A responsible, dedicated IT professional with over 20 years of Oracle application and database experience. Principal strengths include experience in the lifecycle of software development and relational database design, development, implementation and maintenance. My strengths are exceptional analytical and problems solving skills.
- Oracle SQL MS Access Oracle eBusiness Suite r11
- Oracle PL/SQL MS Office Suite
- IBM COGNOS RS 10 UNIX Scripting
Confidential, Southfield, MI
Sr. Database Developer
- Tuned SQL statements at a code level to increase speed performance and decrease Input /Output requirements of a given query.
- This requires knowledge relating to basic Oracle architecture, varied access and table join methods and explain/execution plans used by the Oracle Optimizer.
- Worked with team engineers to collect user requirements to develop, test and implement new end - to-end performance metric reporting. This includes construction of PL/SQL packages, triggers, functions, procedures, tables, indexes, sequences and views, as well as UNIX shell scripts that would be used to execute them.
- Developed and implemented in Cognos reporting studio, multiple wireless services key performance metrics daily in a complex top down reporting structure. In addition with real-time hourly alerts and monitors.
- Self-motivated, on and off the clock hours, to learn Cognos strengths and weaknesses relating to report reusability and improving performance within one’s limited resources
Confidential, Sterling, VA
Sr. Application Developer Analyst
- Developed stand-alone modules with interfaces to Oracle e-Business. Provided functional and technical support to the end users.
- Completed a long term project to process inventory and sales order inbound and outbound transaction files between Oracle e-Business and ECS, a third party software. Responsible for all PL/SQL development activities including design, development, SQL tuning and unit testing of all enhancements, technical documentation and creation of internal email alerts, database packages, tables, indexes and triggers.
- Mentored junior developers in Oracle PL/SQL and UNIX scripting for custom interfaces with emphasis on program design, reusability and modularity complying with all internal development standards and procedures.
Application Developer Analyst
- Assisted in the implementation and support of Oracle Financials and upgrades.
- Provided technical development and functional training for internal staff during and post launching of Oracle e-Business.
- Implemented Accounts Payable and Purchasing modules including supporting the users, researching processes, training and providing technical support throughout the implementations.
- Wrote critical PL/SQL conversion processes for several internal Oracle Financial upgrades. In addition to developing data conversion programs for newly acquired companies and custom Daily duties included technical support and error resolution to users of the following modules Account Payables, Account Receivables, Purchasing, General Ledger, Project Accounting and a custom employee timecard application.
Application Database Administrator
- Developed the database schema of a managed healthcare application in a client/server environment
- Worked with the product development staff to create and maintain all databases needed for the development of managed healthcare software in a client/server environment Duties included creating databases with proper data file and table space configurations and installing software application database infrastructure.
- Implemented on-going database requirements for development and support staffs including creating and altering tables, expanding data files, activating foreign keys and check constraints.
- Directed and assisted team members in technical and functional areas.
- Provided level of effort estimates and weekly status reports of projects to management. Provided technical assistance for team members and new employees.
- Designed, developed, unit and system tested server-side processes written in ANSI C with embedded SQL in a UNIX environment.
- Increased overall system performance of C processes. Assisted in creating process definitions for software development conversions and interfaces.