned poor SQL statements using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE and TKPROF, Analyzed tables, indexes for improving the performance of the Query.
- Analyzed SQL statements, re-organized database objects and created indexes to improve the performance of the queries.
- Partition of tables to improve performance.
- Created users and allocated appropriate table space quotas with necessary privileges and roles for all databases.
- Worked with Oracle Support for resolving the database related unresolved issues.
- Worked on SQL Loader to load data from flat files, Checking for Row Migration and Chaining on Highly used transaction tables.
- Configured TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA for SQL NET connectivity.
- Created DB links across databases and Solved Database connectivity issues by continuously monitoring the status of the listeners and instances.
- Monitored overall system performance and Database growth.
- Served as a member of 24-hour on call support staff.
- Checked alert logs and background trace files on daily basis and resolved problems.
- Scheduled jobs in the database using CRON Jobs and DBMS JOBS.
- Implemented backup for production database. Simulated few possible crucial recovery scenarios using the current available backups to check the effectiveness of the backup plans and also to get a rough estimate of the recovery time involved.
- Automated shell scripts and scheduled batch jobs.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g RAC/11g RAC, Red Hat Linux, Windows, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, AIX, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, RMAN, Grid control, Data Guard, SQL Loader, EXP, IMP, Data Pump, TOAD, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, STATSPACK, ADDM, ASH.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Oracle DBA duties involving development and production support such as installations, configurations, backup/restore & recovery, database monitoring & operating system configurations, database performance tuning, assisting in the logical/physical database design, applications profiling, tuning queries and providing support to developers.
- Performing Hot/Cold backups of the database through RMAN or User Managed method.
- Setup and configured Oracle Physical Standby database (Data Guard), where the standby database was used for disaster recovery.
- Generated and analyzed STATSPACK reports and monitored statistics for performance tuning of the database.
- Review alert logs and dump files to check for any problems related to the database.
- Perform database cloning/exp/imp to setup identical databases in the production and development environments.
- Create and maintain users, roles and privileges.
- Upgrade/Migrated the production and development databases from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- Involved in discussions with the management regarding the advantages/disadvantages and upgrade plans.
- Setup and configured 2 node Oracle 10g RAC with ASM.
- Used Oracle 10g AWR & ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Involved in Database sizing, Capacity Planning.
- Installation and configuration of OEM Grid Control 12c.
- Perform Space Management & Troubleshooting the database issues.
- Upgrading OEM Repository and Installing OEM 10Grid Control to monitor all the databases.
- Configured and managed agents to work efficiently with Grid Control.
- Lead coordinator between technical operations team (DBA) and applications users/information systems/processing specialists
- Setting up privileges to create local and remote objects
- Create materialized views to refresh data at regular intervals.
- Using materialized view logs to reduce the replication time costs for fast refreshes.
- Configuring Oracle databases to effectively use the DISM (Dynamic Intimate Shared Memory) to dynamically shrink / grow the SGA.
- Upgrading/Migration from Oracle 8i databases to 9i and to 10g.
- Installing of quarterly security patches on all non-production and production servers.
- Cloning/replicating/refreshing production databases to test/ development environments using RMAN scripts.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g /11g with RAC, Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Data Guard, HP-UX 11i v3,, Sun Solaris 10, RHEL 6.x, TOAD, SUSE 10,11, Control-M, Autosys, PCS, SRDF Replication