- Around 7 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, Responsible for database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, backup and recovery, database security, auditing and space management.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g RAC, 11g RAC databases in LINUX, HP-UX, SOLARIS, IBM AIX and Windows environments.
- Planned and implemented Oracle 10g RAC, 11g RAC and Standby Databases (Data Guard) for High availability and Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Experience in upgrading the database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g & oracle 10g to oracle 11g and migration of the databases using transportable database, tablespaces export/import, data pump utilities.
- Used Opatch utility for applying CPU and One-off patches & RDBMS patch set Upgrade (PSU).
- Installed and configured oracle Grid control and deployed agent on managed targets.
- Good experience with Oracle grid control, Oracle enterprise manager (OEM), ASM, AWR, ADDM, Flashback Technology, SQL tuning advisor, SQL access advisor, and SQL server undo advisor.
- Experienced on creating DB links across databases and performed advanced replications using Oracle Streams and Golden Gate.
- Designed and implemented centralized backups and recovery strategies using recovery manager (RMAN).
- Expertise on performing cold backups, hot backups, advanced recovery methods like PITR and TSPITR, flash back recovery.
- Cloning of the databases.
- Experience in using SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures, indexes, materialized views, shell scripting, partitioned and non-portioned tables, packages and triggers for improved performance of the database.
- Performance Tuning: Experience in identified poor SQL statements using EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, TKPROF, SQL TRACE, OEM Grid Monitoring.
- Expertise in maintaining Database Roles, Users using Security Compliance Auditing, expertise in loading data from Flat Files using SQL*LOADER and External Tables.
- Experience in using the oracle support (Metalink) for Service Requests(SR database log files related performance issues, Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA).
- Good experience in managing Very Large OLTP and Data warehousing databases.
- Involved in Data modeling, logical and physical database designs and worked as on-call support team member for administering OLTP 24X7 production databases.
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical & logical abilities, problem solving skills and fast learning.
Databases: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10gRAC, 11gRAC, SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux 4.x,5.x,6.x, HP-UX 10.x,11.x, Sun Solaris 8,9,10, IBM AIX 5.2,5.3, Windows NT,2000,XP,Windows 7
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, Shell Scripting, Pearl Scripting.
Utilities: RMAN, ASM, OEM Grid Control, Data Guard, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, DataPump, SQL developer, Veritas NetBackup, GoldenGate, Streams.
Tools: TKPROF, TOAD, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, STATSPACK, ADDM, ASH, AUTO Trace.
Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science)
Confidential,New York, NY Dec 2009 - Present
- 24x7 Product Database support
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 10g RAC, 11g RAC, Standby databases for High Availability and DR solutions
- Upgraded Oracle Database from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g.
- Migration of the database from HP-UX to IBM AIX, Windows to Linux.
- Cloning of the database from Production to the Test and Development environments using RMAN and conventional methods.
- Applied security related CPU and One-off patches using Opatch utility, Applied RDBMS PSUs.
- Database Monitoring using Enterprise Manager Grid control (OEM).
- Used Oracle Streams for replications of data between remote databases
- Performed Cold backup, hot backup using conventional back ups and RMAN, recovered various and critical Production databases.
- Prepared backup schedule which include offline, online and logical backups.
- Used Export/Import, Data Pump Utilities to move the data between different databases and for backups.
- Worked on transportation of Tablespaces, Data Archival, Re-organization of tables and restoration.
- Tuning of Shared Pool, Library Cache, and Data Dictionary Cache.
- Monitor CPU usage, I/O contention, memory paging on UNIX server. Identify resource and performance bottleneck. Provide technical direction to system administrators.
- Rebuilding of Indexes for better performance, maintenance of Oracle Database.
- Generated performance reports and Daily health check up of the database using utilities like AWR, Statspack and ADDM to gather performance statistics.
- Identified and tuned poor SQL statements using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE and TKPROF, Analyzed tables, indexes for improving the performance of the Query.
- Analyzed SQL statements, re-organized database objects and created indexes to improve the performance of the queries.
- Partition of tables to improve performance.
- Created users and allocated appropriate table space quotas with necessary privileges and roles for all databases.
- Worked with Oracle Support for resolving the database related unresolved issues.
- Worked on SQL* Loader to load data from flat files, Checking for Row Migration and Chaining on Highly used transaction tables.
- Configured TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA for SQL*NET connectivity.
- Created DB links across databases and Solved Database connectivity issues by continuously monitoring the status of the listeners and instances.
- Monitored overall system performance and Database growth.
- Served as a member of 24-hour on call support staff.
- Checked alert logs and background trace files on daily basis and resolved problems.
- Scheduled jobs in the database using CRON Jobs and DBMS_JOBS.
- Installation and administration of GoldenGate replication.
- Implemented backup for production database. Simulated few possible crucial recovery scenarios using the current available backups to check the effectiveness of the backup plans and also to get a rough estimate of the recovery time involved.
- Automated shell scripts and scheduled batch jobs.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10gRAC/11gRAC, Red Hat Linux, Windows, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, AIX, SQL Server, PLSQL, Shell Scripting, RMAN, Grid control, Data Guard, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, Data Pump, TOAD, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, STATSPACK, ADDM, ASH.
Confidential,Keene, NH Jul 2008- Nov 2009
- 24x7 Product Database support
- Planned and implemented Oracle 10g RAC, 11g RAC, Standby databases fro High Availability and DR solutions
- Designing, documenting and deploying through the various development and production environments.
- Refresh/Cloning of the databases from Production to the Test and Development environments.
- Upgraded database from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle 10gRAC and Standby Databases for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Automation of deployment/migration from existing systems (Oracle), monitoring and reporting.
- Database Migration
- Applied CPU, One-off patches using Opatch utility, RDBMS patch set Upgrade (PSU).
- Worked with Oracle Data Pump which provides high speed, parallel, bulk data and metadata movement of Oracle database contents.
- Used Oracle 10g grid control utility.
- Planned and implemented Backup & Recovery using RMAN.
- Implemented Cold Backup and Hot Backup depending on the requirement.
- Refreshed development and test databases from production using Logical Backups (Export and Import).
- Extensive Performance tuning for optimized results using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*Trace and TKPROF, AWR, STATSPACK.
- Daily Health Check Up of the Database using ADDM with the help of AWR report.
- Written SQL, PL/SQL scripts and Shell scripting to monitor table space and extent growth. Space Management, which includes table space creation, adding new data files.
- Maintaining Database Security by Creating Roles, Privileges, Quotas, and Passwords.
- Troubleshooting and Technical Support on Oracle Database & Oracle Applications and Network Administration using SR, SAR,IOSTAT and RDA.
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption).
- Object maintenance e.g. Storage Parameters, Rebuild Indexes.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10gRAC/11g RAC, RHEL, HP_UX, Sun Solaris, SQL, PLSQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, RMAN, ASM, Oracle 10g Grid control, Data Guard, SQL*Loader, EXP, IMP, TOAD, Datapump, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, STATSPACK, ADDM, ASH.
Confidential,Irving, TX Apr 2007 - Jun 2008 Oracle DBA
- Installed and configured Oracle RDBMS on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Responsible for administering and supporting production and development Oracle 9i Databases.
- Responsible for installing, upgrade and configuring the Oracle Server, Creating Databases, Storage Structures and Objects, Database Backup and Recovery, Monitoring and Optimizing Database Performance.
- Creating primary database Storage Structures (table spaces, rollback segments, etc).
- Participated in Disaster Recovery Drills, documented database and application validation steps
- Cloned Environments to create Patch Test, Development and QA Environments.
- Applied patches using Opatch utility, keeping applications software bug free, and improving data integrity.
- Applied High priority, Security Patches downloaded from Metalink.
- Establish and Document Backup and Recovery strategies and procedures after evaluating various options including RMAN.
- Maintained all documents of Oracle Database operations. Prepared documentation of database backup and recovery standards.
- Developing, Testing and Implementing Sound Backup and Recovery Strategy.
- Developing Hot, cold and logical backup scripts to automate the backup procedures.
- Planning for storage spaces requirements and placing them for optimum I/O performance.
- Tuning the databases for optimal performance.
- Monitoring Growth of tables and undertaking necessary re-organization of database as and when required.
- Monitoring Scheduled jobs of the daily activities for the performance of all the databases
- Partitioning Tables by determining the suitable methodology to improve performance and manageability.
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges to users.
- Prepare the documents of the process and knowledge transferring about the project to the new team members.
- Monitoring the Database storage and Day to Day activities.
- Configured Scripts to monitor activity with database.
- Partitioned large tables to increase the performance.
- Created PL/SQL procedures (jobs) to automate maintenance tasks.
- Performing all daily Maintenance tasks. Interacting with Oracle Customer service as and when required.
- Generated scripts for daily maintenance activity like analyzing tables/indexes, and monitoring their growth rate.
- Having systems administration experience managing enterprise application.
Environment: ORACLE 8i/9i/10gRAC, Red Hat Linux, SUN SOLARIS, IBM AIX OEM, RMAN, Tkprof, Windows NT, EXP, IMP.
Confidential,Hyderabad Aug 2005 - Mar 2007 Oracle DBA
- Installed and maintained Oracle 9i software on Linux systems.
- Migration of the database from sun Solaris to Linux.
- Monitoring of hot backups, exports on Linux and Windows.
- Performed Refresh of databases on Linux servers
- Create Schema (Tables, Indexes, views, sequences, synonyms, roles, and packages), grant roles to users.
- Monitor databases using OEM, re-organization of database tables and indexes.
- Tested and implemented different physical, logical Backups and Recovery methods like point in time recovery, Media recovery, full and partial recovery using export, import.
- Partitioned appropriate tables to optimize performance and simplified maintenance work.
- Write various SQL and PL/SQL scripts and procedures to support applications.
- Set up and administered tablespaces, data files, tables, indexes, views and sequences Configured and managed users, security and Redologs.
- Performed database cloning to create Test and Development environments from Production.
- Implemented Physical Standby database using DataGuard in ORACLE9i/10g.
- Performance tuning for Oracle Day-to-day maintenance and management of the several different databases in development, test, regression and production environments; proactively monitoring production environment for any exceptions/ issues.
- Have written shell scripts for automation of various database-monitoring activities.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, TOAD.
Confidential,Hyderabad Oct 2004 - Jul 2005
- The workload involves overall Maintenance of Database, performance Tuning, Backup, Recovery and other database related activities.
- Involved in the installation of Oracle 8i/9i/10g on Solaris platform.
- Taking Backups on scheduled time and Monitoring Scheduled Backups.
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking rights as and when required.
- Checking of Oracle files for abnormal behaviors.
- Day to day Performance Monitoring and tuning of database.
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot Database Problems and failures.
- Preparing Backup and Recovery Plan.
- Creation and maintenance of database.
- Defined backup procedures using daily hot backups and weekly cold backup.
- Oracle database administration on Solaris platform.
- Storage and space management including table spaces and data files.
- Creating Databases and all database objects.
- Database Designing includes designing table spaces and Rollback Segments.
- Management of table space growth, monitoring data files additions, extent growth.
- Constantly monitor the performance of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Using TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN for better performance.
- Monitoring Database for fragmentation and correcting them.
- Creating and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts and profiles, Space management.
- Ensuring proper Online and Offline backup. Periodical checking of backups taken.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, RHEL, Sun Solaris, Shell scripting, Tkprof, Explain plan.