Sr. Oracle Dba Resume
- Database Administrator with 7+ years of experience in installation and administration of Oracle databases (8i/9i/10g/11g), backup and recovery, performance tuning, performance monitoring, schema maintenance in platforms include Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, LINUX and Windows 2000/NT.
- Expertise in logical backups, Hot/Cold Backup, RMAN Backups, Recovery and Cloning of databases.
- Implemented RMAN for backups and Point-In-Time Recovery strategy.
- Experience in Configuring RMAN with Catalog for Differential, compressed Backup and Recovery.
- Expertise in data transfer using Export/Import using command line as well as in interactive mode and through Data pump.
- Experienced in features like Database Replay, Log Miner and Flashback data Archive, Schema Management, Data guard and RMAN in Oracle 11g.
- Implemented Database cloning to disaster recovery database using physical standby database.
- Successfully installed, configured and supported Golden Gate & Streams Replication.
- Experience in configuring Data guard 10g R2 for physical standby databases.
- Configured and implemented physical standby database for switch over and failover operations on 11g using Active Data guard.
- Successfully configured and implemented Physical Standby Database using Oracle DATAGUARD feature for High availability configuration and reporting.
- Experience in Performance Tuning (I/O, Memory & SQL Tuning etc) by using tools/utilities by Automated Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM), Explain Plan, Auto trace, TKPROF and Stats pack.
- Extensive experience on Partitioning
- Extensively used Oracle Enterprise Manager-Database Control, 10G Grid Control for monitoring and tuning the databases.
- Expertise in upgrading and migrating of oracle database to higher version
- Cross Platform Upgrades/Migration of Databases from Oracle 8i to 9i, 9i to 10g and 10g to 11g.
- Extensively used SQL*Loader and External Tables to load data from flat file to oracle server.
- Used SQL Access Advisor, SQL Tuning advisor, Segment Advisor.
- Experience in Data transfer between SQL Server and Oracle.
- Extensively used Advance Replication (Oracle Streams) of oracle databases for high availability.
- Installations and Configuration of 10g/11g RAC with ASM and VCFS.
- Converted single instance databases to multi node RAC environment for high availability and load balancing.
- Extensively worked on Oracle10g/11g Real Application Clusters (RAC) environment on different nodes with Automatic Storage Management (ASM) to support large volume.
- Specialized in tuning on RAC databases and monitoring for high availability.
- Experience on 11gR2 RAC new feature SCAN.
- Experienced in utilizing Golden Gate replication technology for ORACLE Upgrades.
- Expertise in using Golden Gate to support data replication in the Oracle database environment.
- Expert in writing Unix shell scripts and assigning cron jobs for day to day activities.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL, PL/SQL packages, functions, stored procedures, triggers
- Responsible for working on database design and data requirement analysis using ERWIN data modeler and Toad for Data Analysts.
- Worked in database design, logical and physical modeling of the database using CASE tools like ERWIN, and normalization/de-normalization of database tables and object sizing.
- Excellent experience in OLTP/DSS database systems, implementing and managing large Oracle databases.
- Load data from OLTP systems into data warehouse databases.
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing Oracle 9i,10g RAC and 11g RAC environments using the OEM Grid Control tools.
- Extensively used Oracle support and Metal ink to troubleshoot the problems and issues.
HP-UX 10x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 8,9,10, IBM AIX 5.1,5.2,5.3, 6.1, 7.1, RedHat Linux 4.x,5.x,6.x, Windows 2000/2003/Vista/XP, Windows 7,
Oracle 11g RAC/10g RAC/9i/8i, Microsoft SQL Server 2005,2008
SQL Navigator, SQL*Loader, Sql*Plus,10g OEM/Grid Control, RMAN, DBCA, DBUA, Data Pump, Toad, Data guard, Export / Import, TKPROF, Stats pack.
Shell Scripting Korn & Bourne
TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR / ADDM / ASH.
OEM/Grid Control, TOAD, SQL Developer, Putty, SQL*PLUS, ERWIN, SQL- Navigator, ERWIN, Golden Gate, Streams,
SQL, PL/SQL, C,C++,UNIX Shell Scripting, XML,HTML., Data modeling, Erwin, Apache Tomcat, Java
EMC, NetApp, Veritas NetBackup, TSM, HP Data Protector
Bachelor of Commerce, Visakhapatnam, India.
Confidential, Tampa, FL April 2010 - Present
Sr. Oracle DBA
- 24x7 Database Administration Support
- Installing and configuring several Oracle 10g, 11g databases on Linux and Unix platforms.
- Responsible for installing and configuring Golden Gate.
- Responsible for upgrading Golden Gate.
- Installed and implemented 10gR2/11gR2 RAC.
- Performed Import and Export using Oracle Data Pump.
- Upgrade/Migrated the production and development databases from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g.
- Upgraded RAC databases from 10gR2 to 11gR2.
- Written shell scripts for backups, cloning of databases.
- Applying Patches, Patch sets, CPU updates where ever necessary.
- Enabled client applications to automatically reconnect to the database if the connection fails using TAF (Transparent Application Failover).
- Setup FAN mechanism in Oracle RAC to quickly alert applications about configuration and workload service level changes.
- Setting up and monitoring the Data Guard for Production servers.
- Working Closely with System administrators, developers, technology Stack team and Server Tech team
- Configuring TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA for SQL* NET connectivity
- Writing of UNIX shell scripts to manage the health of database proactively.
- Performed SQL tuning, System tuning, Database and Instance tuning by root cause analysis.
- Data partitioning & tuning queries on large Oracle RAC databases.
- Monitoring the instance statistics and tuning the database to improve performance.
- Use of tools like OEM, STATSPACK, TKPROF, SQL Trace, Explain Plan, AWR and ADDM reports to proactively monitor performance.
- Backup procedures using RMAN.
- Recovery of Database using RMAN (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
- Performed full and incremental backups using RMAN.
- Monitoring experience includes Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Establish standards, policies, and procedures for Golden Gate replication administration.
- Performed Golden Gate replication monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10gR2 RAC/11gR2 RAC, RedHat Linux, HP - UX, IBM AIX, SUN SOLARIS, WINDOWS, OEM/Grid Control, RMAN, ASM, DataPump, SQL*Loader, GoldenGate, Oracle Streams, ERWIN
Confidential, San Francisco, CA January 2009 - March 2010
- 24x7 Database Administration Support
- Supporting both production and development Database activities.
- Creating databases for Testing, Development and Production.
- Performed database cloning to setup test, development database and Disaster Recovery Database using Physical Standby.
- Performance tuning for optimized results using tools EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE AND TKPROF, STATSPACK.,AWR, ADDM
- Migration of Database from HP-UX to AIX
- Upgraded databases from Oracle 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g
- Performing SQL*Loader jobs for data loading.
- Data refresh from production to test and development.
- Configured and installed oracle 10g Data guard for Physical standby Databases on Linux.
- Implemented Data Guard, Standby, and Oracle Streams technologies in mission critical systems and configured Switch over and Failovers with Physical standby database on Linux environments.
- Performed RMAN Backups and Conventional Hot/Cold backups, logical Backups.
- Worked on recovering data files, table spaces, control files, block corruption etc.
- Implement "Stored Procedures, Packages, Functions and Triggers" based on business requirements using PL/SQL
- Responsible for optimizing the queries and application tuning. Perform SQL tuning and assist developers with PL/SQL coding.
- Installed, configured and performed the maintenance of SQL Server.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Databases.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning system resources associated with the database performance, hit ratios, I/O, lock, and latch contention.
- Implemented Active DATAGUARD (Standby) for high availability/disaster recovery purpose.
- Taking periodic Backup of the Database and the software using RMAN and VERITAS.
- Written shell scripts for digitization the process.
- Hands on experience in java database connectivity (JDBC) with oracle thin driver.
- Scheduling jobs through Oracle Job Scheduler.
- SQL Tunings for Performance of Objects and providing support to end users.
- OS level activities like space monitoring of Mount point.
- Using ERWIN for Creating and managing the logical and physical Data Models.
- Working with system administrator to monitor CPU usage, I/O contention, memory paging on UNIX server. Identify resource and performance bottleneck.
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
Environment: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g RAC, Oracle Data Guard, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, HP-UX, WINDOWS, RMAN, ASM, SQL*Loader, DataPump, Oracle Streams
Confidential,Wayne, NJ March 2007 - December 2008
- Creating and installation of Databases 10g on AIX server.
- Worked on Very large Databases (VLDB) up to 6TB in size.
- Actively involved in strategic Backup, Restore and Recovery using RMAN for complete recoverability.
- Performed Import and Export using Oracle Data pump utilities EXPDP and IMPDP.
- Installation, Configure, setup of 10g RAC and add new nodes to RAC 10g Cluster to distribute the load.
- Used Flashback Technology-Query, Table, Drop and Database to undo specific transactions, provided point-in-time recovery of database objects, recovered database objects and 'rewind' entire database to a particular time respectively.
- Optimized data loading using SQL*Loader to load different types of data from flat files to the Oracle server.
- Worked on Oracle Streams by managing Oracle environment, either by creating a new user with the appropriate privileges or grant these privileges to an existing user.
- Coordinated with .Net programmers and SQL Server developers to design the flow of operations to ensure proper synchronization between the database and the front end in both connected and disconnected modes.
- Supported offshore setup of Oracle10g with Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Created and maintained all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- SQL tuning using SQL Trace and TKPROF, explain plan and SQL Analyze.
- AdministeringORACLE Databases 10g, 10g RAC & Upgrade database 10.1 to 10.2 and applied patch set 10.2.0.3 to multiple databases.
- Worked as part of a team and provided 24/7 support when required.
- Established and maintained sound backup recovery and procedures.
- Administrated all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, packages and procedures.
- Configuring Data guard 10g R2 for physical standby database.
- Managing data guard configuration using DGMGRL tool.
- Designed backup and recovery procedures for OLTP system.
- Created and managed both system level and object level roles and privileges for various users. Killing sessions and revoking user privileges and roles.
- Implementing range, list partitions, hash sub partitions.
- Involved in the Analysis, Logical Data modeling and Physical Database Objects creation like Business Transaction Tables, Indexes, Constraint, Materialized Views, and Partitions.
- Creating and refreshing materialized views.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Solaris, AIX, OEM, RMAN, ASM, DataPump, SQL*Loader
Confidential, Hyderabad, India September 2005 - February 2007
- Involved in the maintenance of the Oracle 8i/9i databases
- Perform Space Management & Troubleshooting the database issues.
- Developed backup and recovery strategies for Oracle Server databases.
- Handled database migration from Solaris to Linux
- Worked on monitoring and optimizing the database by performance tuning.
- Monitored indexes and analyzed their status for performance tuning and query optimization.
- Involved in Documentation of the Database.
- Responsible for taking logical backups of data using exp, Imp, exude and impdp.
- Responsible for taking HOT and COLD backups of the databases and also the individual table spaces.
- Experience in Backup & Recovery techniques using RMAN and conducted disaster recovery drills.
- Responsible for partitions on tables and indexes for managing large tables.
- Used STATSPACK for Database Monitoring and Database Performance.
- Tuning the SGA, Buffer Cache, Rollback Segments, Redo Mechanisms, Monitoring and Detecting Locks.
- Maintenance & modification of Shell Scripts.
- Extensive use of Scheduler in Windows and Crontab in UNIX environment for scheduling routine tasks.
- Creating Stored Program Units in the Form of Packages, Functions, Triggers and Procedures for implementing the database intensive business rules.
- Optimization and enhancement of existing procedures and SQL statements for better performance.
- Involved in the logical and physical design of the database tables.
- Killing sessions requested by users and/or jobs running much longer than expected time.
- Manage and resolve design issues during development
- Extensive use of Explain Plan, TKPROF and Stats pack for Query tuning and performance Optimization.
- Used PL/SQL table to avoid mutating problem in database trigger.
- Upgrading and Patching of the Oracle software.
- Providing backend support to junior developers for stored procedures and functions, reporting, SQL query tuning and optimization, performance monitoring, resource usage and profiles.
- Coding stored procedures, Packages and functions and well tuning the SQL in the application.
- Writing SQL*Loader scripts to load the external files into the Oracle Database.
- Using SQL Loader for populating static tables and fact tables.
- Using EXPORT/IMPORT for table level and full database de-fragmentation.
- Using the Crontab in UNIX and Scheduler in windows for Automatic Tasks (Analyzing tables, loading into Tables, Imp/Exp).
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, AIX, SOLARIS, REDHAT LINUX, WINDOWS, OEM, RMAN, ASM, DataPump, SQL*Loader.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes