A challenging career as a Oracle Database Administrator with an organization that will provide me the opportunity to apply my skills and experience using Oracle Database Technology for the advancement of the organization and my continued growth.
Operating Systems-HP-UX10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10, Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x.
Languages-SQL, PL/SQLl, XML, Basic UNIX Shell Scripting.
DB Management- TOAD, OEM 9.2, 10g, 10g Grid Infrastructure
Tools/Utilities-RMAN, OEM, Oracle Management Server, SQL*Loader, DBArtisan
Export/Import, TOAD, Data pump, Query builder, Net Backup, VB, Crystal Report, MS Access, CommVault Galaxy.
Tuning Tools- TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM,ASH
Hardware Platforms-Sun Fire 15K, Sun Fire 6800, Sun V480, V240, Sun Enterprise 6500 / 450, HP XP256 / XP512, IBM X series Server, EMC SAN, and various PC desktop and servers.
Confidential- Oracle Database Consultant
July 2009 To March. 2011
- Led/Participated in database projects and worked with partners to bring projects to successful and timely completion. Supported 24x7 environments and ensure their availability, performance, security and operational efficiency.
- DBA support includes but not limited to: perform database capacity planning; create, administer and maintain databases; install and patch server software; upgrade and downgrade databases; implement disaster recovery strategies; perform database backup/recovery and cloning; perform operating system, application and performance monitoring and tuning; identify and resolve any database bottlenecks proactively; respond to raised problems quickly.
- Monitor database log files, data block corruption, segment fragmentation, performance issues, security threats, contention issues (deadlocks, I/O, memory, CPU, etc.). Manage and maintain high volume transactional tables and indexes, database reorganization
- Hardening an Oracle databases following the Security Check List provided by Oracle incorporated with provided industrial practices.
- Providing consultation on Oracle to our development team.
- Design, creation, configuration, recovery and support of Oracle databases.
- Performed 1st tier Production support by troubleshooting database issues, performance monitoring/tuning, & capacity planning for Oracle databases
- Provide 24x7 on call support and problem resolution as necessary.
- Performed Performance tuning on Oracle 9i/10g/11g databases and responded to client calls to resolve production issues.
- Monitored, guided and assisted junior developers and DBA\'s and outside teams as they develop plans. Performed, designed, developed solutions and maintained their knowledge bases.
- Developed software processes, standards, configuration management systems, tracking systems and associated best practices. Participated in project and program reviews.
- Ability to coordinate and lead peers on task efforts.
- Evaluated tools/core technologies (CRM, OS, Backup tools, monitoring and tuning tools, Software and Hardware tools) and provided recommendations for their use.
- Troubleshot production processes and solved problems in real time .Monitored database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implemented efficiency improvements.
- Acted as a liaison between users to solve production issues and translated business users requirements into specifications for development teams.
- Proficient in performance-tuning, SQL tuning services with EXPLAINS PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE, AWR and ADDM to collect and maintain performance statistics and improves the database performance.
Confidential. Atlanta, Georgia – Oracle Database Administrator
July 2006 To June 2009
- Responsible for the Oracle database (9i/10g/) administration of 15 critical multi-terabyte Siebel CRM, Lawson Financial and Ariba Spend Management solutions Oracle Databases. Responsible for the evaluation and implementation of Oracle alert monitors.Duties included all aspects of Oracle database administration including performance & tuning, Oracle installation and Oracle upgrade, database maintenance, and database recovery.
- Served as a project leader on five critical system development and upgrade projects, delivering all systems on time and under budget. Also managed the creation of a Decision Support System that was used by top management to decide long-term company goals. Actively involved in system downsizing projects, and solely responsible for the migration of three systems from the IBM mainframe to UNIX and PC platforms.
- Supporting Snap clone process utilizing Hewlett-Packard Storage Works with LUNs, Volume Groups and Logical Volumes. Performing weekly snap clones of Multi-Terabyte Oracle databases thus providing the Organization a mechanism for data duplication and point-in-time copies that allows business continuance (BCV Technology)
- Ability to manage multiple database software version and platforms
- Supporting complex software installations, upgrades and license verifications, fault detection, escalation and repair procedures. Defining and acting on opportunities to increase operational efficiency and overall system availability and working closely with development team. Willingness to learn and support other database technologies
- Maintaining 24/7 Oracle Production Databases for Business Objects Utilizing HP EVA4000, EVA6000 and EVA8000 technology in our Data Center where there is a critical need for improved storage utilization and Siebel CRM application specific demands for consistently high transaction I/O and simplified storage administration.
- Ability to maintain efficient system utilization. Drive performance analysis and tuning, disk space management and capacity planning, as well as stable and consistent performance of production databases.
- Understands the importance of Team concepts and Team work. Have a passion to resolve customer problems and a very strong desire/ability to provide proactive and reactive support/administration to a high volume of remote clients/servers.
- Supporting Database clones Using DD copy when database reside on different SANS.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support. Assists in the formulation of Corporate IT\'s overall plans and objectives by providing advice and counsel to management concerning the database technology and developments that affect those systems being considered for the database environment.
- Works with the data analyst to maintain dictionary system in support of the database management systems for all platforms. Actively monitored Production Oracle databases to identify high resource consuming SQL, and give application teams guidance and oversight in remediating issues.
- Determining structural and storage requirements for the development of databases, through systems analysis and design to ensure the most efficient customer database
- Ensures database security by establishing data access and modification rights of all Corporate IT customers through the utilities provided within Oracle database.
- Determines the standards and strategies for accessing the database via programs, on-line query languages, report generators, or other access technologies to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Created Technical Assistance Request (TARs/ITARS) for help with a technical or non-technical problem affecting production databases. Responsible for applying Critical Patch Updates (CPU) and Patch Set Update (PSU) on different servers platforms
May 1999 To July 2006
Confidential- Oracle Database Engineer
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of 500+ large to very large production/implementation (2GB to more than 500GB) Oracle Databases running on Sun Solaris and Windows 2000/Windows NT platforms using Oracle 7.3 through Oracle 9i.
- Supported ADP Enterprise HR and payroll software (Peoplesoft HR Code) as a hosted application in a Production Data Center environment.
- Used Citrix Metaframe to provide remote access to the application for our hosted clients.
- Supported production databases leveraging the high-end EMC Symmetrix (Hardware) storage architecture to offer unmatched deployment flexibility and massive scalability.
- Supported reporting databases created with EMC TimeFinder/Mirror High-performance, point-in-time BCVs—full volume and clones.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Database creation, Database Monitoring, Database backups/restorations, and support developers in efficient SQL creation, performance tuning, indexing, analyzing database objects using dbms_stats utility, database object creation, disaster recovery and security.
- Responsible for establishing the initial sizing of implementation and production databases, as well as growth projections, based on data supplied by the clients.
- Limited Unix shell scripting, Perl scripting and PL/SQL programming.
- Installed, configured and supported of all aspects of ADP Enterprise HR and payroll software including performance, tuning and data related issues. This software is based on the same source code as Peoplesoft HR.
- Installed, configured and supported this n-tier product using Oracle or Sql Server back end.
- Supported, installed and configured Oracle back ends on Windows or Unix (HP, AIX, and Solaris), SQL Server on Windows. Supported, installed and configured XML self-service module that interfaces with the application server through SSL.
- Supported batch processing and report writing done with Cobol, SQR programs and Reportsmith.
- Supported Tivoli Workload Scheduler in preparing, automating, tracking and execution of payroll production jobs.
- Used various Etools (similar to Peopletools) for support including Data Mover, Import Utility, Upgrade Utility and Ebuilder.
- Lead technical support for ADP\'s datamart product used to provide executive decision makers access to HR and Payroll data using Sagent ETL tools.
- Support of CSS Hrizon HRMS software , a client/server application based on Peoplesoft HR.
- Solved connectivity issues involving ODBC , SQL Net , and TCP/IP.
- Investigated data related problems using SQL queries and SQRW.
September 1997 To May 1999
Confidential Norcross, Georgia – Systems/ Database Administrator , Network Services.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of approximately 40+ Oracle Databases on Solaris and Windows NT/2000 platforms.
- Installed Oracle 7 and 8i on both database and application servers, created databases and Schemas configured the Net8 on different nodes.
- Installed proprietary client monitoring application utilizing Oracle 8.1.7 and Cisco Citrix middle Tier.
- Performed logical and physical database backups and recoveries on UNIX and NT servers.
- Monitored all systems using Oracle Enterprise Manager , TOAD, Spotlight and DBArtisan.
- Installed and configured Disaster Recovery Solution with COMDISCO.
- Supported onsite client deployment, maintained Organization and Client History databases,
- Refreshed Organization database-using data exported from client database.
- Researched, evaluated and recommended the use of new features in Oracle and their applicability to end-users, application developers and project managers.
May 1997 To July 1997
Confidential. Norcross, Georgia – Oracle DBA, IT Group.
- Primary ORACLE8 DBA for databases on WINDOWS NT.
- Maintained Development and Production databases.
- Installed Oracle 7.3.3 on Windows NT Server
- Installed Oracle patch sets on production databases.
- Configured and Installed Oracle Enterprise Manager on Windows NT Server and Windows95 workstations.
- Created Jobs and Events with Oracle Enterprise Manager to maintain Databases
- Maintained Security of ORACLE database, creating users, roles, synonyms and grants.
- Logical Backups using Export/Import Utility to provide application failure Protection
- Full and Partial Offline Database Backups (Cold Backups)
- Full and Partial Online Database Backups (Hot Backups)
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials 10.7SC and the different modules
October 1989 To July 1995
Atlanta, Georgia – Medicaid/Medicare Auditor
Travelling extensively throughout the state of Georgia performing audits for Georgia Department of Medical Assistance (DMA); primarily on nursing home providers and Home Health Agencies participating in Medicaid/Medicare programs.
Oracle7.3.4 Certified Professional OCP
Oracle8 Certified Professional OCP
Oracle8 Course Completions:
Performance and Tuning
Intro to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL
Develop PL/SQL Program units