- Around four and half years of experience in the Information Technology field with almost two and half years of experience as a Jr oracle Dba.
- Two years experience as Datastage developer.
- Expertise in Database Installation, Configuration on Linux RH and Windows.
- Good experience in Database designing, setting up the complete Database with Security Implementation, troubleshooting Oracle Technologies as a Jr Oracle DBA.
- Successfully performed the role as Database Administrator, Team player with good presentation and communication skills to provide support to the customer.
- Ability to analyze, plan and execute to perfection.
- Installation & Configuration of Oracle Database 9i / 10g on Windows NT, LINUX RH.
- Have knowledge of linux administration as required for oracle database administration.
- Good understanding of RAC.
RDBMS : Oracle 9i/10g,
Database Administration : Oracle 9i/10g.
Oracle Tools and Utilities : OEM, RMAN, SQL*Loader
Operating Systems : Linux RH ,Windows
Programming Languages : Pl/sql
ETL Tools : IBM DataStage, sql *loader
- Bachelor of Science
- Oracle Certified Professional(OCP) 10g
Confidential, San Jose, CA Nov 06 - Aug 09
Jr Oracle DBA
Confidential, is a Semi conductor equipment company. Design, Manufacture, Installation and Maintenance of Diffusion and Low-Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition Systems
- Install Oracle software on the server, and initial Creation of the database with Sr DBAs.
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database.
- Performed complete and incomplete recovery using RMAN.
- Optimizing the SQL's for maximum performance by using EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Modifies Oracle instance initialization parameters as necessary
- Performing Hot Backup, Maintaining High database availability for supporting non-stop Business Operations
- Implement and Maintain Database Security. Creating / Altering / Dropping Users as and when required and administer their respective quotas
- As a junior member of the team analyzing and designing application requirements and build up system specifications.
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required.
Environment: Oracle 9i LINUX RH Windows NT.Confidential, Minneapolis, MN Aug 2004 - July 2006
E-mail Migration is a migration project from existing TANDEM environment to ADW (Analytical Data Warehouse) on DB2/UDB with a sole purpose to generate ranking, based on individual customer's earned scores from their Web-purchases or direct purchases from Target stores. Target Corp through a Third party vendor -BI (Bigfoot Interface) sends E-mail promotional offers like Mom & Baby, Furniture, Electronics, Sporting goods, Video games models to customers, basing on their purchasing behavior and Ranking.
As DataStage Developer, I was involved in understanding existing ETL process & requirements on TANDEM, Design DataStage jobs and Code to Implement ETL process.
- Developed DstaStage Jobs to Source data from Views and Tables from TANDEM and load data into DB2/UDB tables.
- Responsible for setting-up ODBC connectivity on Server Box for Databases
- Responsible for creating Job Automation Process using Job Control and global parameter file.
- Developed Sequence Jobs to run DataStage jobs as per the hierarchy.
- Responsible for moving DataStage jobs from Development to Testing and Production.
- Created DataStage Job templates and Documented Naming Standards and Best Practice.
- Responsible for identifying Source systems, Target systems and Staging Area.
- Involved resolving code related issues
- Involved in Design and code walk-Through's
- Responsible in implementing logic & Job level performance tuning
Environment: Ascential DataStage V7.5 (Server Edition), Oracle 9i, DB2/UDB, SQL*plus, Windows NT.