- Sixteen+ years in software design, development, database administration, systems programming which includes working experience in DB2 for z/OS and DB2 for LUW
- Database administration: Twelve+ years in DB2 for z/OS, Seven+ years in DB2 UDB for LUW
- Systems Programming: Three+ years in DB2 for z/OS in data sharing and sysplex environment, installation and maintenance of ISV products
- Expert in database administration on DB2 for z/OS, DB2 for LUW
- Business knowledge of Insurance and Financial industries
- Extensive experience in leading teams and projects through project life - cycle
- Proven ability in providing robust solutions for business systems
- Consistently rated ‘Exceeding expectations’ of peers and colleagues
- Self-motivated, team player as well as can work independently to meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
Hardware: IBM zEnterprise, IBM System z9, IBM RS/6000, IBM-3090, IBM Power Systems
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, zLinux, AIX, z/OS, OS/390, MVS/ESA, z/VM, Windows-NT
DBMS: DB2 for LUW, DB2 for OS/390 and z/OS, IMS DB.
Languages: Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, VS COBOL II, JCL, SQL, PL/SQL, REXX, CLIST.
Tools: /Utilities: Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM),netbackup, Ignite for DB2, PLATINUM DB2 tools (CA unicenter DB2 Products), BMC DB2 Tools, BMCMainview,IBM Admin Tool, SMP/E, NetView, OMEGAMON, DB2 PM, QMF, SPUFI, ISPF/PDF, TSO, Changeman, Expeditor, IBM debug Tool,IBMFault,Analyzer, STROBE, File Aid, File Aid for DB2, ERwin, SAS, RMF, VSAM, IBM DB2 utilities, CDB DB2 utilities, IBM Data Propagator, Quest Central for DB2, Spot Light, Fog Light. Princeton Tools, IBM Data Studio, DB2 Query Monitor, Log analysis tool.
DB2 for z/OS DBA
- Responsible for implementing physical database from physical data model after reviewing data types, indexes and de-normalizing in case needed for better performance.
- Responsible for database object creation based on site standards for large scale OLTP and Data Warehouse Star Schema environment.
- Responsible for creating multiple test databases to support Applications Development in conversion, development, testing, training and education, as required and migrate to production.
- Experience working with large systems in data sharing sysplex environment
- Experience working with IBM Admin tool suite, Query Monitor, and Omegamon (DB2 PE)
- Responsible for space estimates and growth monitoring for tablespaces, indexes.
- Responsible for reviewing SQLs prior to production implementation to make sure access paths are selected and recommending necessary SQL tuning tips for better performance using Visual Explain and EXPLAIN tools. And documenting access path scenarios.
- In-depth knowledge of IBM DB2 utilities such as LOAD, UNLOAD, HPU, RUNSTAT, REORG, COPY, COPYTOCOPY, MERGECOPY, MODIFY, CHECKDATA, REPAIR, RECOVER and stand-alone utilities such as DSN1COPY, DSNJU004, DSN1COMP, DSN1PRNT.
- Responsible for developing good BACKUP and RECOVERY strategies to ensure the high availability and to minimum downtime.
- Responsible for regular housekeeping activities such as but not limited to REORG, RUNSTATS etc.
- Having extensive experience with maintaining large PARTITIONED TABLESPACEs.
- Having experience working in Data Warehouse Environment on z/OS.
- Extensive experience tuning the SQL in Star Schema environment.
- Having extensive experience with IBM Data Studio.
- Experienced coding SQL stored procedures.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Stored Procedures, Triggers, UDF and UDTs as per application area needs.
- Responsible for performance monitoring and tuning of DB2 applications.
- Initiated over all DB2 performance improvement projects in many organizations and saved tons of CPU seconds per year and interns reduce the overall software licensing cost.
- Reviewed DB2 performance statistics and trace data using Omegamon/DB2, DB2PE and BMC Activity Monitor. Also used Omegamon/CICS to identify CICS-related DB2 tuning problems.
- Resolved any Locking problems such as Time outs or Dead Locks issue that arise in test or production.
- Performed Index Analysis on multiple databases and have been rewarded with increased performance and throughput.
- Create and customize Rexx, CLIST tools for customers
- Having extensive experience in installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining DB2 Connect.
- Experience in installing, configuring and upgrading DB2 Client Software.
- Supported to Client/Server projects and/or web applications which requires assistance in accessing the mainframe data from ODBC compliant applications through DB2 Connect.
- Supported projects requiring distributed data access across multiple platforms and/or subsystems.
- Experienced to troubleshoot mainframe and distributed processing problems in a DB2 Connect Enterprise server environment.
- Trained the developers on how to run Explain and tune the quires.
DB2 for LUW DBA
- Strong experience in database administration of SAP/non SAP on DB2 UDB LUW Enterprise Server Edition version 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.1 on UNIX (AIX, Solaris, Linux) and Windows. Database Schema, designing and building Databases, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Experience in installing and configuration DB2 authentication with openLDAP and Transparent LDAP.
- Installed DB2 UDB Fix Paks and special builds on DB2 UDB Database to keep DB2 at most recent level.
- Created multiple DB2 instances and Database for Testing & Evaluation for Production.
- Installed and Configured DB2 UDB Client to enable Remote access for applications and Remote administration for Database. Created DB2 connections through application areas to connect DB2 Database.
- Installed and configured Quest Central, Spotlight and Foglight DB2 administration and Monitoring Tools.
- Set up DB2 HADR to provide High Availability solution in zLinux DB2 UDB environment. Used Linux HA to automate the failover process.
- Configured database for optimal performance and developed backup and recovery strategies.
- Installed several monitoring tools like Quest Central, Foglight.
- Installed DB2 performance expert tool and configured it to send alerts for several exceptions.
- Experienced with Tivoli System Automation for Linux and High Availability Cluster Multi-Processing for AIX clustering software.
- Installed, configured and setup TSAMP in a shared disk and HADR environment to make DB2 server highly available.
- Experience with High Availability Feature (HA) in V9.5.
- Experience using db2haicu to configure and administer highly available database in a clustered environments.
- Experience in setting up HADR and HACMP in a DB2 environment,implemented the automatic client reroute feature of the HADR.
- Performed DB2 UDB Fix Pak upgrades for DB2 UDB Database on AIX, Linux, zLinux platforms in Testing & Evaluation.
- Creation of instance and database.
- Configuration and Tuning of Database Manager and Database parameters.
- Used db2move utility to move tables from one environment to another.
- Used db2relocatedb to rename a database and also to change the dbpath.
- Used db2look to extract DDL and also used the statistics option to propagate the same to other environments
- Data maintenance activities like REORG, RUNSTATS, LOAD, IMPORT and EXPORT
- Participated in Database server configuration for large Database with Unix, Storage, Network, Netbackup, Application Teams and IBM.
- Designed SMS and DMS tablespaces for optimal performance. Worked on filesystem caching and multipage allocation to enhance the performance.
- Designed the backup strategy and high availability scenarios for various projects.
- Configured databases to send database backups and archive logs to TSM. Extraction and verification of backups using db2adutl utility.
- Created script to send Database backups and archive log files to tape from disk using Netbackup Client. Also, worked with Netbackup for DB2 Agent to perform backup/archive to tape directly.
- Performed Database recovery (including redirected restore) in production environment to resolve storage issues. Documented the recovery process, so that it can be used again.
- Trouble shooting skills using nmon, top, topas, vmstat and db2top and db2pd utilities
- Performance tuning of complex queries, registry setting and database configurations
- Experience with workload analysis, characterization, tuning, and performance management
- Experience with system benchmarking and capacity planning
- Experience using event monitors, db2advis and db2 explain, db2pd and snapshots to monitor and performance tune
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of scripts required for regular tasks such as backup, reorg, runstats etc.,
- Involved in data migration from DB2 for OS/390 to DB2 UDB
- Hands on experience with IBM Administration Tools, Monitoring Tools and Development Tools ( Control Center, Journal, Task Center, Development Center, Replication Center, Activity Monitor, Event Analyzer and Health Center).
- Hands on experience with Quest Central, Stop light and Fog light for DB2.
DB2 Systems Programmer
- I served as DB2 Systems Programmer at Nationwide Insurance, Wipro Technologies and DST Worldwide services companies. Worked in a environment that has 4 Data Sharing groups with two way data sharing (12 DB2 subsystems) in test running on two LPARs and 3 Data Sharing groups with two way data sharing (9 DB2 subsystems) in production running on two LPARs.
- Installation and maintenance of DB2 for z/OS V7, V8 using SMP/E and supported V9 at DB2 data sharing sites.
- Install, customize and maintain DB2 third party tools such as Platinum DB2 Tools suite, CDB utilities suite.
- Created IVP process to verify each DB2 subsystem is working properly
- Create and maintain DB2 disaster recovery (DR) scripts, participate in DR tests.
- DB2 subsystem monitoring and tuning (zparms, bufferpools, logs).
- Troubleshot DB2 system related problems using Omegamon/DB2. Researched problems, worked with IBM support and applied PTFs to correct many of them.
- Setup DB2 WLM Stored procedure environment.
- Generation of regular performance reports using monitoring tools and ad-hoc reports using SAS.
- Work closely with application DBAs and application developers with DB2 related issues and mentor them in using new features of DB2.
- Acted as a project liaison for many mission critical projects involving various business units.
- Setup the regular housekeeping jobs such as REORG, IMAGECOPY on DB2 catalog and directory tablespaces.
- Converted archive logs to DASD and Catalog and Directory to SMS managed.
- Installation and maintenance of QMF.
- Developed/documented a standardized SMP/E maintenance process for cloning zones, applying maintenance, and rolling out upgrades.
- 24x7 oncall support.
Technical Lead/ On-site Coordinator
- Design and development of integrating COPICS/FOPICS systems.
- Preparing functional specifications, test plan and co-ordination with offshore team in completing the work.
- Major contribution in the following integration work. Data migration from FOPICS to COPICS;Plant Designation and Pooling;Material Transfer;Safety Stock;Bar code printing;Bill of Material transactions.
- Year 2000 time machine testing: was involved in data ageing and testing the whole COPICS application for year 2000 compliance.
- Migration of old FOPICS data: FOPICS data was migrated to ORACLE database and a web based application was built as a front-end. Involved in designing ORACLE database and loading data into ORACLE tables.
- Work involved handling user calls directly without any support from GE consultants.
- Design, develop and service enhancement requests € sending most of the programming work to offshore
- Fix production bugs with 24 X 7 support.
- Was involved in major enhancements to Bill of Material module.
- Was involved in design and development of a few SYBASE to CICS gateway transactions.Was involved in making major enhancements to the daily and weekly extracts processes to SYABASE.
- Was involved in designing and developing a single screen for Shop Order release process which combined about ten different screens.
- Was involved in Project Management activities € providing project metrics (like Service Level Agreement Report, etc) to GE Contract manager on a weekly basis.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Analysis, Coding, Testing and Maintenance of DB2, IMS, CICS, COBOL programs.
- Collecting user requirements and preparation of specifications.
- Test plan preparation, unit testing and system testing.
- Responsible for data conversion from IMS to DB2.
- Supporting the onsite team from offshore team by serving the maintenance requests.
- Production support that includes analysis of JCL abends, Transaction abends and resolving them within the predefined time.
- Y2K analysis and reviewing the Work.
- I have also supported 24x7 mainframe system production on call.
- Implementing enhancements to existing mainframe applications.