I am an ORACLE DBA with strong technical skills. I possess over 10 years of ORACLE DBA experience and have been an applications developer prior to that. I have done Oracle Administrator Certified Associate (OCA) .
Operating Systems: AIX 6.1, LINUX x86 64, HP 9000/800, Windows 2003, UNIX, Windows NT, Windows 95, OS/2, HP - UX 9.X AND HP-UX 10.X
Databases: ORACLE 11G, ORACLE 10 G(10.2), ORACLE(9.2), SYBASE SQL
Software: ORACLE GRID, ASM, RAC, RMAN, TIVOLI DATA PROTECTION FOR ORACLE, DATAGUARD, LDAP, ORACLE STREAMS, OEM,ORACLE FAIL SAFE, TOAD, VERITAS BACKUP EXEC, RATIONAL ROSE(Data Model),SPOTLIGHT, DEVELOPER 2000, ORACLE APPLICATION SERVER(4.0.7), SQL*DBA, SQL*LOADER, SQL*NET, SQL WINDOWS, SQR3, CRYSTAL REPORTS, LOTUS 123, PCTOOLS, SAM, MEASUREWARE
- Installed 2 node RAC cluster in AIX 6.1
- Installed and configured Oracle 11gR2 database on ASM
- Migrated Non ASM databases to ASM.
- Installed and configure OEM Agent
- Scheduled and configured RMAN backup jobs with Netbackup
- Configured OS Watch Utility
- Implemented Active Data guard for RAC databases.
- Worked on Performance, Tuning of Databases.
- Extensively used DataPump to export and import data in various environment.
- Setup auditing on the database.
- Rebuild databases from RMAN backup as part of audit exercise
- Worked on Golden Gate.
- Experienced in capacity planning and space management
- Providing 24/7 Production DBA Support.
- Installed Oracle11g RAC on a 2 node cluster in Linux. Managed and Monitored 4 cluster databases.
- Installed and configured OEM Grid Control to administer and manage large databases.
- Setup RMAN catalog for backup & Recovery. Setup RMAN using WALLET for Authentication. Configured RMAN for Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle for backup.
- Setup DataGuard for DR.
- Perform database monitoring and tuning. Worked with Terabytes of data. Extensively used ADDM and AWR.
- Setup Auditing.
- Upgraded different version of Oracle databases and applied Security Patches. Also, applied interim patch for bug fixes, etc.
- Worked with System Administration to add LUNs to ASM. Added diskgroups to ASM.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 10G.
- Worked in migrating data from Windows to Linux environment.
- Worked in Oracle 11G database on ASM.
- Worked in setting up RAC.
- Setup OEM Grid Control to monitor Production, Uat, Test and Dev environment.
- Worked on DATA PUMP for loading data from Production to Uat, TEST and Dev database.
- Created multiple databases for Multiple System.
- Worked on performance & tuning of the database. Worked extensively with Oracle Diagnostics Pack (ADDM and ARW). Also used Quest Spotlight.
- Backed up and recovered database using Recovery Manager (RMAN).
- Worked on setting up standby database using DATAGUARD.
- Installed Oracle Patches as and when required.
- Used RATIONAL ROSE for Data Modeling.
- Being an on-call DBA 7x24 on a regular basis.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Setting up various databases for development, testing and production environments.
- Performance and tuning of databases, sql queries,etc.
- Setting up Oracle Advanced Replication between USA and UK.
- Setting Real Application Cluster for an Order Entry System.
- Setting up Microsoft Cluster on Windows 2000 with Oracle Fail Safe.
- Build a standby database using Data Guard
- Setting up Oracle Internet Directory (OID) using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Working extensively with the TOAD Diagnostic Tool and OEM.
- Setting up backup and export job for all databases.
- Wrote scripts for backup and recovery.
- Upgrading and migrating databases from 8i to 9i
- Setting up auditing for certain activities in the database
- Setting up obfuscation toolkit for Data Encryption
- Using Log Miner to extract data from the redo logs
- Writing stored procedures, triggers dealing with LOBS, Encryption, Decryption,etc
- Supporting ORACLE Enterprise Edition ver 188.8.131.52 running on Windows 2000
- Being an on-call DBA 7x24 on a regular basis