Senior Oracle and noSql (MongoDB) Database Administrator, Solution Architect and Technical Project manager possessing 5+ years of IT industry experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY:
- Oracle 12.2 / 11.2..3. x / 18.104.22.168.x Internals
- Oracle/Mongo DB operations
- Data Modeling
- Database Design
- Performance Tuning
- Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Database troubleshooting
- Analytical skills
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Senior Database Administrator (Oracle and Mongo DB)
- Architected an Confidential internal ETL solution called Broker Content Extract.
- Supported product improvements, enhancements and initiatives.
- Managed key database migration projects from 10g to 11g with Oracle TDE (Transparent Data Encryption) and most recently into Oracle 12c.
- Implemented High Availability solution for Agency Products such as BenefitPoint using Oracle Standby / Oracle cold cluster methodology (OCC) during data center move project.
- Installed new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and tools and Quarterly Oracle PSU Patching.
- Performed the capacity planning of system resources to support database growth and ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Planned and implemented backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Provided metrics, trend analysis, and recommendations to management team to enable the management team to make informed decisions regarding resource management and performance reporting of database operations against the key database performance metrics
- Design and develop solutions for security and enforced security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Troubleshoot databases, applications and development tools and develop Self - Service tools that enable DevOps teams to troubleshoot and maintain performance
- Consults with development and test teams around best practices for storage efficiency and performance and Investigate and provide thought leadership into leveraging cloud-based solutions
- Worked on architecting and implementing Confidential Agency content (image) management system (CMS) on MongoDB with the help of development, deployment and hosting teams.
- Installation of Mongo software 2.9 through 3.4 versions and setting up of Mongo replicaSets with 3 node architecture and mongo version upgrades.
- Creation of MongoDB databases per Dev requirements and support Monthly Database Deployments.
- Monitor databases using Mongo MMS cloud service and setup MongoDB backups using MongoDB cloud backup service and Mongodump and MongoRestore to schedule nightly refreshes to lower environments.
- Restore the Production DB into Test / QA when requested by Dev Teams and help troubleshoot the data/system issues in Production DB.
- Lead the MongoDB related technical work and provided technical guidance to various teams.
- Identified technical issues, challenges and come up with solutions.
- Analyzed existing solutions and work on app design.
- Worked on MongoDB Sharding, Index Tuning and Performance Tuning.
- Mongo Ops Manager and Mongo Atlas for cluster deployment on cloud and Automating repetitive tasks using shell scripting.
- Develop Mongo DBA SOP for DBA on-call purposes.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Sr. Database Administrator / Consultant
- Managed Database migrations and Database modernization at Boeing company.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Sr. Systems Analyst (IT) / Sr. Database Administrator
- Production DBA Support and DBA Primary Point of contact for a number of 24x7 Large Oracle Database environments with terabytes of data including Wireless Billing, B2B online website and Data Warehouse systems on Sun-Solaris / HP-UX / Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 / Oracle11gR2 and RAC / Oracle10g RAC / Oracle 10g.
- Performed various database administration duties such as
- Space monitoring and Tuning Storage parameters and Database capacity planning.
- Monitor and administer User processes using UNIX scripts and OEM grid control.
- Pro-active database session monitoring.
- 24x7 Production DBA on-call support and timely resolution of severity tickets.
- Oracle software installation, Database creation.
- Plan and implement Oracle Software version and Database upgrades.
- Research, plan, communicate and help implement, track various oracle database initiatives across DBA team.
- Evaluate, Document, Implement and present new oracle features and implementation guidelines to the team.
- Performance tuning and backup administration.
- Experience working with the following compliance standards: Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, PCI audits.