- Multifunctional professional with over 7+ years of strategic leadership and performance based management experience. Proven track record of unceasingly exceeding administrative goals. A proactive, driven individual recognized for bringing value to situations disregarded and lacking functional probability.
- 10g, 11g Database Administration
- 11g Real Application Cluster (RAC) on ASM installation
- Data Guard Administration
- RMAN Backup and Recovery
Operating Systems: Microsoft, Windows 2000, 2003 & 2008 Advanced Server, Red Hat (Linux), UNIX, VM Ware, OBI KPI’s, Powershell
Networking Topologies / Protocols: Ethernet, TCP/IP
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS
Software Applications/Tools and Utilities: Data Migration - Export-Import, Backup & Recovery Performance Tuning-SQL-Loader, and Dataguard.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Maintained an 11g database security using encryption, and Fine Grain Access Control.
- Configured, audited, granted privileges, restricted access, created users, profiles, roles and monitored quota on tablespaces in line with resource planning guide.
- Managed multiple databases and instances using DataGuard, RAC in a real time production, testing, and development environment.
- Used Enterprise Manager DB console to monitor performance, clone databases, tuning and maintaining optimal performance.
- Used Oracle Grid control on UNIX/Linux and Windows to maintain a 500Gb database with a group of DBAs in a 24/7 365 production environment involving technical proficiency.
- Used DataPump for migration, Remapping, SQL*loader, import and export of database/schema/Tablespace.
- Generated Reports and preparing memo to communicate progress and providing early alerts for major updates.
- Used a hot and cold backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Used Enterprise Manager to schedule backups.
- Used Data guard to perform both switch over and failover exercises.
- Configured and managed database backups (full and incremental), restores, cataloguing, and migrations on primary servers and across servers within a project.
- Performed SQL tuning and object management.
- Used SQL*Plus, iSQL*Plus, Oracle SQL Developer, Putty, PL/SQL, Command-line tools to accomplish projects.
- Advanced troubleshooting using trace files, alert log
- Developed and enforced database related policies, standards, naming conventions, operating procedures and best practices.
- Generated reports.
- Executed database backup and recovery strategies.
- Monitored thresholds in relation to the FRA.
- Monitored database security by controlling and monitoring user access
- Created and maintained database structures and objects.
- Experienced and managed Oracle database partitioning (Range, List, Hash and Composite).
Oracle Database Administrator
- Patched and installed Oracle software.
- Supported and troubleshot to detect and correct problems.
- Setup brand new machines including Oracle software installation, Oracle side configuration, third party backup software troubleshooting and backup testing.
- Used incremental and full back up; Auto-backup with Job function.
- Fixed restore and backup errors.
- Experienced in working with DBMS automation scripts, and deploying scripts.
- Linux environment experience with Data guard.
- Was responsible for monitoring (alert log, memory, disk I/O, CPU, database network connectivity).
- Created different table spaces, tables, schemas, constraints to enforce business rules and users accounts.
- Performed daily database administration on production environments.
- Changed password for users, killing sessions, granted privileges, altered roles, and set alerts.
- Performed performance tuning.
- Used RMAN to backup database.
- Worked daily on incremental backup and weekly on full database backup.
- Used OEM to schedule backup.
- Handled disaster testing.
- Cloning and creating new databases using operating system commands.
- Managed and monitored direct database access security, data integrity, enforcing constraints, and database privileges.
- Configured and monitored the TNS/Listener using NetCA, NetMgr.
- Used DataPump to implement database refresh with the hot backup using DUPLICATE or full export.
- Used EXPORT/IMPORT to do table level and full database defragmentation.
- Executed Oracle 10g logical and physical databases design, implementation and maintenance on UNIX and NT.
- Performed tuning using the AWR, ADDM to guide tuning and maintain high database availability and reliability.
Machine Operational Supervisor
- Responsible for efficiently running track containing up to thirty laborers and machine operators.
- Responsible for maintaining line production and for adhering to company and government regulated standards for heightened efficiency as well as safety, quality assurance and environmental compliance.
- Knowledge of and full operational skills of all equipment within production department.
- Required to track and document all production efficiency, downtime and labor costs for the shifts’ run.