To work in an organization that offers a creative environment where I can utilize my skills and education to contribute, develop and grow along with the organization.
Oracle DBA Skill sets: Oracle database administration, Oracle 11g RMAN for Backup & Recovery
Operating Systems: UNIX - HP-UX, Sun Solaris 10/11, Linux - Red Hat 7
Scripting/Language: PL/SQL, Shell.
Tool: Toad 10, HP Service Manager, Veritas Cluster Manager
Oracle Database Administrator
- Providing end to end support for database operational and engineering activities (L1, L2 & L3) which mainly includes user management, access management, alert monitoring, database creation/upgrade/migration, database refresh/restore, database availability-failover(VCS), database patching etc.
- Involved in daily incident management and change management process for the operational activities following the proper ITIL practice.
- Expertise in DB Backup/Recovery (both RMAN and offline backup) using EMC Networker in case of any DB crash/ Data Loss/User Request.
- Actively participate in DB Refresh process which is a crucial part of release management.
- Involved with problem management for root cause analysis and bug fixing for several kind of critical issues and application bugs.
- Working on several kind of Performance tuning process.
- Designed several kind of script (Shell) to automate and accelerate daily DBA operational activities.
- Provide support to the application team for several kind of DB activities, ex - Export/Import, Code release/ bug fixing
- Coordinates entire offshore team from onsite for regular Knowledge sharing, client updates etc.
- Providing 24x7 on call support for 500+ production databases during non-business hours
- Playing key role on regular Change Management and Release management process. (Providing feedback, approval for new changes, scheduling and task planning etc.)
- Conducting weekly team meeting with client and entire team.