- Highly Motivated, Creative, dynamic and detailed oriented Oracle database administrator professional with 8+ years of hands - on experience in production and project support across full system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced Oracle DBA with 8years of experience in Oracle Database Administration in large-scale production environments across multiple platforms including Red Hat Linux (RHEL), IBM AIX and Windows 2012 Server
- Ability to provide expert-level technical support in all aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning and backup & recovery Hands-on experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager and Oracle Data Guard
- Experience in performing Backups/Recovery using RMAN, Data Pump and Flashback Technology.
- Experience in SQL Tuning using tools like Explain Plan, SQL*Trace, TKPRO, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control, AWR (Automated Workload Repository) / Stats pack and ASH (Active Session History) reports, ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor) analysis.
- Experience in Database capacity planning, monitoring object growth and Storage Management.
- Experience in Partitioning Tables, Rebuilding of Indexes, Secure files, DBLINKS, Materialized Views, Store Procedures, Triggers and constraints.
- Experience in defining Users, Roles, Privileges, Auditing to ensure database Security.
- Experience in applying CPU/PSU patches to various versions of databases with minimum downtime.
- Experience in upgrading Oracle databases from 10g to 11g and 11g to 12c.
- Proficient in writing SQL, PL/SQL (Stored Procedures, functions, packages and triggers) scripts and in UNIX Shell Scripting for automating Database administration task.
Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Created user accounts & system/user-level database objects managed user privileges.
- Managed various database structures: Tablespaces, data files, controlfiles, redo log files and Parameter file using OEM, GUI Tools and Command-Line
- Performed several test recovery procedures to ensure the validity of backups and workability of the recovery system
- Scheduled and managed jobs using crontab and Oracle Scheduler
- Project Team Member - Migrated Oracle 11gR2 database to ASM storage on Oracle Enterprise Linux 7.3
- Developed ad-hoc queries for end-user reports and UNIX shell to automatic database administration task
- Performed scheduled and intermittent cloning/refreshing of production database using RMAN and Data Pump
- Designed and implemented UNIX shell script/SQL Loader for loading flat files to Oracle Database on a daily basis from the FTP Server
- Worked with Developers and QA Testers to debug PL/SQL programs and carried out production installation of programs after User Acceptance Test approval.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Managed backup & recovery for Oracle on Linux using RMAN
- Processed the day-to-day user requests and troubleshooting the database related problems.
- Monitored Tablespace size, resizing Tablespace, relocating data files for better disk I/O.
- Created user, allocation of appropriate Tablespace quotas with necessary privileges and roles for Oracle & SQL Server databases.
- Created backup plan design and implementation using cold/hot backups and RMAN backup technology.
- Applied PSU patch to over 100 Production, Development and Test databases
- Analyzed, recommended and implemented an Oracle Active Data Guard (Standby Database) to facilitate data protection, site redundancy and disaster recovery.
- Monitored and tuned database performance during testing and production operations; coordinated and implemented database sizing/resizing, restructures and index rebuilds; assists with capacity planning for future database growth; documents benchmarks and procedures needed to optimize performance; ensure that all performance guidelines are followed.
- Worked with developers to design, develop, test and maintain Oracle PL/SQL packages, triggers, stored procedures and functions to support multiple clients
- Created and maintained logins, synonyms and access privileges using roles, controlling access to the database using operating system and Oracle security features.
- Used Performance Tuning using tools/utilities including Automated Workload Repository report (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM), Explain Plan, TKPROF and SQL Plan Management
- Created and maintained UNIX shell scripts to automate RMAN backups, Database cloning, Data pump jobs, File Transfers and database administration task.