Accomplished Oracle - Certified Database Administrator with expertise in performance tuning, crisis management, and high availability to increase reliability, maximize productivity, and introduce system efficiencies.
Oracle: 9i, 10g, 11g, and 12c Installation, Patching, Maintenance, Administration
Windows System: Support
Unix/Linux: Support, Installation, Patching, Maintenance
RMAN: Backup and Recovery strategies, Implementation, Testing
Nagios Core: Monitoring, Installation, Configuration, Testing
Nagios QL: Installation, Configuration, Implementation with Nagios Core
Oracle Database Administration & Technical Consultant
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Provided Oracle database support including installation, patching and maintenance, performance tuning, as well as coordination of opening and maintaining service request progress in connection with Oracle Support.
- Provided Windows System support.
- Provided Linux Support including installation, patching and maintenance.
- Coordinated implementation strategies; configuration and testing for backup and recovery of Oracle databases including testing database recovery integrity utilizing RMAN.
- Collaborated with team to determine adequate hardware sizing and appropriateness assessments.
- Collaborated with team to determine appropriate database architecture and implementation.
- Collaborated with team to determine appropriate data conversions, as well as, action plan to convert data.
- Collaborated with team regarding virtualization assessments and implementation.
- Completed Nagios Core monitoring installation, configuration, and administration to include the installation, configuration and use of the Nagios QL configuration tool.
- Documented processes and created instructional documentation for use by technical users and end users for many RMAN, Oracle, and Nagios based tasks.
- Resolved customer issues by establishing workarounds and solutions and by debugging and creating defect fixes.
Technical Consultant Intern
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Provided Windows and Unix/Linux System support, installation, patching, and maintenance.
- Delivered System and Database support for Managed Services Customers.
- Supported House of Brick internal and hosting environments.
- Reviewed and enhanced House of Brick standard technical procedures.
- Completed technical documentation.
- Performed administrative tasks.
- Designed an addition to existing relational database for purposes of asset management.
- Reviewed and compared technical tools to enhance efficiency of client services.