Strong Interests: High Availability systems with RAC, AWS Cloud Computing, Dataguard Standby, Streams, Golden Gate, BCV; Database Security with TDE, Data Warehousing with Partitioning.
- 1 year with AWS Cloud Administration working with various ec2 instance type (t3.micro, t2.small, t2,medium m5d.large, m5d.xlarge, m5d.2xlarge, r3.xlarge, r3.2xlarge, r5d.xlarge, r5d.2xlargex1e.xlarge, x1e.2xlarge, z1d.xlarge, z1d.2xlarge) running Linux, Oracle, ASM, MySQL, SQL ServerApache, Tomcat, Glassfish, Apex (ORDS), EBS, EFS and CDN S3 Bucket, VPC, Subnet, AMISnapshots and RDS. 22 years with Oracle Database Administration (OLTP, Data Warehousing, E - Com and eCRM) of Very Large Databases (VLDB): 100GB to more than 10 Terabyte(TB) using ORACLE (7.x, 8.x, 8i, 9i,10g,11g, 12c Multitenant/non-CDB) databases technologies running on RH/Oracle LINUX AS 3x,4x & 5x,6x,7x; HP-UX 10.x & 11.x.; AIX 3.x, 4.x & 5.x; Solaris 8,9 &10 and utilizing the following server platforms: HP DLs (360, 380, 580); IBM BladeCenter HS21; Dell PE 6850 and 2850 server, HP (K, N, V Class servers), 64-way HP 9000 Superdomes Enterprise server, RS/6000 (J, G, R, F series), SUN (480R, V880, V240, V490), IBM eServer (x325,x335,x336).
- 19 years with Parallel system/Cluster technologies/HA with Oracle OPS/RAC (2 Node to 4 Node), Geo cluster with WDM over dark fiber), Physical and Logical Standby, Oracle streams and Golden Gate replications, Azure Cloud Computing. VERITAS (VCS, VxFS, VxVM), CRS/OCFS, ASM, Active-Passive with HACMP, HP ServiceGuard, Data Guard, used to achieve High Availability/ High Performance 7x24 databases
- 17 years with Backup/ Restore strategy using RMAN integrated with EMC DataDomain,TSM, OMNIBACK II and Netbackup MML, OSB MML to AWS S3 storage 15 years with DR planning and exercises using Dataguard Standby (10g, 11g, 12c), Oracle Streams Replication (10g, 11g), Golden Gate (11g, 12c); Database Cloning and Redirected Restore with RMAN and/or Business Continuity solution using HP BCV, EMC SnapView, IBM Fast-T splitlvcopy, ESS FlashCopy.
- 15 years with Storage Area Network(SAN) technologies used to host data using EMC Clarion CX500, Symmetrix, HP SureStore XP512 (2TB), StorageWorks XP12000 (64TB) Sun StorEdge T3 Array, IBM Shark ESS, DS6000 series, SSA disks. 3 years with AIX, SUN Solaris, LINUX, HP-UX and Windows NT Administration including Network Administration of network running TCP/IP, UDP, SQL*NET, MTS, NFS, DCE/DFSDNS/NIS, WWW, Firewall, Ethernet, ATM, SMTP, SLIP/PPP. 7 years SQL Server (6.5, 7, 2000, 2005 and 2008 including DTS, 64bit w/ SSIS, OLAP Service, Reporting Service, BI Development Service) on Windows NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 including x64. 3 years of Software development with PLSQL, TSQL, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL, JAVAXML, XMI, XSLT, Apache Torque and Velocity scripts, VISUAL BASIC, Borland OWL, PRO*CFORTRAN, PASCAL, ADA, BASIC, Modula 2. Assembly programming on 8086, 68HC11 8bit micro- controller, DSP32C AP2 APOS non-assembler interfacing.
- OEM, Q-Diagnostics, PRECISE, Spotlight, TOAD, SQLab, HP Openview, Big Brother, ARC Serve, ECO- Tools, BMC Patrol, OWB, OMW. MATLAB, Poseidon, Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visual Studio, ERWin, PC Anywhere, Mikogo, RDP Excellent Communication skills
Senior Oracle and AWS Cloud Administration
Confidential, Novi, MI
- Database Architecture and administration of mostly Oracle (11gR2,12c and 18c) with ASM(asmlib and asmfd) up to 12TB , and few SQL Server and MySQL, on AWS Cloud using the following ec2 instance types (t3.micro,t2.small,t2,medium m5d.large, m5d.xlarge, m5d.2xlarge, r3.xlarge, r3.2xlarge, r5d.xlarge,r5d.2xlarge,x1e.xlarge, x1e.2xlarge, z1d.xlarge, z1d.2xlarge) with Instance Store, EBS gp2, EFS, CDN S3, running Linux (Ubuntu18. RedHAT7.x and Oracle Linux 7.x). Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, ORDS (Apex), Nginix.
- Oracle Hot and Cold Backup and Recovery using RMAN OSB MML to AWS S3 storage. Snapshots of all ec2 DB instances
- Set up CDN S3 buckets for static and dynamic contents. Created VPCs with Public and Private Subnet for Client specific hosting. Integrated VPC tunnel with SONICWALL VPN to allow access to VPC from work and offsite.
- Wrote awscli scripts to automate various AWS tasks and storage administration .
- Worked with creating custom LINUX AMI from scratch with Oracle and ASM.
Senior RAC Database Administrator, Cloud
- Oracle 10gR2, 11gR2 and 12c (Multitenant and non-CDB) database administration on AWS and Azure cloud environment running Linux 7.x, and non-Cloud SMP Linux environments with 2 to 4 node RAC cluster with ASM using either ASMlib or udev. All environments created and administered for DR using Data Guard Standby or Golden Gate.
- Most environments in full PCI scope, TDE with Keystore wallet and database level, table level and column level encryption.
- Backup created and administered using RMAN API with VERITAS Netbackup MML.
- Quarterly DR Failover and/or switchover test along with full recovery exercises using redirected restore and RMAN duplication and cloning.
- Complex troubleshooting and performance tuning, and have provided work around and solution where vendor support failed.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- 10gR2 and 11gR2 Oracle database administration on Solaris, HP-UX systems using Active-Passive (HP-ServiceGuard, Sun Clusterware) failover, and Linux / Exadata RAC /ASM for High Availability env.
- Worked on Dodge Project of Migrating databases from HP and IBM managed Oracle databases to Ally Data Center in an effort to bring database support in house. Techniques used were RMAN, SRDF, export/import and Oracle home cloning.
- Upgrading Dev, Model and Prod databases to 11gR2. Quarterly CPU patching. Working on new projects with APP team to build new databases as per their requirement and bringing them to sustain support.
- Created multiple Standby databases for DR and High Availability. Carried out regular DR Failover and switchover exercises to validate our environment.
- Worked with Exadata RAC using ASM, Streams, Standby, various trouble-shooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery, DB cloning, regular ISM problem tickets, regular ServiceNow database changes.
- Regular 7x24 on-call rotations.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Logical and Physical Database Administration of 4 Oracle 10gR2.4 RAC systems (2 for TEST/QA and 2 for production), spread across two geographical location in Boulder CO and Columbus OH, running 2 databases each for AVIS car rental and Budget car rental. Design, setup and trouble-shoot bi-directional streams replication on Oracle RAC between the two locations for more than 500 tables. Tasks involved configuring capture, propagation and apply rulesets, setting up error handlers to resolves apply errors, Setting up streams monitoring, data synchronizations, and oracle SMTP alert and Oracle Directory interface with BMC monitoring for automatic problem ticket generation.
- Other tasks involved setting up the RAC system on oracle 10.2.0.4 using Solaris 10 running on Sun-Fire-V490 and Sun Cluster 3.2 and Sun StorageTek SAN. Backup and recovery using RMAN /TSM RMAN duplication. Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) for shopping cart tables, and other day to day troubleshooting and resolving physical DBA and Logical DBA issues (propagation hanging, massive archive log generation, Performance tuning, Meta-data corruption, memory leak on propagation, ORA-600 bugfix, DB rolling patches, Network connectivity issues, etc.)
- RMAN duplication for DB refreshes from PROD to TEST/QA
- Database upgrade of the existing 10gR2 2 node stacked RAC to 11gR2 2 node stacked RAC
- Worked extensively with the Physical DBA team in Dubuque support center, initially mentoring them on RAC system and administration including backup trouble shooting and DB restore including TSM command line tools like dsmc, dsmadmc, baclient
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Database administration of 105 production databases ranging from 100GB to 10TB in size consisting of Oracle (8i, 9i, 10gR1, 10gR2, 11gR2); SQL Server (7, 2000, 2005 and 2008 including 64bit) w/ DTS/SSIS, OLAP Service, Reporting Service, BI Development Service; DB2 (7.3, 8.2, 9.5 with HADR and HACMP), Sybase ASE 12.
- Designed and implemented High Availability (7x24) environment solution for business critical databases in Oracle utilizing Oracle 9i and 10gR2 two to four node Real Application Clusters (RAC) with ASM for E-commerce and WMS systems; in DB2 using HADR for Store Perform, and Active-Passive HACMP cluster for e-commerce borders.com site; in SQL Server using SQL server Database Mirroring for Informatica metadata repository, SQL server HA INSTANCE cluster with MSCS for WMS systems;
- Re-architected the existing RDW (Retek Data Warehouse), Retail Merchandising System (RMS), Streamlined the RMAN/TSM backup of Retek 3.5TB of backup from 25 hours to 5 hours. Worked with SAW BW database and SAP provided interface tools to oracle DB like brtools (brspace, brbackup, brconnect, brrecover,)
- LAWSON Financial system, Warehouse Management System (WMS), E-commerce, Point-Of-Sale systems (POS), Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW) and Legacy system to in corporate a consolidated EDW system to allow for single integrated view of Operational and Historical Data. Inmon architecture and Data modeling approach utilizing Hub and Spoke and Data Vault to realize a flexible & scalable EDW
- Created and Setup RMAN backup script for effective Hot, Cold and Archivelog backup (including lvl0, incremental and block change tracking) and recovery strategy (including DB incarnations, PITR, Partial and full, tablespace, block level recovery). RMAN duplication and Business Copy for database cloning. Used TDP for SQL server to integrate SQL Server backup (simple and full recovery mode including transaction logs) to TSM as MML to tape and DataDomain to disk. SQL server Database refreshes from Production to TEST/QA. SQL server database migration to oracle. Used Native TSM in DB2 to schedule backup to tape. Extensive use of db2utl and list utilities and rollforward in DB2 for its backup and recovery. Utilized TSQL, PLSQL, Windows .bat, Unix shell scripting and coding for system monitoring, backups and maintenance scripts and interfacing them with Big Brother system and OEM server solution for centralized monitoring for all Oracle, DB2 databases, SQL Server.
- Worked on various project in ORACLE, SQL Server and DB2 involving implementing and supporting, Synchro, Bit9, Smartplant Electrical(SPEL), Qumu video streaming, LIMS, RAC VMware POC with ASMlib comprising of Oracle and Sql Server in both cluster and non-cluster env. StorePerform, Websphere E-Com, LDAP, eComm Fedex/MQSI, Crossworlds, Portal, Kobo Digital, B2B, COMMERCE, AMG, E-info Avaya CRM, OutlookSoft CPM, Retek (RMS, RDW, RPL), Lawson Financial (Asset Management, Account payable / Receivable), WMS (Warehouse Management System including inventory control), PeopleSoft (Human Resources, Payroll, Training, Time & Attendance, Benefits), MasterTax for employee payroll tax with data feed from PeopleSoft HR and Lawson Account Payble, VTAX, Oracle Forms, Remedy, Changepoint, Microstrategy, Informatica, B2B (Yantra, Axway, JCAPS), SolidCore, Treasury Management, Alteris, McAfee, Netkey, AWDS, LossPrevention, GTIN, PLANVIEW etc. and have effectively supported these through development, QA and production. Virtualizations using VMware and LPAR in some projects.
- OutlookSoft CPM installation on SQL server 2000 including DTS and TSQL coding for ETL process to SQL server OLAP service.
- Extensive use of Oracle Transparent Gateway for SQL server and General connectivity (TG4MSQL, HAODBC) to interact with ORACLE DW and SQL Server Outlooksoft CPM database to push and pull data for data mining / Data Marts purpose.
- Other tasks included Performance Management and tuning and troubleshooting, 7x24 support, Database upgrades, Service Packs, Hotfixes, bugfixes, patches etc. in Oracle, DB2, SQL Server environments.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA and Troy, MI
- Provided Oracle RAC Database administration of High Availability OLTP and E-Commerce(7x24) environment utilizing Oracle 9i and 10g Real Application Clusters (RAC) on a 2 node SUN 480R VERITAS cluster (VCS, VxFS, VxVM) running Solaris 8, and a 2 node Dell PE 6850 Oracle cluster (OCFS/CRS/ASM) running Red Hat AS EMT64 Linux.
- Sun StorEdge T3 Array and EMC CX500 Clarion were used as the SAN storage technology. EMC SnapView was utilized as the business continuity solution (BC) and Standby database using Data Guard was used for disaster recovery. RMAN/NetBackup was used for Backup and recovery solutions.
- These were integrated in a 3-tier architecture involving J2EE technologies including JAVA, JDBC, XML, Hibernate, Web Servers, Resin, JBoss, ColdFusion and F5.
- Worked closely with Back-end Java Servlet engineers in all design and build phases and support of the databases. Optimize the online system using innovative search and caching solution like Endeca.
Lead Database Administrator; Oracle and SQl Server
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Database Administration and development of large scale Oracle 9i/8i and MS SQL Server (7 & 2000) instances on Linux and Windows NT platforms towards the multi-channel (VoIP, email, Chat, Phone, Wireless, Co-browsing, Self Help etc.) eCRM software development employing J2EE technologies including JAVA, JDBC, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, CMP 2.0, Torque, Velocity Templates, XML, Poseidon for UML, IntelliJ IDEA, ANT task, Hibernate Object-Relational mapping, NetAgent suite, etc.
- Some of the major tasks involved effective use of various tools like Oracle Migration Workbench (OMWB) to transform and migrate MS SQL Server T-SQL Procedures, Functions, Triggers and schema to Oracle databases in order to deploy our eCRM applications across heterogeneous env.; MS SQL Server tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS) and TSQL coding were used to map and migrate data across different architecture in order to upgrade from ePiphany schema design to our in-house built CCP architecture for both Oracle and MS SQL databases; Created and modified Apache software tools like Velocity template and Torque to read the UML model / XMI and XML schema and construct platform independent database schemas..
- Created and monitored Oracle and SQL Server Advanced Replication for the eAssist eCRM application to support multi-site Call Center. Also created custom Transparent Gateway solution to offload data to and from eCRM and NetAgent’s SQL server databases to their in-house Oracle system for the eCRM customer like Cogeco cables and Perot System
- Performance management using Oracle Statspack and SQL Server Profiler; Advanced backup and recovery; Setup database clustering(MSCS, RAC) and DR using oracle 9i Dataguard Standby to test and suggest changes to eCRM development team to cater to High Availability env.
Lead Database Administrator; Oracle and SQL Server
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Oracle 8i & 9i and MS SQL Server 7 Database Administration of the eTA (Electronic Time and Attendance) database consisting of the Corporate Payroll data.
- Hardware and software used to achieve these were 64-way SMP HP 9000 Superdomes Enterprise server with 14 partitions running multi OS environments: (HP-UX 11.x for Oracle databases, and Windows NT / SQL Server for the clock server electronic finger printing system feeding the data to the Oracle database), HP SureStore XP512 (2TB) Disk Array, VA7400, Tape libraries, and various support server and storage, all integrated in Storage Area Network (SAN). The entire system was on High Availability using HP-SERVICE GUARD.
- The job function requires Very heavy exposure to Oracle Database Administration; And strong background in Unix System administration.
- Duties Involved: 7x24 support; EXP/IMP; Monitoring daily Database and System activities; Database and systems Programming using PL-SQL/TSQL, PRO*C, JAVA, Perl and Unix Shell Scripts; Oracle Server and Application Performance Management to maximize database throughput; Oracle Network Management using centralized NameServer.
- Oracle System and SQL Server Backup Recovery including DRP exercises using advanced backup, restore and recovery techniques with OMNIBACK II, RMAN , Business Copy (BC) and ARC Serve;
- Installation/Configuration/Upgrade/Downgrade; Database capacity planning, benchmarking and stress and Failover Testing for the HP Superdome. Oracle Application Development Support for Oracle Web Based Application and Visual Basic. Other duties HP Openview monitoring
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Did Technical and Administrative maintenance/design of Very Large Databases (VLDB) ranging from 100GB to more than a Terabyte(TB) in size using ORACLE 7.x, 8.x, 8i & 9i and SQL Server 6.5 & 7 for both OLTP and Data Warehousing (DW)/Decision Support System (DSS). Hardware/Software used to achieve these were HP SMP(K, N, V Class servers), EMC Disk Array, HP-UX 10.x & 11.x., Windows NT, Various distributed system, parallel system, cluster technologies like Oracle OPS(3 Node & 2 Node Cluster).
- Was primary on 5 Production and 15 Test/QA/DEVL databases (OLTP & DW). Participated in regular 7x24 on-call support of more than 300 Oracle databases(OLTP, DW, E-Commerce & ERP);
- Physical and logical database design and creations of all database objects and datafiles (both file system & raw device). Queried extensively both Data Dictionary Views and Dynamic Performance Views. Did all Production Changes in the databases efficiently. Used tools like SQL*Loader and EXP/IMP effectively.
- Monitored daily Database & Systems activities using Q-Diagnostics, PRECISE, PATROL. Wrote Database System Programs using SQL/Unix Scripts for monitoring and automating tasks like Storage Extent, generating daily database healthcheck reports, notifying and eliminating database locks, and Trouble Shooting problem with the Oracle Database System.
- Oracle Performance management including tuning init.ora parameters, SQL*Net and MTS listener to allow for maximum Client-Server connection. DB Applications/ SQL and UNIX kernel to optimize database throughput. Planned for effective Filesystem/Raw volume layout on the EMC, AMDHAL. IPL array disks to eliminate ‘Hot Spots’ and disk contention, and customized it for both OLTP and Data Warehousing. Indexes management and Reverse-Key Indexing, Partitioning for very large tables. Did Database stress testing for capacity planning and benchmarking database systems.
- Backup and Recovery of database and system files on both AMDHAL & EMC disks. Used both Cold Backup, Hot Backup or combination of both depending on database type and uses. Did partial and full recovery depending on the scenario. Did regular Export/ Import of critical database objects and schemas to be used in case of fast recovery of lost data. Also used this to plan for Disaster Recovery & Planning.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade and Downgrade of Oracle databases including Oracle PeopleSoft installation and administration. Have Upgraded to 7.3.x, 8.x, 8i and 9i. Applied Patches to fix various Oracle Bugs. Have interacted extensively with Oracle Support, opened TAR, reported and discussed various bugs and followed up till I get the end result.
- Data Warehouse Administration of 1.5TB using highly parallel hardware (HP-V Class Servers), software (OPS 4*N Cluster) & OLAP. Tuned Init.ora to achieve sorting on disks for large DSS queries. Partitioned very large Tables for better performance/manageability. Striped Temporary TS to reduce I/O bottleneck for large/complex queries. Used Materialized views, Bitmap indexes and Reverse Key Indexing for faster queries and inserts. Supported both full client Business Objects and thin client based webi interactions with the DW. Used SQL*Loader Partition Loads for fast concurrent loads.
- HP-UX Unix System Administration including working extensively with hardware like Disks, CPU, Tape drives, PCI cards, SCSI, Ethernet etc.,. Interfaced different types of hardware together to create a DBA Research and Testing lab for testing Oracle 9i features, OMNI Backup, and various monitoring tools, and to support other small projects internal to the DBA team. Trouble-shooted Major # & Minor # problem with raw devices. Wrote various UNIX shell scripts. Created/Trouble-shooted LV, PV and VG.
AIX UNIX Systems Administrator
Confidential, Boulder, CO
- AIX UNIX System Administration of various RS6000 platforms including 250’s 350’s 390’s, 590’s, J-series, G-series, R-series and the F-series running AIX 3.x and 4.x.
- Worked on IBM’s AIX Tech Support team providing technical solution remotely (via phone and remote login) for hundreds of RS/6000 boxes on DCE/DFS (Distributed Computing Environment) running ORACLE and other software for the USDA forest service.
- Majority of the work involved trouble-shooting, both hardware and software, of existing AIX systems and their attached devices like SSA disks, SCSI, RAID Arrays, Tape drives, Token Ring Adapters, Modems, Printer and Print queues; Network management including configuring and trouble-shooting DCE/DFS, NFS, TCP/IP, DNS/NIS, Token-Ring adapter.
- Other major work was with installation, configuration, upgrade of AIX systems including applying patch set. Attaching, configuring and tweaking physical disks and other SCSI devices, and creating, managing and troubleshooting Volume Group, Physical Volume, Logical Volumes, File Systems; Setting up backup and restore procedures using AIX backup utilities like mksysb, sysback, and using it to recover lost data when media corruption/failures occurred, and / or create bootable tape.
- AIX Performance management including fine tuning memory and swap space, process management and CPU utilization, network and I/O bottleneck and identifying various resource contentions.
- System programming using UNIX Shell, Perl and C to automate redundant tasks and providing script for backup and collecting system data and generating reports to use in performance tuning.
- Generated various graphical picture of complete AIX/RS6000 system using AIX VSM tool to show how any remote AIX system is setup and configured, with all its internal and external hardware devices and its device driver including VG, LV, PV, Filesystem, and used it to better understand and trouble-shoot.
Database & Systems Administrator
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
- Database Administration and Design of corporate databases (Oracle 7.x), and with AIX UNIX System Administration for computing complexes, including IBM RS/6000 (350, 39H, 59H, J40, G40, F50, 43P) (AIX 3.2.5, 4.1).
- Other Hardware/Software Technical Administration included WWW server with ISS load balancing on RS6000 F50s, Firewall system on RS6000 39H, Media Server on RS6000 59H running ADSM with attached devices (8mm, 4mm, Tape library, QIC, 9-track, 3480 cartridge, CD recorder, Optical drive), SUN (Solaris), Digital VAX (VMS), AT&T Voice Response Unit (SCO Unix) and Xerox Systems, all integrated on multi-protocol communication network running Novell, TCP/IP, ATM.
- Creation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of VG, PV, LV and Filesystem.
- Porting data and various applications written in C, C++ and Java from the SUN (Solaris), HP-UX, VMS, SCO Unix and Mainframe to AIX systems, including data conversion and load via 9-track tape.
- Setting up and strategizing AIX backup and recovery using AIX backup utilities like mksysb, savevg, and sysback and to allow for complete and or partial recovery of data, including creation of bootable tape.
- Interfaced various media devices (8mm, 4mm, Tape library, QIC, 9-track, 3480 cartridge, CD recorder, Optical drive) to RS6000 59H using AIX and ADSTAR ADSM, to create a Media Server to allow centralized backup and restore option of all the corporate data including the Novell Servers.
- AIX User Administration including creating user, groups, auditing usage and user space management.
- Installing, upgrading and trouble-shooting of AIX System itself, and also various software / compilers on the AIX system like Oracle 7.x, SAS, Syncsort, JAVA, C/C++ compilers and various user tools.
- RS6000 hardware and device administration included installation, configuration and trouble-shooting Memory, CPUs, SCSI, SSA disks, Tape drives, Juke Box, Modem arrays, Printers / Print queues.
- System performances tuning and monitoring using Unix utilities and ECO tools; Collected system data regularly and used it for system stress testing, benchmarking and capacity planning for future growth.
- Other duties included system-wide security; Monitoring daily databases and system activity with self-written UNIX shell scripts and ECO-tools, System programming with Unix shell, Perl, C, and TCP/IP network management.