- At the moment I work for the Confidential of the State of New Jersey Data Management Unit. Use RMAM, Oracle Recovery Manager and OEM, Oracle Enterprise Manager to backup and manage/monitor multiple databases. I have implemented and maintain Oracle Data Guard environment to enable off - site data processing in the event of any emergency, and encryption at rest. I have written shell scripts and PL/SQL code to accommodate production business logic. I can either work alone or as part of a team with highly complex technical matters. I am recognized for understanding the scope of projects, tracking details and accuracy. Migration and upgrades are common in my current activities.
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle Database 11g /12c/18c.
Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Oracle Linux, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012.
Others: SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Shell scripting, Toad, Microsoft Office Suite, HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP, Java, Java Script, FTK Imager, RMAN, OEM.
Languages (Fluent): English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Information Technology Specialist (Oracle DBA)
- As a member of the Data Management Unit I am managing and supporting the Department’s critical Oracle databases and others related applications and processes from staging and production databases. Installed software designated to measure the level of system such as OEM, Oracle Enterprise Manager which allows the gathering of statistics required, resource utilization, and detection of issues. I have performed installation/migration/upgrade of Oracle databases. I have Implemented database security, including the protecting of PII data, configuring and backing up production/development databases to ensure disaster recovery and business continuity. I have monitored production and development reliability and performance of data processing by identifying issues, researching, and applying all necessary fixes. Provide technical assistance utilizing Oracle and third-party administrative tools in the performance of relevant tasks, and creating, monitoring and maintain scripts designed to run database-related jobs in the Linux environment where the database resides. In addition, I have implemented and maintain Oracle Data Guard environment in the Department Oracle Databases.
- I have writing shell scripts to comply with Data Guard environment in the physical OS, Operation System Linux side where files/scripts/logs must be kept in sync on both servers in the event of a switch over occur. I have written PLSQL scripts on the database side to support business logic, and upon request from development team. I have troubleshoot/fixed shell and PLSQL scripts for production and development to fix problems as they arise, and developed complex code to automate user’s request on production and development databases that involved complex logic.
- RMAN, which is a tool that satisfies the most pressing demands of performance and manageability for backups and recovery, for all Oracle data formats is the tool of choice.
- I have constantly studied Oracle and Linux technical publications as well as State E-Learning Management System to keep current with new advances in database and operating systems to support effectively State agency applications.
SQL Developer / DBA / System Administrator
- Installed/configured and monitor servers and databases as needed.
- Developed & presented monthly sales, inventory and margins reporting for the purpose of maintaining and analyzing sales data.
- Assured the maintenance of records and data files with the objective of optimizing automation B2B.
- Communicated with partners regarding file formats and content requirements.
- Key person supporting, documenting, testing and training of company’s in-house software, which significantly enhanced team’s efficiency and productivity.
- Researched, analyzed, defined and documented end user requirements.
- Worked closely with management to ensure application was built to meet the specific business needs and on track with scheduled delivery dates.
- Analyzed reports to ensure accuracy and consistency within assigned business requirement.
- Routinely performed critical test before each new release of internal program.
- Gathered requirements, planned for testing new functionality and identified requirements for queries and reports.
- Monitored workstation, servers, network devices and all computing equipment connected to the network.
- Set up and maintained network appliances.