- Over 7+ years of professional experience as Oracle DBA.
- Worked extensively on Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i, and 8i versions.
- Performed database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, migration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, and cloning on the above said versions.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, 8i databases, Standby Databases (Active Data Guard) for High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Reporting purpose on operating systems UNIX( Sun Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX), LINUX (Red Hat, OEL).
- Worked as a team member to provide 24x7 on call production database support.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL codes.
- Hands-on experience in Oracle 11g RAC/10g RAC implementation & administration.
- Hands-on experience with RAC Cluster ware configuration and patching, RAC Backup and Recovery.
- Experienced in Grid installation.
- Expertise in Hot/Cold Backups and Cloning of Databases.
- Proficient in using Flashback Technology, Log Miner, Automatic Storage Manager (ASM) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Manager (ADDM).
- Expertise in database space management, memory tuning, and application tuning.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Extensive experience in Data guard configuration, implementing and maintaining standby databases.
- Expertise in performing database refreshes usingExport and Import utilities (exp/imp) at all level. Performed the same using Data Pump Export and Import utilities (expdp/impdp) in 10g & 11g versions.
- Hands-on experience in Grid control, Streams, and Golden Gate.
- Used Cron jobs to automate many DBA tasks.
- Proficient in raising Service Request (SR) with Oracle Support and using Metalink to resolve the bottlenecks in the database environments.
- Extensively used Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to do the daily tasks regarding performance and maintenance.
- Good experience in Patching and Upgradation.
- Expertise in upgrading Oracle development and production databases from 9i to 10g&11g.
- Performance monitoring and tuning using SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM to improve the performance.
- Monitor CPU usage, I/O contention, memory paging and identify the resource and performance bottleneck.Storage Management Managing Space, Table spaces, Segments and Extents, Rollback Segments.
- Create database maintenance plans, including updating statistics, re indexing, structure modifications, Capacity plans, and index analysis.
- Hands-on experience in implementing enterprise databases on enterprise storage solutions using Storage Area Networks (SAN) / Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Experience in database cloning with RMAN and patch management.
- Hands-on experience in capacity planning.
- Performed point-in-time recovery whenever needed.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Expertise in co-ordination and communication with system administrators, business data analysts, and development teams.
Database : Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i.
Operating Systems : Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) 5.x, Sun Solaris 5.8/5.9/5.10, AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP/2003.
Technologies : Oracle Enterprise Manager(OEM), OEM Grid Control, DatapumpImport/Export, RMAN, SQL Loader, Log Miner, VERITAS Net Backup, Erwin Data Modeller, Data Stage.
Tools and Utilities : PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Stored Procedures, Triggers, UNIX Shell Scripting, TKPROF, STATSPACK, DBMS_SCHEDULER, Toad, VMware, Win SCP, Putty, Golden Gate.
Bachelor of Technology.
Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate (OCA)
Client: Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ Mar '10 - Present
- 24x7 Production database administration and support.
- Installed and Configured Oracle 11g RAC databases, Standby Databases (Active Data Guard) for High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Reporting purpose.
- Created, upgraded, and cloned Oracle databases for Development and testing databases.
- Performed administrative maintenance, monitoring on Oracle database systems in a global 24x7 operational environment.
- Restoration and Recovery of databases during critical failures.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Tested database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Implemented Oracle database backup & recovery solutions using RMAN as well as conventional backup methods.
- Extensive use of Oracle Data pump Exports/Imports utility for moving data among the servers.
- Created user accounts, roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the users based on the applications they are accessing.
- Responsible for configuring and backing up database using RMAN (Incremental Backups), Conventional Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups.
- Worked with Data pump to take the logical backups of databases.
- Performed automated backups and scheduling using scripting.
- Written PL/SQL Stored Procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Developing UNIX shell scripts and SQL scripts to carry out routine checks on databases.
- Performed point-in-time recovery.
- Performed large batch jobs, and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Capacity planning and benchmarking
- Configured and implemented Golden Gate Replication
- Responsible for migration of databases.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for disaster recovery.
- Achieved High Availability, Data protection and Maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Involved in designing logical and physical data models using Erwin.
- Created indexes to facilitate optimal performance.
- Involved in gathering requirements from end users.
- Clear documentation was prepared on all the processes like program specification, bug fixing, logs,& change requests for future reference.
- Estimate growth of database size by detail analysis of the company's future policies and generating reports for the management to act in advance.
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, Red Hat Linux, HP-UX, Windows 2000/2003, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Data Guard, Grid Control/Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), RMAN, ASM, Golden Gate, STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, TOAD, ERWIN, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, Post Gre SQL, SQL*Loader.
Confidential, Richmond, VA Jan'09 - Feb'10
- 24x7 on-call production database support.
- Primarily responsible for production support. To keep all databases up and running in production.
- Responsible for Oracle 9i/10g/11g logical and physical databases design, implementation and maintenance.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of 10g RAC/11g RAC environment.
- Upgraded Oracle 9i, 10g databases to 11g.
- Performed extensive tuning / troubleshooting of databases for optimal performance. Tuning the application SQL / lock contention / index usage etc., Monitor object growth and modify segment storage for better performance.
- Applied patches.
- Developed strategies for optimal backup and restores procedures.
- Managed and resolved design issues.
- Implemented RAC and Physical Standby databases for High availability and disaster recovery.
- Implemented and monitored RMAN backup scripts on regular basis for successful backup.
- Involved in DatabasePerformance tuning and analyzing Stats pack/AWR reports on regular basis to resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Partitioned large tables, created global portioned indexes for manageability and performance improvement.
- Created primary database storage structures (table spaces), altering, and modifying the database structure according to the business requirement as necessary.
- Developing SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, functions, triggers and views.
- Created and managed users, roles and profiles, implementing security, granting roles and privileges etc.
- Planning and implementing Backup and Recovery procedures(Conventional Cold & Hot Backups, and RMAN Backups), scheduling daily backups and performed periodic recovery tests.
- Replication using Streams and Golden Gate.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts to automate database cloning, backups and database monitoring.
- Performance monitoring and tuning using Explain Plan, STATS PACK, AWR, ADDM, and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Helped developers to install Oracle Client, troubleshoot and establish the connection to Oracle database through ODBC, JDBC.
Environment: Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, Red Hat Linux, RMAN, ASM, Golden Gate, Data Guard, Grid Control/OEM
Confidential, Overland Park, KS Oct '07 - Dec'08
- 24x7 on-call production database support.
- Provided primary administrative support for Oracle9i/10g/11g databases in LINUX/UNIX and NT environments.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of 10g/11g RAC environment.
- Created, upgraded, and cloned Oracle databases for Development and testing databases.
- Worked on Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
- Performed backups and recoveries using RMAN conventional hot backups.
- Created and Maintained database stored procedures, database triggers, and user-defined functions.
- Performance monitoring and tuning using OEM Grid Control, SQL Trace, Explain Plan, STATS PACK, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM).
- Performed export imports using exp/imp, Data Pump.
- Performed Data loads using SQL Loader.
- Tuning Query performance by creating indexes.
- Monitoring, sizing and tuning undo segments by creating multiple undo table spaces.
- Database Maintenance and clearing of deadlocks, cleaning of database logs, Re-indexing, Table space monitoring, database objects monitoring.
- Optimization of various initialization parameters, batch processes with Tkprof, SQL Trace and explain plan.
- Analyzing table spaces and removing row-chaining and row migration in table spaces.
- Designing and developing packages in the database layer, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Applied latest patches as per evaluation requirement.
- Designing Tables, Constraints, Views, and Indexes etc. in coordination with the application development team.
- Estimating the space requirements for database growth for future making availability of hardware to support the processes.
- Developing, Implementing and administering database policies and procedures.
- Created users, roles and granted privileges according to the business requirements.
- Proactive monitoring of Oracle Database & Applications, which include Space management, Standard services availability check, quickly identify and resolve database and application level errors.
- Assisted application development team with database design and support.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, SQL Server 2000, Grid Control/OEM, VERITAS Net Backup, RMAN, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows 2000.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India Aug '05-Sept '07
- Involved in production support activities 24x7 during on call and resolved database issues.
- Created materialized views, table partition for tuned databases.
- Created, re-built, and maintained indexes.
- Used Triggers for database activities like delete, update.
- Backup script creation and standardization.
- Involved in user creation and user access control.
- Involved in schema creation and management.
- Maintained the RMAN repository and customized recovery catalog.
- Customized Data Guard as a tool for disaster planning and implementation.
- Created Logical and Physical standby Databases to ascertain high availability of database during system crashes.
- Performed database installation and upgradation.
- Implemented Oracle security features and audit mechanisms for fine grained access control.
- Performed database tuning for daily loads and slow response issues.
- Used STATSPACK, PERFSTAT, TKPROF utilities for tuning and analysis.
- Involved in session management and monitored the critical wait events in the database.
- Involved in query optimization using rule based optimizers and cost based optimizers.
- Used SQL* Loader for data import from remote databases.
- Written the control files in SQL*Loader to load the files in database tables.
Environment: Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, SQL*Loader, DataPump, GridControl/OEM, Veritas Net Backup, RMAN, RedHat Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows 2000.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India Jul'04-Jul'05
Jr. Oracle DBA/Developer
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g/9i/8i databases.
- Created database and location of initial data files, redo log files, control files and multiplexing them, and editing database initialization parameter files.
- Designed and implemented backup and recovery strategies.
- Tuned application SQL using STATSPACK, SQL Trace and TKPROF.
- Optimized and fine-tuned the database by planning storage requirements, building indexes and altering storage clauses for tables and indexes.
- Created users and assigned roles, privileges, and profiles to them.
- Maintained data integrity, profiles, resources, and password security.
- Used direct path loading via SQL*Loader, SQL INSERT statement, CREATE TABLE.
- Co-ordinated with developers and users connecting to different databases, setting policy and procedures as they relate to database maintenance, security, backup & recovery, SQL coding guidelines.
- Designing and creating schema objects like Database tables, indexes, views, synonyms and all schema objects in Oracle.
- Performed daily, weekly and monthly Oracle monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Co-ordinated backup and recovery operations over all databases and ensured complete restore and recovery.
- Provided production support on various databases and resolved production issues proactively.
- Troubleshooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, instance, memory, and operating system.
- Involved in data conversion from legacy systems into oracle databases.
- PL/SQL procedures are scheduled using Oracle job scheduler.
- Worked with non-technical team members, assessing their requirements and preparing functional and technical specifications.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, SQL*Loader, DataPump, GridControl/OEM, RMAN, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX, Windows.