GOING PROFESSION SUMMARY:
- Confidential has more than 7 years of experience with activities involving Oracle Database Administration on various operation system platforms including (Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, and HP - UX).
- Confidential has been associated with multiple various Oracle Database Administrations tasks which include the following but are not limited to:
- Operations Supported Oracle database versions from Oracle 9i up to Oracle 12C R2. Performed database duties in OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Capacity Planning Provide detailed server requirements including (memory, storage, CPU needs) needed for proper database deployments.
- Database Backups/Recovery Used Oracles Backup utility RMAN, to perform database backups either (incremental differential or incremental cumulative) and also database recovery.
- Database Patching Performed CPU, security and bug patches using the OPatch Utility based on the SDLC.
- Performance Tuning Provide developers/application team solutions for slow running SQL queries. Configure and tuned database memory parameters based on business needs. Use database tools such Oracle Enterprise Manager, AWR, ADDM, and ASH to identify database bottles and to prevent future bottlenecks from occurring.
- Database Migration Performed database migration from database ranging up to 10TB in size either between heterogenous source or homogenous source operation systems.
- Database Refresh Performed database refresh from production environments to lower stage and development environments using Data Pump Utility.
- Database Upgrades Performed database upgrades from 10g to 11g/12C database version using DBUA tool.
- Data Replication Configured and administered Oracle Golden Gate for Uni-directional or Bi-directional replication, based on business needs (Oracle to Oracle Only)
- Data Guard (Disaster Recovery) Administer data guard for disaster recovery and ensured database synchronization.
- Real Application Clusters (RAC | HA) Worked with Network, System, and Storage Administrators to ensure proper system prerequisites are met before being RAC install. Currently support RAC on Oracle 12.2 on a two-node cluster with a two-node Data Guard standby location.
- Oracle Advance Security Configured encryption for data at rest (TDE) and data in motion (network encryption and secure socket layer SSL, also have implemented oracle database vault).
- Multitenant Architecture Have Supported container and pluggable database for oracle database version 12.1 and higher.
- Database Tools Used Oracle Enterprise Manger Grid Control (13C, 12c, and 11g), RMAN, SQL Loader, Data Pump, DBCA, ASMCA, DGMGRL, SRVCTL, CRSCTL, DBUA, AWR, ASH, ADDM, etc.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
- Configured and administered data guard for stand alone and on RAC clusters for 11g and 12c databases.
- Used data guard broker and enterprise manager for monitoring of primary and standby database synchronization.
- Performed RMAN incremental backups and applied them to standby databases to resolve any log gaps in a data guard setup where the gap is to long to automatically resolve via Oracle Net.
- Provided preliminary server details to system administrators as to what is needed to prepare server to configure RAC (storage, SCAN, memory details, etc).
- Have performed switch over and fail over events between primary and standby databases in preparation and actual disaster recovery operations organized by the client.
- Have installed, configured and administered RAC for oracle 11g and 12c databases.
- Implemented ASM for storage for non RAC data warehouse production environments (databases ranging from 3-10TB in size).
- Register standby databases to a RAC cluster using server control utility (SRVCTL).
- Add candidate disk to ASM disk groups via asmca utility.
- Troubleshoot RAC's and Grid infrastructure issues, using Trace File Analyzers also when issues have to be solved with Oracle Support.
- Have upgraded and patched the grid infrastructure and database home from 12.1 to 12.2.
- Wrote RMAN backup scripts to perform database full and incremental backups.
- Chosen RMAN backup policy depending on the size of the databases.
- Used advance compression and enable block change tracking to speed up time it takes to perform backups.
- Used data pump to perform special schema backup based on needs provided by the application teams.
- Created scripts to automatically remove old archive logs on file system. Also, manually delete archive logs using RMAN, those archive logs are first crosschecked.
- Performed database migration either using RMAN duplicate method, data pump, or transportable tablespaces (migration concerning two different operation systems).
- Have upgraded databases from 11g to 12c using datapump or DBUA.
- Unplugged/migrate pluggable databases from one container to another to another (server to server)
- Installed Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c, deployed agents and added targets for database monitoring.
- Used enterprise manager as the main source for Monitoring and tuning database performance.
- Used the ADDM and AWR tools to determine database bottlenecks.
- Analyze execution plan for sql statements and determine best solutions to increase the performance for any particular query
- Created indexes and partitions to expedite query performance.
- Use sql tuning adviser and sql profiles for sql statements.
- Support two tier using like developers, analyst and security engineers.
- Configured and administered Oracle Golden Gate for uni-directional replication for stand alone and Multitenant databases for Oracle 12c databases. .
- Configured Transparent Data Encryption for oracle 11g, 12.1 and 12.2 databases.
- Configured SSL and Advance network encryption for securing network connections.
- Use database monitoring tools such as Toad, DBartisan, and OEM 13c for daily database administrations.
- Enable Oracle Database Vault for separation of duties between database administrators and developers for standalone and multitenant databases.
- Created Realms to secure application schemas and also secure database roles which have power's as sys user.
- Evoked SQL loader for data loads.
- Operated Oracle databases solely on Red Hat Linux versions 5-7.
Confidential, Norristown, PA
Production Support & Performance Tuning Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience in managing Oracle databases running on RHEL, HP-UX & AIX and Sun Solaris.
- Provided 24/7 support for production related task.
- Primary DBA for address database performance issues.
- Provided recommendations for tuning slow running sql statements.
- Worked with developers in creating indexes and partitions for tables.
- Executed scripts as apart of deployments to support new application releases.
- Performed Data migration using Data pump.
- Resolved Log gaps between Primary and Standby Databases.
- Diagnosed database related errors and on RAC.
- Addressed golden gate related errors.
- Used oracle enterprise manager 12c for database administration and monitoring.
- Supported two tier users like developers, business analysts, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on managing very large Data Warehouse databases.
- Performed patches for RAC and non RAC database.
- Experience in LOGICAL BACKUPS and Database migration tools with DATA PUMP, Export/Import and Transportable Tablespaces.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Oracle Database Administrator
- UNIX Systems Administration - Database and application integration efforts. Heavy UNIX shell scripting, CRON jobs such as backups.
- Expertise in all the phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked extensively in Performance Tuning at various levels including Instance tuning, Query tuning, Database performance tuning.
- Performed database tuning using Explain Plan, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and SQL Trace.
- Developed PL/SQL packages, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Maintaining and scheduling Cold Backups, Hot Backups, and Export Dumps. Maintaining backups of Archive logs and automating cleaning of archive logs. Deploying RMAN to automate backup and maintaining scripts in recovery catalog.
- Maintained and backed up databases ranging from 40GB - 2 TB.
- Performed full & incremental backups (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Upgraded Oracle 10g databases to 11g and 11g databases to 12c.
- Install, patch and upgrade Oracle 10/11g/12c databases to support internal production and test environments.
- Upgraded 10g and 11g Standalone databases to 11g and 12c 3-node RAC.
- Good experience of installation and configuration of RAC (Real Application Clusters) on different nodes with ASM (automatic storage management).
- Installation, maintenance and tuning of 11g RAC databases including ASM and CRS.
- Implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases. Managing disks and disk groups with ASM.
- Implemented Data Guard, creating both logical and physical standby databases in 10g and 11g RAC environment for production database.
- Set up, configured and maintained Data Guard (primary and standby databases) to ensure disaster recovery, high availability and data protection.
- Successful in installation/maintenance of Physical Standby database using Oracle Data Guard for Oracle 10g and Oracle 11g databases RAC databases.
- Installing Oracle Golden gate on RHEL and setup table level replication as well as DDL replication too.
- Evaluated Oracle 11gR2 Golden Gate for future purposes that is for reducing the complexity involved in Oracle Streams.
- Recovering Golden Gate corruptions and managing host/cluster maintenance mode blackouts.
- Used Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g Grid Control for monitoring multiple database and notification of database alerts, and configured EM agents on multiple database servers.
- Installation of 12c OEM and customize it to our needs.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 10g, 11g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 10g/11g environments.
- Refreshing Dev and Test databases with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Implemented Flashback technology of the Oracle 10g, 11g along with Recycle bin for a faster recovery of the databases and database objects.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning, oracle contention and monitored production database using automatic workload repository (AWR), automatic database diagnostic monitor (ADDM) and Active Session History (ASH).
- Performance Tuning of the database (Memory Tuning, I/O Tuning).
- Achieved optimized performance for the databases by rebuilding indexes on tables.
- Worked closely with the Oracle developers for the better performance in Applications in writing the Packages, Triggers and Indexes on the tables.
- UNIX shell scripts for hot backups, SQL*Loader, export and import of database.
- Performed full & incremental backup (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Database refreshes using datapump, RMAN Duplicate, and cloning.
- Experienced in cloning the databases using HOT and COLD backups.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 10g, 11g two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on AIX and Red Hat Linux platforms.
- Configuring Grid Infrastructure SCAN Listeners on 11gR2. Migrate OCR files to ASM.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Performed Database upgrade from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and to Oracle 11g databases.
- Worked on Data transferring with export/import utilities and Data pump.