- Overall 8 plus years of experience as Oracle DBA.
- Worked on 10g, 11g, R2, 12c, 18c Oracle databases.
- Managed database on RHEL, AIX and Windows platform.
- Worked on SQL Server 2008 & 2012 databases.
- Build 2 - node and 4-node RAC clusters.
- Managed databases on AWS Cloud
- Worked very closely with SAN team for ASM.
- Worked on setting up DR with RMAN and Data Guard.
- Worked on Oracle Golden Gate for Uni and Bi-Directional Replication.
- Build 10g Grid Control and administer 12c Grid Control.
- Worked on Windows Server 2008, 2012.
- Possess strong Administrative skills on RHEL.
- Installed and deployed RHEL from scratch.
- Migrated and Managed Databases on AWS.
- Migrated 12c to AWS RDS.
- Worked on AWS EC2 Servers.
- Build uni-directional Golden Gate replication.
- Hands on experience of database Backup and Recovery using RMAN.
- Strong experience in OEM Oracle Data Guard, SQL* Net, SQL Loader and SQL*PLUS, STATSPACK, Explain Plan and TOAD.
- Clone databases using RMAN duplicate and Data Pump
- Experience in Application tuning using session trace file and TKPROF utility.
- Created and managed remote server for Materialize Views.
- Team Lead coordinator between technical operations team (DBA) and applications users/information systems/processing specialists.
- Provided tablespace and OS storage management.
- Written shell scripts to automate jobs
- Managed databases on Exadata
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris, AIX
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c, SQL Server 2008 & 2012
High Availability: RAC, Data Guard, ASM, Golden Gate, Materialize Views, RAID
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripts
Tools: RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, exp, imp, expdp, impdp, ERWIN, TOAD
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, SQL Advisor
Database Modeling: Erwin 4.0, TOAD
Web Server/Tools: IIS, WebSphere, HTML, XML
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Provided day to day operations support.
- Worked with onshore and offshore team members.
- Upgrade Database from 12c to 18c
- Migrated database from 12c standalone servers to 4-node RAC.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Oracle Database Software 9i and 10g on RHEL 3.0 and 4.0 environment and RAC setup with ASM.
- Maintained and centralize inventory of all databases / servers.
- Created User accounts, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Performed schema and table refreshes from production using data pump.
- Responsible for new Installations of 12g R2 Oracle RAC, ASM.
- Managed up to 40 TB databases.
- Worked on SOX compliance.
- Used Amanda licensing software to manage compliance.
- Administered and managed Golden Gate.
- Data compression, Block level, table level, RMAN level compression.
- Using Data Pump to copy data across different platform.
- Improved performance of replicate process using Range functions in Golden Gate.
- Database backup using RMAN for hot backup and through scripts for cold backup.
- Database Backup, Database Restore and Database Recovery using various tools.
- Database Reorganizations for better space management.
- Performed Database Refreshes and Database Copies for higher to lower environment.
- Installed, migrated and tested Oracle 11gdatabases in various environments.
- Worked on Active Data Guard and managed Standby with Data Broker.
- Written and modified scripts to automate cron jobs.
- Provided 24/7 support.
- Used Data Pump to refresh databases.
- Used Export Import to refresh schema objects.
- Managed database on SQL Server.
- Restored and recover databases on SQL Server.
- Provided on-call support
- Worked with Oracle engineers to provide solution to issues.
- Worked on table partitioning.
- Written shell scripts.
- Provided tablespace and user management
- Written SQL Scripts from Oracle Dictionaries.
Confidential, HARTFORD, CT
- 24x7 Production database and applications support
- Installation and Configurations of Oracle 11g RAC and 11g RAC.
- Involved in Design and Implementation of Standby Databases (Data Guard)
- Build and managed Active Data Guard
- Extensive experience using Oracle ASM
- Worked with developers in supporting deployment and releases
- Installed, configured, and maintained Oracle 11g and 12c.
- Upgraded from Oracle 10g to 11g to 12c
- Managed databases using command line, 12c cloud control and TOAD
- Performed the migration from Tandem to Oracle 11g.
- Performed Database Refresh from Production to Development databases.
- Supported different Databases like Testing, Staging and Training.
- Performed installation and configuration of Oracle 11g and 12c RAC databases on Linux.
- Upgraded databases from 11g to 12c
- Build 4-node RAC Cluster
- Worked closely with developers during release
- Good experience in Performance tuning of large databases.
- Data Guard administration and maintenance.
- Successfully implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN, Hot and Cold backups.
- Taking the RMAN incremental and cumulative backups.
- Scheduling the databases backup using crontab and VERITAS net backup.
- Perform Logical backup using full/partial export/import and data pump.
- Creating Logical and Physical database structure, Creating and altering Tablespaces. Managing Users and Resources, Granting and revoking privileges through Roles.
- Provided instance level performance monitoring and tuning for Event Waits, Sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
- Perform Daily Monitoring of Oracle Instances, monitor users, and table spaces, Memory Structures, Rollback Segments, Logs and Alerts.
- Creation of Users and granting them the required Roles and Privileges accordingly.
- Involvement in space management, managed quotas.
- Configuration of Listener and Net Service names using NETCA and NETMGR.
- Cloned schemas, objects and data on new server using Data pump.
- Managing databases on multiple servers.
- Worked extensively on monitoring 10G grid control database, configuration of error notifications, installing listeners, and adding them to the grid control.