Certified Oracle professional with 11-year intensive experience of Oracle Database administration, analysis, design, tuning, implementation, upgrading, backup/recovery and maintenance of applications developed for Oracle 10g, 9i, 8i, 8.x/7.x on a variety of platforms. 9 years of PeopleSoft experience with insurance, telecommunication and pharmaceutical industries. Expertise in supporting production databases and applications on a '24x7' basis. Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.Key Technical Skills
- Databases: Oracle Database Enterprise Edition version V11g, V10g, V9i, V8i, V8.x and V7.x, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access 7.0 and Excel 2003.
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, Visual Basic, COBOL, COBOL II, Microfocus COBOL, CICS, Mainframe Express, DB2, and JCL.
- Operating Systems: UNIX (IBM AIX 5.3 & Sun Solaris V8), DOS, Windows
- Applications: PeopleSoft 7, 8, ADP Enterprise HR Management System, Informatica 8.6, Clarity, VERITAS, ERWin, MS Access, TSO/ISPF, MVS/JCL, TELON, CICS.
Oracle DBA, Confidential, Valley Forge, PA 2002 to present
- Responsible (as the sole Oracle DBA) for HR Management System of the whole company.
- Independently set up, maintained and provided full technical support for the entire ADP Enterprise HR Management System (ADP HRMS is based on PeopleSoft HR application, which consists of Oracle databases, Application servers, Process schedulers and Communication servers for ADP HRMS application.
- Created and maintained physical standby database for production database in disaster recovery site by using Oracle DataGuard on AIX UNIX platform.
- Performed yearly DR test by switchover/failover primary and standby database.
- Ensured documentations are complete and up-to-date for database maintenance tasks and special procedures.
- Installed and patched Oracle 11g, 10g and 9i Database software on AIX Unix/Sun Solaris O/S.
- Upgraded databases from Oracle 9i to 10g.
- Installed and configured 10g Grid Control software, Agent software on AIX UNIX to monitor, tune and manage all databases.
- Created RMAN backup and recovery scripts.
- Performed daily logical and physical backup as well as complete and incomplete recovery using the backups.
- Worked closely with system administrator to set up daily backup procedures using Varitas backup utilities and Oracle RMAN; created corresponding catalog database for RMAN.
- Created database for MicroStrategy application. Loaded data into Microstrategy database by using Informatica ETL tool.
- Reorganized entire production databases on a regular basis.
- Developed statistics collecting strategy for production database monitoring and validated object structure to ensure database performance and data availability.
- Worked closely with developers and testers to optimize programming codes.
- Troubleshot error messages for database and application errors.
- Developed, tested and enhanced scripts to automate database maintenance tasks.
- Created triggers and procedures which can automatically send e-mail from Oracle database when some special events occur.
- Created batch files to automatically stop, restart Oracle Intelligent Agent, ADP application server and process scheduler.
- Refreshed non-production database from production database periodically.
- Created special functions and profiles for various user accounts to control their password changing policy to meet SOX compliant requirement.
Oracle DBA, Confidential, Bedminster, NJ 2000 to 2002
- Responsible for maintenance, support, and tuning of Oracle databases for the entire company on a 24/7 basis.
- Performed database administration and daily logical and physical backup in NT, Unix and PeopleSoft (Finance, HRMS) environments.
- Upgraded Oracle 8.0.5 database to 8i, and applied patches to Oracle 8i (8.1.7) on Windows 2000 and Unix (Solaris 7) platform.
- Used extensively VERITAS backup, restore and recovery database.
- Created Oracle database disaster recovery plan for the company and performed complete and incomplete database recovery.
- Installed and configured Oracle databases, PeopleSoft application, its application server and process scheduler (3-tier).
- Upgraded PeopleSoft application (Finance) using PeopleSoft upgrade utility, data mover, etc.
- Refreshed development and test database from production database whenever needed.
- Created and maintained SQL Server 7 database and set up its daily backup.
- Created tables, indexes, views and database links in Oracle 7, 8 and 8i database.
Oracle DBA (Consultant), Confidential, Somerset, NJ 1999 to 2000
- Designed (use ERWin 3.5.2) database and created Oracle databases for two e-commerce web sites (Confidential) in Windows NT and Unix platform for clients J&J and Colgate- Palmolive.
- Created tables, views, indexes, triggers, and sequences in Oracle 8 database.
- Installed Oracle 8i on server and client machines, user set up and data loading by using SQL*Loader.
- Maintained Oracle databases for a major development project in Window NT and Sun Solaris environments.
- Created database on NT and UNIX.
- Utilized Tuning Ratios to measure database performance.
- Utilized Optimizer to measure database performance.
- Performed adjusting SGA to improve performance.
Programmer Analyst, Confidential, Warren, NJ 1997 – 1999
- Maintained and modified various commercial programs.
- Coded COBOL, COBOL II, DB2 and Visual Basic application programs and JCL.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Certificate in Computer Programming.
- M.S., Chemical Engineering.
- Oracle 7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, Oracle 10g Implement and Administer a Data Warehouse training and certifications.
- PeopleSoft Tools I, PeopleSoft Management and Configuration, PeopleSoft Database Upgrade, Oracle DBA for PeopleSoft.
- C, Cobol, Cobol II, CICS, DB2 and Visual Basic.
- Solaris 2.6 UNIX and Solaris 7 administration training.
- ADP Enterprise HRMS Basic Tools I, II, System Security Administrators.
- Informatica PowerCenter 8 (ETL tool) training.