- I have 12 years of experience in IT industry as an Oracle Database administrator and 2years on MongoDB, having exclusive experience in production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, cloning, space management and database security with Oracle Software12c/ 11g/10g/9i on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, HP - UX, AIX, and Windows Platform. Possess high competency in advanced DBA skills such as backup, recovery, performance tuning.
- Good exposure in Configuring Single and multiple instance, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Automatic Storage Management (ASM) in Oracle 12c,11g and 10g .
- Experienced in installing and patching Oracle RAC with ASM on AIX, Solaris and Linux platforms.
- Expertise in setting up Physical standby, Active Data Guard and troubleshooting the log gaps.
- Well experienced in performing Fail-Over/Switch-Over activities periodically.
- Good exposure in upgrading and migrating 11g databases to pluggable databases in 12c container Exadata machine.
- Fabricated multiple CLONING databases using traditional method and RMAN utility for High availability configuration.
- Provided 24/7 on-call DBA support for Production databases, responding to troubleshooting calls from multiple database sites and offering solutions.
- Good exposure in installing the MongoDB in Windows and Linux environments.
- Well experienced in CRUD operations in MongoDB.
- Hands on experience on MongoDB Replica Set and Sharding.
- Performing Security measures, backups and restore backups in MongoDB.
- Have good exposure on ITIL process like Incident management, Change Management and Problem Management.
- Good exposure in performing cross platform migration from Unix to Linux and AIX to Linux and Exadata.
- Good exposure in migrating databases with minimal downtime using Oracle Goldengate.
- Extensively used OEM 12c for performance tuning analysis and setup the monitoring for critical databases.
- Extensive knowledge of database backup/recovery strategy using RMAN and configuration of Recovery catalog for multiple databases.
- Experienced with logical backups of the database using Data Pump (Expdp and Impdp) .
- Have a good exposure on analyzing the system and data statistics of very large size(>50TB) databases and tune them for better performance.
- Performed backups and tested crash recoveries using conventional Hot and Cold backups.
- Experienced in working on various OLTP and OLAP databases both in clustered and non-clustered environment.
- Experienced in security setup Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) both column and tablespace level with oracle Wallet and HSM.
- Extensively worked on table partitioning with range, list and Hash methods.
- Experienced in configuring the databases in VERITAS Cluster.
- Well Experienced in maintaining Oracle Data Guard, Standby Database and providing critical solution with strategic disaster recovery plans with different recovery procedures and methods.
- Experienced in using transportable tablespace, RMAN conversion methods for cross platform migrations.
- Experience in Oracle Database Tuning and Performance by using tools/utilities like Automated Workload Repository (AWR), Automatic Database Diagnostics Monitor (ADDM).
- Strong working knowledge of development tools like TOAD, SQL Developer, and SQL Navigator.
- Have beginner knowledge on MongoDB.
Operating systems: Red Hat Linux RHEL 3.x, 4.x, 5.x,6.x, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 9.0/10.0, AIX 5.1, 5.2 and Windows 2003/ Windows Server 2008/XP.
Databases: MongoDB 3.6/3.4, Oracle 12c, 11gR2/11gR1 RAC, 10gR2/10gR1 RAC, 9i.
Oracle Database Tools: SQL*Loader, TKPROF, Toad, OEM, SQL Developer and Grid Control.
Tools: & Utilities: Export/Import, RMAN, Data Pump, Winscp3.
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, SQL Loader, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR, TOAD
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Dynamic SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Terminal: Putty, Telnet, FTP.
Ticketing Tools: Service Now, Remedy 7.1 and 7.6
Job Schedulers: Autosys, Cron and Control M
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
- Upgraded the Mongo database from 3.4 to 3.6.
- Installed and configured the MongoDB in Windows and Linux environments.
- Setup the backups for Mongo databases.
- Configured the Replication setup for data replication.
- Added Arbiters and changed the members priority to the replica sets.
- Restored the Databases through Mongodump/mongorestore utility.
- Configured the Mongo sharding cluster.
- Created several indexes in MongoDB for better performance.
- Successfully upgraded the databases from 11g to non CDB 12c.
- Migrated the PDB’s from one CDB to another CDB.
- Configured the CDB and PDB’s with RMAN backup.
- Performed the table restore and recovery on online database.
- Analyzing the application releases and recommending the necessary changes to the queries.
- Analyzing the application key tables and collecting the required statistics.
- Analyzing the day to day database and server load for the machine critical database and making necessary changes for better performance.
- Configured the Jumbo frames to improve the interconnect performance.
- Redesigned the tables of LOB columns with compress option to reduce the space consumption.
- Created baselines for several standard reporting queries.
- Migrated the databases from old Solaris to red hat Linux with new versions like 11g and 12c.
- Capacity planning and troubleshooting the day to day performance issues.
- Troubleshooting RAC node issues like node eviction, cluster diagnosis.
- Working with application and infrastructure teams to build the new database environments.
- Configured the active dataguard for the production environments.
- Applying the PSU and bug fix patches to keep the databases compliance and secure.
- Configured the databases with different backup methods and testing the restore capability.
- Participating quarterly disaster recovery tests and certifying the business-critical databases availability.
- Installing the 12c agents in all the target database servers and configuring the targets for monitoring and performance analysis.
- Created Oracle Wallets and implemented Tablespace level TDE security.
- Successfully restored the data from previous backups to support legal issues.
- Setup the GRP and dropping them during application releases.
- Analyzing the data growth in the database and making changes to the environment for application stability.
- Analyzing the huge tables in the database and advising the application to use different partitioning methods for data archiving and better performance.
- Successfully made the standby database in SYNC with Primary when there was a huge log gap using rollforward method.
- Upgraded Grid Infrastructure and databases from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
Environment: MongoDB 3.6/3.4,Oracle 12c, 11gR2 (RAC), OEM 12c/11g, Oracle Data guard, Control M, BMC Patrol, RHEL, AIX, Solaris and VERITAS cluster, ServiceNow.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator and technical lead
- Have touch-point calls with offshore team and make sure all issues happen in off business hours are addressed with sense of urgency.
- Successfully migrated 12c Non CDB databases to pluggable databases on Exadata Machine.
- Migrated the business-critical databases to RHEL servers Using Oracle Goldengate.
- Successfully setup 4 node Primary RAC with 3 node physical standby for new application in 11GR2.
- Oracle Database Administrator providing RDBMS support for MasterCard applications using Oracle databases on Solaris, AIX and Linux systems.
- Troubleshooting backup and recovery issues in SQL Server Databases.
- Added a new node to already existing 5 node 11g RAC.
- Successfully migrated the ASM diskgroups when the storage was migrated from DMX to VMAX and VMAX to XIV.
- Migrated the databases storage from non ASM to ASM.
- Successfully recovered the database when online redo was corrupted.
- Applying PSU patches for every quarter on all supporting databases.
- Successfully performed primary and standby switchover activity as part of Quarterly DTE.
- Cloned the PDB's to other containers by creating xml copy.
- Analyzed the archive generation rate for critical databases and implemented appropriate fixes like changing archive backup frequency or increasing archive storage space as per the requirements.
- Worked closely with Application teams during major releases and prepared strong game plans to make sure databases are not affected during the releases.
- Recovered the application schemas from physical corruption.
- Done performance tuning related jobs like general health checks and maintenance of databases using Automatic Workload Repository ( AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor ( ADDM) reports by finding wait events.
- Identified the bugs in 9i and 10g version databases and proactively applied bugfix patches in other databases of same version.
- Tuned several bath job queries by analyzing from SQL Tuning and SQL access advisors .
- Created Quarterly and Monthly partitions on several dataware house databases.
- Providing 24x7on call support for all the production and development databases
- Interact directly with application and business owners to educate them on the direction of Data Architecture.
- Provide escalation support for Level 1 DBA support staff.
- Stay current on features and functionality of Oracle databases, focusing on technology to improve performance, availability, reliability and stability of the Oracle databases
- Mentor junior level DBA’s
- Provided leadership to various projects and initiatives.
Environment: Oracle 12c Exadata, 11gR2 Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Oracle Database Appliance, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, Oracle Dataguard, Goldengate, Sql Server 2008, Autosys, BMC Patrol, RHEL, AIX, Solaris and VERITAS cluster.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Configured and implemented Oracle 11g ACTIVE DATAGAURD for Database Disaster Recovery.
- Installed OS Watcher and effectively used the reports for system performance analysis.
- Identified Row chained blocks and re-org the table to improve the performance.
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of Oracle 11gR1/11gR2 on Linux, and Solaris.
- Configuration and maintenance of 11g RAC and Single Instance database environments.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Migrating and upgrading Oracle Database from 10gR1 on Solaris/Windows to 11gR2 on Linux environment using Datapump and RMAN Conversion.
- Upgrading Grid Infrastructure and databases from 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- Applied patches (PSU & Oneoff) and worked closely with Oracle to make Application environment up to date.
- Worked extensively on RMAN backups and recoveries and database cloning using RMAN Duplicate. Troubleshooting and maintenance of RMAN backups and user managed backups.
- Implemented Backup-using RMAN (Recovery Manager) as media management layer
- Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups (with Exp/Imp) and Data Pump Database backup (Hot & cold).
- Extensive use of performance monitoring tools like STATSPACK and AWR, ADDM reports, Oracle Enterprise Manager, TOAD for the performance tuning at the SQL and database level.
- Performed Range Partitioning as a cause to improve the performance of the database.
- Constantly monitoring the performance of the databases and viewing alert log files & trace files.
- Adding the required User Logins, Groups and Users, Granting and Revoking Permission to/from the users.
- Experience in Planning Database, Sizing table space, create database, scripts, Interact with developers.
- Co-coordinating with on-site counterpart as well as Clients and understanding requirements and providing 24x7 on call support for all the production and development databases.
Environment: Oracle 10gR1, 10gR2, 11gR1, 11gR2 with RAC, Data Guard, ASM, SQL, PL/SQL, FTP, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager, Remedy 7.1.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for applying quarterly PSU security patches.
- Created oracle database tables, materialized views, objects with storage parameters based on quarterly growth requirements of the system.
- Responsible for RMAN backups, and improvement to backup with incremental back by adding block change tracking feature of Oracle 11gR2.
- Created Users, Roles and Profiles, Privilege management with role-based security.
- Performed database tuning using Explain Plan, TKPROF, Statspack, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) and SQL Trace.
- Performed logical backups of schemas and database using DataPump (expdp/impdp) as per requirement.
- Rebuilding the fragmented table and partitioning the non-partitioned table for easy maintenance and improving performance.
- Monitored backups, space usage, and user activity on daily basis and Performed daily hot backups and weekly Cold backups using RMAN.
- Altered, modified, Partitioned, dropped, created Database objects daily on a 24 X 7 production, Development, testing environments.
- Responsible for patch management of the applications, and supporting OS upgrades on database hosts.
- Involved in deployment process from dev to production environments.
Environment: Oracle 9i,10g,11g RAC with ASM, OEM 11g, Linux, Solaris, Windows.