SKILLS: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle RAC, Oracle OEM, MS - SQL Server 2005, 2008Sybase 10.x, 11.x, 12.5 ASE, Sybase Replication, MySQL 5.x, T-SQL and PL/SQL programmingLinux shell scripting, C/C++ and CGI/PERL programming.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE AND WORK HISTORY:
Sr. ORACLE DBA
Confidential, Columbia, Maryland
- Working as ORACLE Production/Development DBA for Social Security Administration project consisting of ORACLE 10G and 11G and MySQL on Windows Server and Red Hat Linux platforms.
- Setup, installation, configuration and maintenance of ORACLE 11G running with ORACLE RAC and ORACLE Data Guard setup in a Standby Disaster Recovery mode. Installation and configuration
- Oracle RAC and ORACLE OEM, database physical and logical standbys, database alerts, metrics collection and database thresholds for daily database performance and analysis and diagnostics.
Confidential, Wash., DC
- Working as Development Database Administrator/Architect for HUD’s REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center)
- RDBMS and Data Warehouse/OLTP project consisting of ORACLE 9I/10G and MS-SQL 2000/2005 on SUN Solaris UNIX, Linux and Windows Advanced Server platforms.
- Daily tasks included analysis of statspack/ADDM/AWR/ASH, tuning of poorly written PLSQL and ad-hoc queries. Used ORACLE techniques such as audit trail, SQL-TRACEORACLE’s Explain Plan and DB tools like TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Other functions including ETL(Informatica) support, stored XML documents, PL/SQL Analytic coding and optimization, data migration from SYBASE to ORACLE and proficient using
- ORACLE export/import and SQL Loader.
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Successfully completed a 6 months AOL’s Parental Control database configuration served as SYBASE Production DBA with tasks of designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhance databases systems on SYBASE ASE 12.x for AOL Core business applications.
- Major tasks including bi-directional replication servers setup and tuning, data servers
- UNIX host configurations and SQL coding, all encompass the production support efforts.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Serving as SYBASE Application DBA on SYBASE ASE 12.x and performing production support for critical production database activities.
- Working with business users/software developers in performance and troubleshooting issues such as tuning SQL, deadlock/contention concerns, table layouts, index and tables keys strategies, stored procedures and triggers optimization.
- Also functions as data modeler and data analyst using ERStudio modeling tool.
Senior Software Engineer
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Served as Sr. DBA with responsibilities of installation, configuration, maintenance and performance tuning of multiple ORACLE 8i and MS-SQL 2000 RDBMS running on multiple SUN Solaris UNIX OS.
- Database Developer tasks including stored procedures, triggers and
- SQL coding, UNIX shell scripts and application performance tuning using
- T-SQL and PL/SQL.
- Senior SW Engineer, Consulting on-site for FCC at Washington DC
- Main task included working on SYBASE 11.x Replication Systems, such as configuring, administration and maintenance of SYBASE Replication Servers.
- Other Replication systems tasks involved subscription materializationrecovery from failure, warm-standby configuration for a distributed
- FCC License systems.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Principal Software Engineer
- Served as senior database engineer with a VLDB project
- Database roles and duties included database administration, analysis, designs and implementation of data warehouse and OLTP/OLAP using SYBASE System 11.x enterprise-wide database servers running on Digital Unix and SUN Solaris Unix platforms.
- Also, worked on SYBASE Replication Servers, DirectConnect gateway servers to
- ORACLE and SYBASE’s web.sql products using CGI, HTML, PERL(DBI) and JAVA.
Confidential, Wash. DC
Senior Systems Analyst
- Was responsible for OOA/OOD and implementation for an export tracking and reporting systems, utilizing SYBASE Open Server API, MS-SQL DB-LibC/C++ and Borland OWL Framework.
- Designed and developed the client-side front-end and MSSQL 7 Server back-end for a second export subsystemutilizing Visual Basic, DAO, RDO, VB-SQL and MS-SQL T-SQL, user-defined functions and stored procedures. These systems were developed and ported onto
- Windows NT and IBM-AIX/UNIX platforms.