Highly motivated and strongly focused Oracle Database Administrator with a Top - Secret Clearance and 4 years of experience with managing Single Instance, RAC systems and designing, configuration, installing, and upgrading of 11g and 12c databases in large-scale UNIX/Linux environments. Professional skills include Backup and Recovery methodologies (RMAN), Performance Tuning, Security and User Management. I am actively seeking an Oracle DBA position where I can utilize my skills and technical experience to contribute to the success of any organization.
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY & EXPERTISE:
- Automate routine dba tasks
- Develop and implement RMAN backup strategies to meet service levels
- Utilize data modeling tools to build normalized database schemas
- Great team player with ability to collaborate with team as well as take initiative to work independently
Language: PL/SQL, Shell Scripting (BASH), Windows Scripting (Batch)
OS: Windows Server 2003/2008, RHEL 5/6, CentOS 5/6, OEL 5/6
RDBMS/Software: Oracle 11gR2/12c, MySQL 5
Storage Technologies: RAID, Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
Utilities: SQLDeveloper, DB Designer Fork, OEM, SQLLoader, RMAN, DBCA, NETCA, LSNRCTL, Data Guard, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Datapump.
Confidential, Wash., DC
- Utilize OFA recommendations for installing, managing and upgrading the Oracle 11g/12c RDBMS on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience in downloading the PeopleSoft PeopleTools installation guide for database platform.
- Ability to set up PeopleSoft Change Assistant and apply the Change Package.
- Manage database users (create new users, define roles, space limits, etc) using CIA-triad guidelines.
- Leverage best security practices for Oracle network configurations using NETCA.
- Experience installing, configuring, modifying, and maintaining Oracle /11g/12c Relational Database Management Systems.
- Ability to configure Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Ability to identify database performance issues, recommend and implement solutions.
- Experience of SQL, PL/SQL, and JDBC with the ability to write complex stored procedures, triggers.
- Ability to perform Unix/Linux shell script programming and debugging.
- Skilled to write and perform complex SQL queries that retrieve information from very large, relational database management systems.
- Experience to accomplish Enterprise User creation and administration
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Understands Information Assurance methodology and security principles.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills and ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced high profile multi-tasked production environment.
- Performed backup and restore functions for Oracle 11g and 12c databases using RMAN and Data Pump as needed.
- Responsible for automating routine tasks as OS level jobs scheduled via CRON or Task Scheduler.
- Responsible for patch analysis on production systems and applying patches as needed.
- Experienced in provisioning Oracle Grid Infrastructure (GI) and configuring ASM storage.
- Actively involved in all aspects of schema object management.
- Leverage in-depth understand of Oracle database architecture to solve critical issues.
- Knowledgeable of Oracle RAC database concepts.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL language.
- Utilize Data Guard to ensure high availability, protection, and disaster recovery of data.
- Knowledgeable of data modeling concepts.
- Automation of weekly backups using shell scripting and RMAN.
- Experience troubleshooting Oracle databases including SQL tuning, capacity planning, and schema design.
- Configured installation of Oracle 11g/12c software and NETCA Listener.
- Experience working in virtualized environments.
- Ability to parse through large databases to find and analyze information.
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, SAN networks.
- Knowledgeable of Direct Attached Storage & Network Attached Storage.
Oracle DBA/System Admin
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Supported projects which include installation, setup & configuration of Oracle 11g and 12c databases in development and test environments using Oracle’s best business practices and procedures.
- Performed backup and recovery procedures using RMAN
- Documented routine database maintenance activities
- Performed routine data refreshes using export and import utilities
- Utilized SQLDeveloper to perform cross platform migrations from MySQL to Oracle RDBMS
Oracle DBA Analyst
Confidential, Bowie, MD
- Planned and implemented backup and recovery strategies using RMAN.
- Performed capacity planning for efficient database growth.
- Configured Oracle DBMS Scheduler to schedule functions and procedures.
- Responsible for creating and managing tablespaces and datafiles.
- Utilize Datapump to move data and metadata from one database to another.
- Performed initial installation/creation of numerous 11g/12c database.
- Utilize Oracle support to troubleshoot and solve critical database issues.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance, patching and upgrading for Oracle 11g/12c.
- Responsible for performing routine checks of a certain number of assigned databases to ensure maximum efficiency and availability.
- Assisted in database design and implementation.
Oracle DBA Administrator
Confidential, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Provide database maintenance using SQL Developer and OEM
- Work with clients, information architect, system admin, and developers to define information flow helping to transform business requirements into environment specific databases.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery strategies using RMAN
- Provide guidance and recommendations for efficient use of database resources using various Resource Management techniques.
- Assisted in planning and implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategies.
- Configured Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to automate and monitor numerous databases.
- Planned and implemented backup and recovery strategies
Helpdesk Analyst/Oracle DBA Administrator
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, MD
- Installed, configure, and managed database in Linux environments
- Assisted in database design and modeling.
- Created roles and users and managed their privileges.
- Performance tuned assigned databases.
- Optimizing database uptime/availability and performing database audits.
- Performing ongoing database maintenance, patching and upgrade.
- Administering, troubleshooting and debugging Oracle databases
- Developing and maintaining operational standards/procedures for Oracle