- An experienced certified Oracle Database Administrator with a demonstrated working history in the IT industry for over 7 years.
- Proficient in Oracle 11g database administration and system analysis within a multifaceted environment.
- Possess exceptional communication and organization skills with an eye for details.
- Additional experience includes project management.
- A good team player, quick learner and committed to achieving best practices.
- Remarkable attention - to-detail skills with the ability to coordinate multiple activities; determine and analyze problems and implement corrective actions.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Oracle Installation, Configuration & Administration
- Database Upgrade and Migration
- Backup and recovery using Data pump and RMAN
- OMS Grid Installation & Administration
- Application Support
- Incident, Problem & Change Management
- Oracle Database Administration, SQL Server exposure
- Monitoring and Performance tuning using OEM/Grid Control/Manual
- Database integrity and Advanced security implementations
- Oracle High Availability involving Oracle RAC, and Data Guard
Database: Oracle 10g and 11g R2 RDBMS
OS Platforms: Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-AIX
Backup tools: RMAN, SQL Plus
HA Solutions: RAC, Data Guard, ASM
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Performed Oracle Database LifeCycle Management (LCM) tasks that included migrations, patching, upgrades, automation and decommissioning legacy databases.
- Upgraded databases from 10g, 11g to 12c (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) by doing either in place upgrades for dedicated databases or migrations for shared databases.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g software on AIX / UNIX / LINUX operating systems.
- Applied Oracle quarterly patches of the current PSU version to non-RAC and RAC configured databases.
- Performed data and metadata transfer from legacy servers to newly installed servers using Data Pump.
- Implemented Oracle Database advanced security practices such as Virtual Database Privacy, TDE and Data Masking.
- Worked on on-call and queue manager roles as part of the DBA team.
- Configured and managed standby databases using Data Guard.
- Performed SQL tuning using tools such as SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Trace, ASH, AWR, and Explain Plan.
- Built and configured RMAN Recovery Catalog for Backup and Recovery strategy.
- Cloned production databases as needed for testing, development using RMAN and Grid Control.
- Managed database security by creating and assigning appropriate roles and privileges to users depending on the user activity.
IT Project Manager
- Planned and Implemented Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability using RAC and Data Guard.
- Planned and implemented the configuration and installation of OEM for monitoring of production databases.
- Planned and executed database refreshes/cloning using RMAN, and migrating databases across different servers for dev or test purposes using Data Pump.
- Scheduling and taking part in project planning meetings to establish SLAs with backup strategies; and in executing this using RMAN/OEM.
- Day to day management of project resourcing requirements.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle utilities, DBA tools and UNIX scripting.
- Used Oracle Diagnostics tools like Explain Plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, AWR to analyze timing and execution plan for tuning. Also used TOP, VMSTATS, SAR to understand the impact on memory and CPU by processes.
- Acted as first point of contact to customers responsible for handling all the incidents on related databases.
- Responsible for producing and managing project plans in line with agreed project delivery timescales and budget.
- Responsible for the creation, tracking, updating of project and resourcing reporting documentations.
- Worked independently, but also provided support to the Programme Manager when required.
- Mentored junior DBAs and managed engineers to establish and meet technical needs of projects, and also developed SOP’s for daily administration and project support.
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g/11g servers and created of databases in UNIX, Linux and windows environments.
- Planned and scheduled Backup/Recovery Strategy; took Logical Backups (with Export/Import Data pump utilities).
- Created primary objects (tables, views, indexes, synonyms, procedures, functions and triggers) to help application developers with the application design.
- Performed database security and user administration via roles, profile, privilege, synonyms and auditing.
- Performed data transfer using Export/Import and Data pump.
- Performance tuning.
- Provided capacity planning, tuning and administration support to application development efforts in Broadvision and PeopleSoft. Goals achieved ranged from I/O minimization, improved hit ratios, contention reduction, high database availability etc.
- Designed, tested, implemented and documented database migration procedures involving the use of the export/import and migration utilities.
- Used Tablespace Manager, Oracle Expert and STATSPACK to monitor performance bottlenecks, database response time, instance workload and operating system resource usage.
- Maintained record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.