- Having 10+ years IT working experience, more than 7+years’ oracle database administration experience supporting a variety of mission critical applications in enterprise and production environment.
- Experience in planning, design, install, configure, perform upgrade and maintain oracle 9i, 10g, 9iAS, 10gAS, 11g (R1, R2) and 12c across multiple platforms, like Sun Solaris, RHEL, AIX, HP - Ux
- Assisted in integration of SuperCluster /Exadata/SAP applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Worked on setup and configuration of Fusion Middleware components Oracle SOA, Web Logic 12c, IDM and EM 12c.
- Web logic Server Cloning and patching in Hyperion environment.
- Proficient in Install, upgrade, clone, administrate, patch and troubleshoot oracle databases.
- Thorough knowledge of various Oracle tools like OEM with management pack, RMAN, SQL Loader, TKPROF, Stats pack, AWR, ASH, ADDM TOAD, SQL trace to perform day to day job.
- Proficient in installation, configuration, administration, patching and maintenance of ORACLE, RAC multi-node cluster and add/remove node as per need.
- Extensive experience in configuring, implement, maintain and troubleshoot errors of physical and logical standby databases Data Guard.
- Experience in replication, extract and apply on production using Golden Gate.
- Extensive experience in installation and maintenance of OEMDatabase&Grid control for database monitoring, performance and diagnostics.
- Experience in configuring, maintaining, upgrading and troubleshootingExadata environment.
- Experience in on-ExadatatoExadata database migration.
- Exadata x2-2, x3-3,x4-2, x4-5 Database Machine installation, administration and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in Oracle e-business Suite implementations and Upgrades from CRP , Development, and UAT to production as an Oracle Application DBA.
- Applied patches to update and security fixes to Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.5, 11.5.9, 188.8.131.52.
- Extensive experience in configuring and implementing ASM and proficiency in using ASMCMD and ASMLIB, Flashback Technology, Log Miner.
- Extensive experience with logical and physical data modeling and database design using OracleDesigner, DBArtisan and Erwin.
- Backup and Recovery strategy development (hot / cold) and implementation with through understanding of Database Recovery Scenarios.
- Proficient in UNIX and Linux Shell Scripting, Oracle Net, TCP/IP, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers and PL/SQL programming.
- Worked on setup and configuration of Fusion Middleware components Oracle SOA , Web logic 12c, IDM and EM 12c.
- Extensive experience in Security management, performance monitoring / tuning / troubleshooting on various levels, storage management, data migration from other databases to Oracle,Oracle/Crystal Reports and Cloning & Replication of Oracle Databases.
- Extensive experience on 24X7 Production environments for large databases using database solutions such as OEM, RMAN, Data Guard.
Tools: DBCA, TOAD, OEM Grid Control, RMAN, RAC, ASM, AWR, ADDM, Data Guard Erwin, Quest Central, PL-SQL Developer, OWB 11gR2, DB Tools, DBArtisan, OTM, TSM, TDP, Golden Gate, SuperCluster, Web Logic
DBMS: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11gR1/2, 12cR1 DBA, 9iAS, 10gAS,Exadata, MSSQL, Cassandra, SQL*Plus, MySQL.
Languages/Platforms: Forms/Reports, Designer, Import/Export/Data Pump, SQL*Loader, PL/SQL for Oracle, C/C++, Perl/Shell programming
RHEL, AIX, Sun Solaris, HP: Ux, Windows
ERP: Oracle Applications Release, NCA/SC, Informatica.
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Performed fresh Installation, Configure, Administrate and Maintained Oracle 11gr2/12cR1 databases.
- Involved in Database Migration from 11g to 12c Oracle Database with SuperCluster using Data pump utility.
- Participated in oracle 12c upgrade, administration and Golden Gate training from oracle.
- Created step by step instruction checklists/documents for database design, installation, patching, upgrade and administration for Dev/Test/UAT/PROD Environments.
- Applied patches to 11.5.5, 11.5.9, 184.108.40.206 versions of Oracle E-Business suite.
- Involved on support activities Fusion Middleware products of SSO/OAM Oracle Access Manager ( OAM ), Oracle Identity Management ( OIM ), Oracle Internet Directory ( OID ) and WebLogic .
- Upgraded 9iAS for portal.
- Custom Interface to Integrated in-house developed system in Oracle Forms 9iAS on 10gAS and Linux server with Oracle Application standards.
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle Web Logic , OBIEE 11g and other fusion middleware components
- Worked closely with project managers, middleware team, testers and developers to provide thebest application performance.
- Performed Oracle Grid Infrastructure, database upgrade from 11gr2 to 12cR1 by command line andGolden Gate.
- Performed database and SQL tuning to lessen performance impact after oracle 12c upgrade.
- Performed large batch jobs and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Performed installation and maintenance of ORACLE 10g/11gr2/12c on multi-node RAC.
- Provided assistance to aclient in installation, administration and troubleshooting of Exadata.
- Provided assistance in migrating databases to Exadata and monitoring Exadata using OEM12c.
- Performed implementation of a Cassandra, NOSQL based database and migrated and tuned high volumeOLTP transaction from oracle to Cassandra to reduce oracle licensing.
- Configured and maintained Production database replication to client site using Golden Gate.
- Performed adding/removing a node on test server cluster for production POC and added anode on Production Environment for high availability.
- Used dataguard to minimize downtime in Production server upgrade project.
- The used active database, ASM Copy, RMAN and Data Pump to copy/create database for development/testing team.
- Involved in designing, assembly and tuning of thedatabase for development teams.
- Performed installation, upgrade, patching and configuration of OEM Cloud Control and Agents for thedatabase, RAC monitoring and data masking.
- Good experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting Partitioning, Data modeling, OLAP, Logical and Physical Database Design, Backup and Recovery procedures
- PL/SQL and Unix Shell Scripting to Automate Monitoring, Backup jobs, cleanup and Reporting jobs using CRONTAB as well as DBMS SCHEDULER utilities.
- Scheduled auto maintenance and corrective actions jobs in OEM to reduce.
- Supported Dev-UAT-PRD Environments with regards oracle installation, configuration, patching, database backups and assistance to adeveloper with oracle and OWB issues, also add, remove, configure, support OWB workspace and troubleshoot OWB services when necessary.
- Performed implementation, performance tuning and troubleshooting of Golden Gate.
- Written K/Bash shell scripts for auto monitoring, backup validations, and other corrective action tasks.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 11gR1/2, 12cR1, 9iAS, 10gAS, Grid Infrastructure 11gr2, 12cR1, MSSQL 2k3/8, Cassandra, Golden Gate, RAC, Exadata, Data Guard, RMAN, Supercluster, OMS 12c, OWB, Toad, SQL Developer, Erwin, Oracle on RHEL 5/6, HP-UX, AIX, Windows.
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Checked configuration and performance of existing including data file allocation, index, fill factor, fragmentation and impact on system performance.
- Analyzed and turned the DB to identify potential database issues such as response delay, locking contention, even server downtime by using tools like Stats pack, explain PLAN and TKPROF.
- Leading the effort of Cross-platform migration of Oracle databases to Oracle Supercluster.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g and 12c databases on RHEL, Exadata and ODA machines.
- Installed and setup oracle 12cOEM Goldengate plug-in and alerts for golden gate processes
- Monitored and tuned database to optimize the performance and satisfy the availability requirements of multiple applications using (STS) SQL Tuning Set and (STA) SQL Tuning Advisor. Analyzes the data by (ADDM) Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor in the (AWR) Automatic Workload Repository.
- Created the new database objects compiling with (OFA)Optimal Flexible Architecture.
- Modified existing database structures layout such as disk configuration and storage allocation to enhance application performance.
- Provided suggestions to server administration team regarding disk configuration, RAID according to database sizing and capacity planning. Fully utilize Metal ink to maximize Oracle support.
- Maintained day-to-day production support thereafter,checks alerts, activity logs, and error logs to capture any possible errors to ensure the databases health.
- Administrate and Tuned Cassandra databases.
- Performed installations and management of performance for thedata warehouse.
- Migrated databases of awindows server to UNIX servers for new application integration.
- Devised, developed and implemented asophisticatingbackup recovery strategy using RMAN with VERITAS and designed/implemented disaster recovery test.
- Writing & recreating Procedures, Triggers, Functions and Packages and Unix Shell Scripting to meet business needs.
- Installed and configured Oracle 12c OEM agents
- Monitoring oracle databases using Oracle 12c OEM cloud control .
- Oracle 12c OMS and agents upgraded from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 version.
- Configured SNMP trap for Oracle 12c OEM alerts
- Expertise in Unix corn UNIX Shell Scripting , and good knowledge in Perl Scripting .
- Extensive experience in Unix Shell Scripting , Crontab to monitor database status, Performed implementation, performance tuning and troubleshooting of Golden Gate.
- Developed and implemented database maintenance procedures.
- Capacity Planning for both OLTP and Datamart - Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the existing and new databases.
Environment: Oracle 11g (11.2), Red Hat Linux, AIX, Win 2000 Advanced Server, PL/SQL, RMAN,Cassandra, Oracle Designer,SuperCluster, OEM, RAC, Erwin, OLTP, ADDM, AWR, Golden Gate.
- Performed fresh installation of 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 RAC databases on ASM and NFS file systems.
- Project and Version management using PVCS Version Manager and Checking DDL, DML's and Stored procedures in PVCS.
- Database Builds Handling and migrations from CUT (DEV)-ETE (QA)-DR (deployment readiness) and Production. Propagates synchronized database builds to different channels in pre-production environments.
- Created master build script for data migration for DR and Production and providing scripts to infrastructure DBAs.
- Archiving large tables and provides access to business and also increase the performance on archiving tables.
- Managing, Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the databases on a periodic basis using AWR, ADDM reports and providing recommendations.
- Performance testing (Stress testing) of third vendor applications for DB parameter settings, capacity planning (Memory, Space, CPU) and SQL tuning.
- Table Reorganization and recalculating/sizing the storage parameters for database objects to reduce fragmentation.
- Created an RMAN catalog databases and wrote an RMAN backup script for backing up more than 5 production databases and few development databases.
- Recovered data files from block corruption using RMAN.
- Reduced production outages by implementing best practices of patch management, purge/archival, code optimization and applied rolling patches such as PSU and CPU on RAC after testing on DEV, QA, and Staging.
- Good knowledge in Oracle utilities including export/import, SQL*PLUS. Data loading using SQL Loader.
- Performed export and import of database objects in order to copy them from one database to another & for backup the tables.
- Implemented AQ (Queues Tables & Procedures) for job scheduling orchestrator (In-house app).
- Monthly Maintenance Week for reorganizing database and Clearing/Purging Old files/Data.
- Done storage management of Tablespaces, Rollback/Undo segments & Data segments by writing scripts on different data dictionary tables. Managed Space, Monitoring Free Space, and Chained Rows etc.
- Daily monitoring of ALERTlog&Trace files of the database.
- Extensive experience in Unix Shell Scripting , Crontab to monitor database status, retrieve database statistics for analysis, startup and shutdown database, automatic moving and purging of archive files based on time.
- Expertise in Unix Shell Scripting and Unix Shell Scripting (Implemented UNIX Scripts using CRONJOB for
- Separating of tables and indexes on different locations, reducing disk I/O contention etc. applications tuning of thedatabase using Explain Plan, TKPROF, SQL Trace, Analyze, Hints.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, IBM AIX, PL/SQL, Data Guard, Import Export, TOAD, LDAP, RMAN, JIRA, Erwin, Shell Script, DBArtisan.
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle 10g on Linux also upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Implemented Oracle Database 10gtwo-node Real Application Cluster (RAC) using Oracle Clusterware and was responsible for high availability and load balancing.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery.
- Achieved High Availability, Data protection, and Maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Created and modified procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Created all administration tasks of SQL Server and designed database.
- Used system stored procedures and DBCC commands.
- Planned Replication set up for banking software between SQL Server 2000 and local access database.
- Created DTS package to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, text files, and Excel files.
- Set upabackup using VERITAS, checking event viewer on Windows Server 2000/03 and developed recovery procedures.
- Proficient in Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Linux, OS2 operating systems
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, IIS, VPN, RAS, FTP Servers
- Active Directory administration, user login scripts
- Security administration over web servers, mail servers using SSL sockets, firewall
- Created DTS packages for migration of data from SQL Server to MSAccess or Oracle databases.
- Created automatically running stored procedures for day-end operation using SQL Server agent.
- Exported and imported data from text files and Excel to SQL Server database using bulk copy insert and BCP utility.
- Setup SOX auditing on financial tables using Oracle FGA (Fine grain Auditing).
- Created and supported complex database schemas
- Designed data models
- Implemented Microsoft SQL 2005 Server in a test environment.
- Worked with Application Developers to design databases and tables to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
Environment: Windows 2003 server, oracle 10g, 11g, ASP 3.0, PHP2, XML, MS SQL Server 2000 (Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer), TSQL, Erwin 4.0.