- Accomplished hands - on technology specialist with a track record of successful project implementations in the areas of ERP (PeopleSoft finance and human resources packages), healthcare, telecom marketing and billing systems.
- Proven skills supporting mission-critical applications in challenging environments on both IBM DB2 z/OS and Oracle platforms.
- Over 25 years of experience with emphasis on database administration and management of database and development teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Technical Database Management
- Deployment of large scale application systems
- 24x7 Support under SLA-bound goals
- Team building and leadership
- Process Improvements including standardization
- Project Management
Operating Systems: IBM z/OS, Unix, Sun (Oracle) Solaris, several flavors of Microsoft Windows
Database Management Systems: DB2 z/OS V10.1, DB2 z/OS V8, Oracle 11g, working knowledge of SQL Server 2005
Database Tools Mainframe: BMC Tools (MainView, Change Manager, Log Max, DASD Manager, SQL Explorer, Apptune), IBM Omegamon, IBM DB2PM, IBM Data Studio (Query Tuning tool), SPUFI, QMF, Erwin Data Modeler.
Oracle: PeopleTools 8.53, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM Grid) 11g, Toad, SQL Plus, Putty, AQT (Cardett)
ETL Tools: Working knowledge of IBM DataStage (Infosphere), Embarcadero Designer and Studio
Connectivity Tools: DB2 Connect, STARSQL, ODBC/JDBC connectivity troubleshooting
Languages: REXX, CLIST, CICS/COBOL II, C, Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, PL/1
DB2 DBA and Lead
- Played a key role in the deployment of ViSION (Virtual Supervisory Information on the Net), a web-based mission-critical application used by over 3500 bank examiners on a daily basis. This system is a web-based DB2 z/OS application and uses ASP with over 1200 Stored Procedures.
- Support Control Totals Module (CTM) a CICS-based DB2 application, Corporate Business Information System (CBIS) and several other applications
- Made significant contribution to the DB2 v10.1 upgrade from V8.1 by coordinating the efforts of different groups including systems programmers, database administrators and application development teams
- Supported the financial and HR packages of PeopleSoft on the IBM mainframe (DB2 z/OS) which consisted of over 20 database environments each using 1.5 TB of space.
- Monitored and tuned poorly-performing SQL’s and optimized for performance using BMC Apptune, BMC SQL Explorer and BM Data Studio.
- Provided guidance to developers on efficient SQL writing practices.
- Wrote REXX routines to automate refresh of data in non-prod environments with prod data copies
- Participated in annual Disaster Recovery exercises in collaboration with the DR team and all other participating groups.
- Prioritized workload to ensure timely delivery of projects, ensured data sanitization to mask personally identifiable information (PII) and sensitive data during refreshes of data from production to lower environments.
- Generated and reviewed audit information to prevent unauthorized access and remediate GAO, FISMA and internal audit findings.
- Evaluated and recommended database tools to support FDIC in their long-term strategic planning for data protection, risk mitigation and achieve efficiencies in day-to-day operations.
- Contributed to write-up of security, production data copy and other data policies of FDIC.
PeopleSoft DBA Lead
- Led the Oracle PeopleSoft DBA team after the PeopleSoft applications were migrated to Oracle 11g from DB2.
- Supported major releases and deployments including coordination with infrastructure (Systems Engineering), PeopleSoft Admins and development teams.
- Ensured cross-platform connectivity from Oracle to legacy data on DB2 using database links
- Provided management dashboards with key performance indicators (KPI’s) including incident management and root cause analysis of interruptions to mission-critical systems (severity-1 incidents), database health check and space usage threshold reports.
- Contributed significantly in providing documentation of several performance objectives like gold copy standards, backup, recovery and disaster recovery strategies, naming standards, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) etc.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Senior Database Engineer
- As a senior Consultant from RCM Technologies and later as an employee of Confidential, worked in the Corporate Data Management group to support ExpressTrak - a project that was created to modernize and integrate several corporate-level applications like Billing, Customer Care, A/R, Ordering, Provisioning etc. System configuration involved 50 environments across 25 DB2 sub-systems on 12 LPAR’s.
- Also, served as the primary DBA for VAM server ( Confidential Account Manager) - a data warehouse environment with very large data (in billions of rows) spread across data partitions.