- Provide more 20+ years of experience in database administration, production support, design, development and implementation using MS SQL Server and Oracle technologies, as well as PostgreSQL and MongoDB ( NoSQL) running on Linux.
- Expert skills in HA and DR solutions with log shipping, replication, failover clustering, always On.
- Experience with PostgreSQL replication, streaming backup, pgAdmin tool and barman backups;
- Experience support SQL Server, MongoDB and PostgreSQL running in AWS EC2 cloud
- Extensive knowledge of Database Administration and Data Modeling.
- Expert level skills in Configuring & Installation of Server, Devices and Database Objects Creation, Database security, Index Maintenance, Data Migration, Backup/Recovery, Performance Tuning.
- Database development T - SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, and cursors.
- Efficient people interaction skills and an effective team player.
Databases: MS SQL Server 6.5/7/2000/2005/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016/2017 , Oracle 9i/10g/11gR1/11gR2/12C
MongoDB 2.7 ~ 3.7: PostgreSQL 10/11
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux
Backup Tools: Rubrik, Red Gate SQL Backup, NetApp SMSQL, RMAN, Barman
HA: VERITAS Cluster Services, MS Failover Cluster Services, Always On
Scripting: T-SQL, PL/SQL, POWERSHELL, Terraform, PowerShell, Visual Basic, ASP, HTML, C, FORTRAN
Monitoring: AppDynamic, Solarwinds, SQL Stripes, SQL Spotlight, Idera for SQL Server
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Join rotate 24X7 on calls, monitor all database servers by using AppDynamics and Solarwinds;
- Provision SQL Server instance and PostgreSQL in AWS EC2 by using Terraform code and Jenkins job;
- Review the release SQL codes and help DEV / QA team for performance tuning issues ;
- Plan and migrate SQL Server instances from private data center to AWS;
- Support QMS running on Oracle 10g / 12C;
- Support Encompass MongoDB running on Linux CentOS ;
- Support more than 200 SQL Server instances running on SQL 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016;
- Implemented NetApp SMSQL on all Production database servers replacing Red Gate Backup.
- Support ETL SSIS packages from OLTP to OLAP system;
- Support SSRS administration for DW team;
- Setup snapshot replication from production box to reporting server.
- Setup database mirroring between primary data center and DR data centers.
- Setup hot standby servers by using Microsoft log shipping;
- Install two nodes Microsoft SQL Server 2008 failover cluster on Windows 2008 R2 server;
- Install and manger SQL Server 2005 instances on 8 nodes VCS ( VERITAS active/active clustering system ) ;
- Moving all production databases from LA data center to Chicago data center.
- Install and configuring SQL Server 2008 Reporting services.
- Upgrading database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Converting existing DTS packages into SSIS packages in SQL Server 2005.
- Consolidating multiple SQL Server instances into one generic instance onto VMware vitual server.
- Building 6 nodes Active/Active Veritas Cluster system onto Net App SAN storage system.
- Setting up monitoring system by installing Quest Spotlight for SQL Server Enterprise Edition.
- Setup standby servers on local and remote data center by using log shipping.
- Support developer team with all database related issues including tunning, and release codes between DEV, QA and PROD databse instances.
- Support QMS system running on Oracle 10G instance
- Backup and recovery Oracle instances using RMAN ;
- Backup and recovery PostgreSQL instances using BARMAN ;
Confidential, Dublin, CA
SQL Server Production DBA
- Join rotate 24X7 on calls, monitor all database servers by using quest spotlight, support and maintain about 50 database servers running different applications including data warehouse.
- Implemented a security auditing project, created autostart SQL Trace in SQL Server for both version 7 and 2000 by using Extended Stored Procedures and sp trace, it will capture all users who connect to SQL Server, and all captured data will transferred to central server automatically by a couple of scheduled DTS packages.
- Upgrading database from SQL Server 6.5 on NT 4 to SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 by using Upgrade Wizard, re-created the indexes, updated the statistics, fix the logins.
- Using DTS transfer data between SQL server and Oracle; Writing DTS packages to migriate database from SQL Server version 7 to version 2000, including all jobs,logins and DTS packages;
- Using BMC SQL-BackTrack to backup database to IBM Tivoli Storage, and to refresh data from production database to development databases periodically.
- Manage all database related issues including installing, tuning, backup and restore, setting up replication, log shipping and active/passive clustering system;Manage SQL Server security, patch administration, memory and space management, and data integrity checking for existing databases.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Data Modeling, Data Integridty and Logical Design (database Entities, Attributes and Relationships ) by using Erwin3.5.2 for both MS SQL Server 2000, MSDE and Oracle 8i;
- Author complex stored procedures, triggers and T-SQL/PL SQL statements, like calling OS utility (.ExEs) and (.DLLs) within stored procedures by using OLE automation, write distributed queries by using Linked Servers and MSDTC, etc.
- Created ROLAP Data Mart for CDR Repots system, Scrubbing and extracting data from OLTP to OLAP system by utilizing DTS packages;
- Using DTS transfer data between SQL server and Oracle; Writing DTS packages for data migration between development and production databases, and version upgrade between our database server and clients database servers;
- Use Oracle 8i Export and Import, and SQL * Loader to perform logical backup and data transfer. Perform hot, cold backup and recovery, check alert and trace files to spot problems.
- Migrate the production database servers from SQL Server 7 on NT 4 with log shipping setting up by using MS BackOffice 4.5 Resource Kit to SQL Server 2000 running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and MSCS with two-node active/passive clustering (DELL PowerEdge 6350 + PowerVault200S);
- Performance tuning and monitoring by using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor and Lumigent Log Explorer, sizing and capacity planning, and physical implement databases in a SQL Server 7.0/2000 and Oracle 8i environment;
- Manage all database related issues including installing, tuning, backup and restore, setting up replication, log shipping and active/passive clustering system, and responsible for daily maintenances for all 7x24 production servers including database and transaction log backup by using SQLZIP, and setting up Agent Jobs, Tasks and Alerts by using SQLAgentMail and SQL Mail, setting up user logins and other security issues by using Enterprise Manager; and very Strong experience with osql, bcp, Profiler and Performance Monitor.
- Manage SQL Server security, patch administration, memory and space management, and data integrity checking for existing databases.
- Create and maintain database reports by using Seagate Crystal Report 8.0;
- Designed and implemented the middle-tier MTS ( Microsoft Transaction Server)/COM+ components (both DLLs and EXEs) by using Visual Basic 6 which responsible for communication between database server and other system servers such as web server and MCU server;
Confidential, Coral Gables, FL
- Responsible for Data Modeling, Data Integridty and Logical Design by using Erwin for MS SQL Server 6.5;
- Performance tuning and maintenances work of all database servers including set up daily backups;
- Open user account, assign roles and handle other related security issues;
- Write related Stored procedures, views to retrieve, delete, update and insert data and triggers to enforce referential integrity;
- Using BCP for data migration and version upgrade between development and production databases;
- Design user interface and middle-tier ActiveX components (.DLLs) by using Visual Basic 5.0 and managed by MTS;
- Create and maintain database reports by using Seagate Crystal Report 6.0.;