Highly skilled Oracle Developer and Oracle database administrator, with demonstrated success in various roles, consultant or staff employee. Highly adaptable to new situations, works well in diverse environments and can hit the ground running. Talented database designer, with an extensive history of solving complex database problems. Well versed in all aspects of a DBA development applications, procedures, and packages. Developed and implemented applications and database designs/redesigns that helped increase the bottom-line.
Additional Strengths and Competencies include:
♦ Project Management
♦ Oracle Enterprise Manager
♦ Oracle Development
♦ Oracle Warehouse Builder
♦ Data Warehouse Management
♦ SED, and AWK
- Designed and tested PL/SQL packages, functions, and procedures for DMMS, Instant Alerts, and Package Mover Application.
- Redesigned a 1.3 terra-byte data warehouse and implemented it in order to resolve performance problems. Included the creation of large and complex packages that were used as an Instead trigger.
- Created an AWK for capturing error messages for FTP and unzip errors in the DMS shell scripts.
- Resolved problems with the DMS shell scripts and made modifications that would make these scripts run faster.
- Tuned two complex queries from LCMI and reduced the elapsed run time by nearly 80%.
- Performance tuning for the Oracle system, databases, and for queries (reduced the query time from one hour to less than ten minutes for a query).
- Redesigned a large data warehouse and enhanced the performance by 30%. Included redesign of tables, triggers, replication processes, pinning, use of multiple buffer pools (Keep, Recycle, and Default buffer pools), and restructuring indexes.
Senior Oracle DBA
Confidential,Clearwater, FL 3/2008 – 5/2008
- Created procedures to drop old partitions from a table.
- Created PL/SQL trigger to update dates in a dependant table.
- Created a PL/SQL procedure to kill transactions during the ETL process.
- Supporting a 15 terra-byte data warehouse and assisting with the development of procedures to aid with ETL and resolve issues.
- Created triggers for the data warehouse tables and created a procedure to insure that the two account dimension tables were synchronized (two level dimension).
- Adding partitions to a number of tables
- Creating new partitions for numerous tables.
Senior Oracle DBA/Developer
Confidential,FL 10/2005 – 08/2006
- Managing a logistics system that utilized homegrown ETL procedures.
- Creating the standard and external tables and PL/SQL procedures for Item Apps in DMS and added entries in various DMS tables in order to automate the loading of these Item Apps tables.
- Creating RMAN backup processes on a Windows and Linux server for the Oracle Warehouse Builder database and for the Logistics database,
- Installing Oracle Warehouse Builder on two Windows servers and on a Linux server.
- Creating a set of performance statistics for the LCMI and DMS jobs and a comprehensive set of performance statistics for the database system.
- Utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager for DBA tasks and added databases to it.
Confidential,St. Petersburg, FL 02/2005 – 4/2005
- Designing and implementing a database and designing data load procedures for the data.
- Designing and implementing complex PL/SQL procedures for data scrubbing and data loading.
- Reviewing the system statistics for the databases.
Senior Oracle DBA/Developer
Confidential,Tampa, FL 04/2000 – 07/2003
- Designing, developing, and testing application systems, creating and testing Databases and database objects.
- Designing implementing and testing triggers, packages, and functions for numerous development projects.
- Project manager for the design/implementation of the DMMS system and the Co Project Manager for the design/implementation of the Instant Alerts system.
- Utilizing Toad and Oracle Enterprise Manager to tune SQL queries, to tune the Oracle database, and to manage table spaces.
- Utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager to create and update users, to create and update tablespaces, and monitor poorly performing queries.
- Developed and utilized a shell script to delete and create new partitions.
- Setting up backups for the current partition tablespaces and for all other tablespaces.
Confidential,Tampa, FL 03/1999 – 10/1999
- Planning and designing a data warehouse. Creating a preliminary star schema, creating tables, and loading data from the AS 400.
- Creating procedures to migrate data from the standard tables to the data warehouse tables.
- Designing and implementing a data warehouse.
- Creating a data warehouse design document outlining the steps for designing and implementing it.
Confidential,FL 03/1998 – 03/1999
- Migrated the Oracle objects and data and administered the databases used for Y2K testing. Provided technical assistance with the modification of triggers, procedures, functions, and packages.
- Migrated Oracle objects and created shell scripts on NT, HP-UX and AIX.
- Set up backup and ran these procedures.
MS - Major in Mathematics
BS - Major in Mathematics and a minor in Physics
Aug 2011 to till date
Confidential,Jersey City, NJ
The ANG Inquiry Management System (IMS) project was designed as the next generation servicing tool providing JPMC’s customers the functionality to initiate and manage inquiries, investigations and exception requests on originated and received items, reducing customer’s reliance on Customer Support/Solution Center or other means of inquiry initiation. IMS application enables the entire inquiry management workflow, including initiation, approval, communication, and resolution of inquiries. These inquiries may be initiated by external ANG customers or 3rd parties (system generated inquiries). The need for IMS project arose to replace eServe and Secure Email as the online initiation channel with the goal of reducing the number of inquiry requests submitted via Customer Support, Solution Center, fax and other means. Examples of SR’s are amendment; Ben claims non-receipt, Debit authorization, Wire Recall
QA environment: Quality Center 10.0
Project management tools: Excel, word, MSProject
Project Environment: Weblogic server, Java Messaging Services, Web Services environment, Windows XP, XML
Databases & Tools: Oracle sql developer
Browsers: I.E 6.0, I.E 7.0, I.E 8.0, Firefox, Safari
to Aug 12, 2011
Worked on multiple applications like Online Store, LMS, Myhome, Portal and Mstore
The Medtronic Online Store application is an extensible eCommerce Platform application that targets Medtronic Commercial Customers, Medtronic Clinical Administrators and subjects. Major features of store are product catalog, shopping cart, Favorites and Order History. Major functionalities include cash, insurance and mix order processing via store and GE centricity systems. Credit card and insurance processing is done in store and GE.
LMS site is developed to provide a user interface for SABA (learning management system). The patient, trainers and product devices like (Sensors and insulin pumps) information flows from the SAP systems to SABA and eventually is viewed by the patients using LMS. LMS facilitates patient trainings and certifications.
The PORTAL is used as a single sign on feature for all the patients to login to LMS, store, myHome and mstore applications
Mstore is the mobile version of the store application targeted for ipod 3g, 4g and iphone 4 users.
QA environment: Quality Center 9.0, JIRA
Project management tools: Excel, word, MSProject
Project Environment: Weblogic server, Java Messaging Services, Web Services environment, Windows XP, , SAP, XML
Databases & Tools: Oracle, Sqlserver, Oracle sql developer
Browsers: I.E 6.0, I.E 7.0, I.E 8.0
Source Code Control Tool: Tortoise SVN
Unix environment: Unix commands
Phone Devices: iphone 4, ipod 3g, ipod 4g
to August 7th, 2009
CAGS (Corporate actions global solutions) software is developed to integrate the data flow between various systems and subsystems associated with CAGS and CAMA (Corporate Actions Management System). Swift ISO 564 and 568 format message flow from custodian banks to CAMA. Swift ISO 564 and 568 format message flow from vendors like DTCC or TELEKURS to CAMA. Asset / SMF data upload to CAMA. Corporate Action notice publication from CAMA through various downstream systems. Issuer information upload from ASM (Asset Setup and Functional testing was performed to validate the creation of the various different CA events, creation of data conflicts, resolution of data conflicts, workflow task creations
Environment: Swift messages, Weblogic Java Messaging Services, Unix(HP-UX), Windows XP, Quality centre9.2, Oracle, Sybase, Sqlserver, Autosys, I.E 6.0, Unix commands, RapidSQL, XML
to December 2007
Webolution is a project undertaken to test the redesigned web pages site for the commonwealth bank. Testing of the pages that was created by the Web Content Management System (WCMS) - referred to as Documentum Web Publisher included testing of Content templates and style sheets, create/modify web content using pre-defined templates. Tested Integration with the search tool (Google mini) and the search results page.
Environment: Windows 2003 Server, Win XP, Win 2000, .NET, I.E, MAC, Firefox, I.E 6.0, Quality Center
To April 2007
Confidential,Innovest\'s flagship product, is a secure, integrated, trade-date, trust accounting and reporting system a web based intranet site. The product is accessed via a browser and provides the features and functions required to address the needs of trust companies, banks, private banks and others that need to control, account for and report on assets held in trust accounts. The business need was to develop, maintain and support the project for various different clients.
Environment: Windows XP, asp.net, asp, SQL Server, I.E 6.0, Quality Center
To October 2006
The Internet Trading System (ITS) called ‘TRADE ANY-WHERE’ provided by Bombay Stock Exchange facilitates its clients to trade directly with the exchange, wherein it saves time for the client if he places the orders through his broker who is registered with the exchange. ITS facilitates the clients to do on-line trading for both the Equities and Derivatives market together.
Environment: QTP 6.5, Windows XP, ASP, java applets, quality center, vss
To January 2006
Small business accounting is an accounting product developed by Microsoft for small businesses. SBA has modules like Banking, Customer sales flow and Vendor purchases flow. The Banking module includes online banking facility for the user. The user can directly download the banking transactions from a file into SBA and then perform match transactions operation. The user can create invoices, make payments, and apply credits. Vendors can purchase items, make vendor payments.
Environment: Windows XP, C#, Visual Studio. NET, Product Studio
Automation Tools and Framework: Nunit (Microsoft), MAUI (Microsoft Application User Interface)
To November 2004
Confidential,is the world’s third largest data modeling tool. Some of the modules include Generate Physical Model Wizard, Automation Interface and Create Logical Model etc. The software is used to create logical models and Physical models targeting various databases like Sqlserver2000, Oracle etc. The tool is used to perform Reverse Engineering and Forward Engineering techniques.
Environment: Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server, Windows NT, Windows95, Sybase12.5, SQL Server 2000, Oracle
To Feb 2004
Locator is a part of the Airgas. The locator system is developed for both the intranet as well as the internet users. The system interacts with a CGI application and displays the data in web browsers in the internet version. There is a batch search and the output is displayed in the excel format for the Airgas intranet users. The system supports 2500 records for the display in the excel format.
Environment: QTP, Quality centre, Windows 2000, Windows XP, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and SQL SERVER 2000, Loadrunner