- EBusiness Suite Support Database Administration Data Warehousing
- Highly skilled Confidential EBS Applications DBA and Confidential Core DBA, certified by Confidential (OCP) with over 20 years of Confidential experience in Confidential EBS Applications installation, upgrade, cloning, migration, patching and daily maintenance as well as Confidential database administration, maintenance, backup and recovery and performance tuning, fluent in SQL and Unix/Linux Shell scripting, articulate communicator with different teams, managers, developers, and end - users.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Confidential EBusiness Suite 12
- 24 x 7 production on-call support
- Performance Tuning
- Data warehousing
- Database Design / Architecture
- Database Development Life Cycle
- Data Integration and Modeling
- Data / Risk Analysis & Management
- Confidential Database Administration 12c
- Backup & Recovery RMAN
- Confidential Fusion Middleware
- Hyperion, SOA & OBIEE Weblogic
- Advanced Unix (Perl/Shell) Scripting
- Vendor and Systems Software Integration
- Load Balancing and Clustering
- SQL Debugging Techniques
Platforms: Confidential Linux; Redhat Linux; Exadata; Exalytics; HP-UX Itanium; HP-UX PA-RISC; Sun Solaris 8; Linux x86; AIX 5L; Compaq Tru64; Windows XP/ 2007/2003/2000/ NT
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell, Perl, Expect, Korn, Bash, Sed, Awk
Confidential Products: Confidential RDBMS 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, 7.3; Confidential Applications R12.2, R12.1.3, 11.5.10 CU2, 11.5.9, 11.5.x, 11.0.3 (Manufacturing, Financials, OM, HR, CRM); Hyperion; SOA; OBIEE; RAC; Confidential Enterprise Manager; SOA; MWA(MSCA); RMAN; Confidential Application Server 10g; Confidential Data Guard and Standby Database; SQL*Plus; PeopleSoft; SQL*Loader; Export/Import; Data Pump; OID; Workflow; Confidential Warehouse Builder, Apache, Weblogic, PeopleSoft, Cognos, Informatica
Tools: SVN; ITG; CommVault; J2EE; JRE/JVM; Cisco Load Balancer; OVO; VNCServer; Maestro; Remedy; HTMLDB; SharePoint; Omni backup; PVCS Version Manager; TOAD; Autosys;
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Provide on-call Confidential EBusiness production support 24x7.
- Provide production support of Confidential EBS 12.2, EBS12.1.3, Hyperion, SOA systems, etc.
- Provide production support for Confidential database 12c, etc.
- Work on cloning, patching, upgrades, backup & recovery, and other routine DBA tasks.
- Provide support for Hyperion, SOA & OBIEE applications and their weblogic services.
- Install, upgrade, configure and implement OEM for system monitoring.
- Work with Linux administrators to set up CommVault with RMAN.
- Write shell/perl/SQL/expect scripts to automate routine system batch jobs.
- In charge of production change control and user security management.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior DBA Consultant
- Provided on-call production support 24x7.
- Provided production support of Galaxy Data warehouse, Titan Insurance data warehouse, Nationwide Private Client, Zoom&Fusion, Sales Compensation and Merced Compensation systems.
- Worked production performance tuning and reduced end of month processing significantly.
- Wrote shell/perl scripts to help automate routine system batch jobs.
- Coordinated with Nationwide I&O DBA teams for Spanish Cities Server project for production databases upgrade to 11g and migration from Solaris to Linux.
- Supported production RAC databases and the migration from non-RAC to RAC databases.
- Managed schema objects, user security, refreshing environments and other DBA daily tasks.
- Provided 24x7 support of all Confidential production environments including Confidential Applications 11i CU2, data warehouse, PeopleSoft, SOA, Logistics Red Prairie databases, OEM, COGNOS, HYPERION, OTM, REMEDY, and the Active modules of our E*Business systems included Manufacturing, CRM, Financials, Sales On Line. Current size of the E*business database is 2.2 terabytes.
- Actively supported platforms include HP-UX Itanium, HP-UX PA-RISC, Linux, and Windows.
- Completed E*Business R12 upgrade in a multi-tier environments.
- Completed E*Business 11.5.10 CU2 upgrade in both single-tier and multi-tier environments.
- Worked on E*Business shared file system and Linux migration project.
- Completed E*Business TechStack upgrade. (RUP6, AD.I.5, JRE/JDK upgrade, PS19 upgrade)
- Performed E*Business environments routine refreshing/cloning with rapidclone.
- Handled production support of Confidential SOA Siebel On Demand applications.
- Handled production support of PeopleSoft OAS application servers and databases.
- Supported PeopleTools upgrade including OAS upgrade and performance tuning due to Time & Labor implementation.
- Supported Logistics Red Prairie backend databases and their physical standby databases.
- Performed as Confidential Enterprise Manager administrator, including OEM setup, upgrade and data guard configuration.
- Handled production support of Confidential data warehouse environments.
- Completed Confidential Configuration Manager OCM set up and support.
- Migrated databases across platforms, e.g., from Windows to HP-UX, from HP-UX PA-RISC to HP-UX Itanium.
- Completed RDBMS 10.2.0.x installations and upgrades.
- Worked as the primary DBA for database performance tuning and owner of the DBA performance metrics.
- Engaged as the main support for all databases capacity planning and space management.
- Handled RDBMS tablespace ASSM conversion, OATM conversion.
- Became very fluent with shell scripting, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Engaged as the Confidential Days presenter and provided support as needed.
- Provided Informatica upgrade DBA support.
- Handled Load Balancing (CCM, Forms, JVM).
- Completed Backup and Recovery plus Quarterly DR tests.
- Delivered E*Business production system Failover with HP-UX service guard module.
- Completed Change Management with ITG.
- Handled Confidential service requests and worked with Confidential analysts.
- Coordinated new DBA mentoring.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Principal Support Engineer
- Migrated Confidential Applications 11.5.9 from Windows 2003 to Linux x86.
- Used AD utilities adpatch, adsplicer, adadmin, adconfig to maintain the applications.
- Troubleshot Apache, Jserv and Framework issues in Applications 11i.
- Provided 24x7 production support for Confidential applications 11.5.9 on AIX.
- Cloned applications 11.5.9 with virtual hostname and portal every month with rapid clone.
- Maintained applications with adpatch to apply patches, adadmin to compile and generate objects and files, adconfig to source the system and OAM for applications DBA daily tasks.
- Setup backup & recovery strategy for production, QA and development databases for the applications.
- Installed Applications HRMS 11.5.9 on sandbox systems.
- Wrote RMAN scripts, shell scripts and Autosys JTL scripts to implement automated backup.
- Troubleshot applications issues in concurrent manager jobs, portal, forms, reports and databases related issues.
- Logged tars in Confidential metalink and work with Confidential On Demand team and Confidential analysts.
- Provided 9i database monitoring, sizing and performance tuning.
- Setup Confidential data guard feature on Windows 2000 system.
- Performed data guard switchover and failover for disaster recovery.
- Installed and configured Confidential Enterprise Manager and the Management Server.
- Setup DBA email/pager notification of database monitoring and backup jobs.
- Supported 9i database performance tuning.
- Installed, configured and maintained 9iAS infrastructure and middle tier servers.
- Transfered knowledge to client DBA.
Applications 11i DBA
- Performed Confidential Financial Applications 11.5.8 production go live support.
- Applied patches to keep the applications patch level up to date, maintain applications with autoconfig and adadmin.
- Worked with Confidential support on tars to troubleshoot applications errors.
- Setup printers for the applications.
- Upgraded JDK, Jinit and Dev6i for the Applications.
- Provided 8i database performance tuning.
- Installed and configured OEM and RMAN for the applications database.
- Worked with system administrators and set up applications system backup & recovery plan for production and test databases.
- Setup RMAN jobs to automate the backup & recovery procedure.
- Cloned production system to test system with rapid clone.
- Troubleshooting OEM email and paging malfunctioning.
- Set up reports web server for Sun cluster system.
- Set up database tuning criteria.
- Recommended patches for various database performance problems.
- Assisted Skidmore College during their 11.0.3 to 11.5.9 upgrade project.
- Troubleshoot and solved any issues that rise during the migration.
- Worked with Confidential support and resolved tar issues successfully and on time.
- Completed an Confidential Upgrade NYC MTA database system from 8.0.6 to 9i and setup all 9i new features.
- Installed Confidential 9iAS application server and configured application server with infrastructure on AIX machine.
- Synchronized Netscape iPlanet server with Confidential Internet Directory server.
- Setup and configured directory integration platform. Setup SSO integration with OID.
Financials Applications DBA
- Upgraded Confidential Financials Applications from 11.0.3 to 11i (11.5.8) for LASR development system testing and production environments.
- Installed 11i Vision systems on HP-UX.
- Used adclone and manual clone methods to clone Confidential Applications 11 and 11i as needed due to memory and space limit. Set up multi-tier structures for Financials applications.
- Planned and calculated system capacity, software usage and implementation of the 11i upgrade.
- Used autoconfig, adpatch, adadmin to support daily functions of Confidential Financial Application 11 and 11i, troubleshoot all problems developers and system administrators encounter.
- Designed, developed and maintained a multi-threaded server system for the Online Manuals Pointers project. The production system can support up to 10,000 concurrent users.
- Tuned datawarehouse PL/SQL scripts.
- Setup SQL and PL/SQL coding standard for new customer application ADULTS.
- Supported Confidential Financials Application 11 and 11i functions as DBA for LASR project.