An Oracle Enterprise Business Specialist & Architect with 15 years of experience in designing databases and servers, specializing in implementation, migration & upgrades of EBiz suites (11i and R12 - Financials & HRMS) across multiple UNIX platforms (Sun Solaris, IBM-AIX and LINUX).
Confidential,MA (Lead Oracle Apps DBA) Since April 2010
Environment: Oracle Applications 11i and R12 Financials, HRMS (220.127.116.11 and 12.1.3), Oracle SSO, Oracle 11gR2, Oracle 10gR2, Oracle 9i, RHEL Linux 5, IBM-AIX 5.2, RAC, ASM.
I designed server architecture for builds, planned database upgrades & migrations, prepared technical document for the projects mentioned below. I was solely responsible for storage and capacity planning for servers, building environments, quarterly releases, and production support.
- Oracle EBS Suite R12 Upgrade Financials and HRMS – Designing storage configuration, server architecture, installing and upgrading Oracle database from 10gR2 to Oracle 11gR2 and EBS applications from 11i to R12 applications
- Replatform Oracle EBS Suite 11i Financials and HRMS - Evaluated and reconfigured Non ASM to ASM, optimized HA architecture, implemented Shared Apps Tier and load balancer configuration on a multi node system for a robust performance of Financials & HR System.
- SSO Implementation – Implementing Oracle SSO with EBS suite 11i
- Cross Platform migration EBS 11i– Migration from AIX to LINUX.
- DR Setup - Physical Standby Configurations for Oracle EBS suite 11i and other Oracle database system
- DR Testing - Performed a live DR testing with Failover and Failback processes on EBS suite 11i applications.
- Database Migration – Identified old versions and upgraded the databases to the latest.
Other Responsibilities: Implementing cross platform migrations, SSO implementation, DR configurations and setup on various oracle versions on RHEL Linux platforms, applying patches, cloning process, performance tuning and supporting Oracle EBS 11i Financials & HRMS suites for the company across the globe.
- Oracle EBS Suite 11i Refresh (Cloning) process automation.
- Mentor for SQL Server team members - Trained them on Oracle Database and EBS 11i to perform daily Oracle tasks. This has been a valuable contribution to the company by saving on recruitment time, effort and cost of new additional resources.
- DB Tech Professional Award
Confidential,USA (Sr Oracle Consultant) May 2004 – Feb’2010
Environment: Oracle Applications 11i Financials, HR and Payroll (18.104.22.168), Oracle 10gR2, Oracle Portal 10.1.2 IBM-AIX-5.2 and RH Linux 2.4, Oracle OEM Grid, Oracle Applications 11i (11.5.9), Oracle 9i and 10gR1, Oracle BPEL, Sun Solaris 5.10, 10gR2 RAC/ASM and Linux 5.1 and Oracle SSO (Single sign on)
Confidential,India, Mexico (Sr. Systems Analyst) April 2000 – March 2004
Environment: Oracle Applications HRMS and Financials 11i (11.5.5) (11.5.6) (11.5.9), Oracle 9i, Sun Solaris 8, Oracle Applications 11i (11.5.4) Oracle 8i, NT, Oracle Applications 11i (11.5.4) Oracle 8i, Sun Solaris 7, BroadVision One-to-One Enterprise, DCC, HTML, C++, Designer 2000
Confidential,India, (Sr. Software Engineer) August 1998 - March 2000
Clients Handled: Confidential,
Environment: Oracle 7.3, SCO UNIX, Pro*C, Replication Database (Oracle DDBMS), Oracle 8 and 8i Developer 2000 with Forms-5, Designer 2000
Confidential,OMAN (Programmer Analyst and DBA) August 1997 – June 1998
Environment: Digital Alpha Server Dec-2000, Digital UNIX 3.2, Oracle 7.2.3 with Forms 3.0, Dec Server 90 TL
Confidential,Chennai (Programmer Analyst) November 1995 – June 1997
Environment: Visual Basic 4.x, MS-Access 2.0, Crystal Reports, ORACLE 7.1 with Forms 3.0, UNIXEDUCATION:
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) specialized in Computer Systems
PGDCS (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science)
Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce