Seasoned IT professional with comprehensive business/technical skill set. Proficient problem - solver who envisions business and technical perspectives to develop workable solutions. Motivated achiever who guides organizations in applying technology to business settings, provides added value, and creates project deliverables in a timely manner.
Hardware: IP systems, PC'X & compatibles, HP 9000 & 6000 Unix servers, RS6000, 9000 AIX Unix, SP, Netfinity 5500, 7000, AS 400, Firewalls, NT Netservers S/133LC, Tandem VA & VM systems, Stratus Systems, 4680/5170 POS, Altar S/130, Gateway 2000 P5-133, Network & Token Ring Cards, Modem-GDC & Hayes, US Robotics (analog & digital),Tape backup units - SCSI, Tecmar Data Vault 4000, Wang 7310, 5000 & 2219, Laser Printer-HP 4's & 5's, Confidential 's,Wang's Epson, Bell & Howell scanners & Replexers, Routers-Cisco 2500.
Software: Windows 95/98/2000,XP, Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, OS/2 Warp 4.0, AIX Unix, HP Unix v9.0/10, Sun Solaris Unix, Linux, DB2 Universal Database v. 2.1 - 7.2, DB2 Intelligent Miner v6.1, Oracle 7, 8, CICS, MVS XA, VM Vax, Wang VS, HP Openview, Netview, NT Server & Workstation, Novell Netware 3.12/4.11, Netfinity, Lotus Notes 4.5, Lotus Notes Pro R.9, Office 97, 98, Word 6.0/7.0, Word Perfect 5.1/6.1, Excel 4.0/7.0, Access 4.0/7.0, Lotus 123, Power Point 6.0/7.0, File Maker Pro, Netscape Navigator 2.0/3.1 Lotus CC Mail 2.0/7.0, Exchange 5.1, Outlook 7.0, Support Magic, Remedy, Harvard Graphics, QuickBooks Pro, FaxWorks, Pro Com, Timbuktu Pro 1.4, Visual Fox Pro v3.0, Html, CGI Perl.
Systems: Novell 3.12/4.1, Windows NT, Windows 2000/98/95, ME, XP, Windows 3.11, OS/2 Warp 4.0, AIX Unix, Linux, HP UNIX v9.0/10, Sun Solaris Unix environments.
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, HOSTS, TCP/IP, IPX-SPX, SNMP, VPN, FTP
SR. DB2 DBA/ CIRATS LEAD ADMIN
- Responsibilities include technical and functional ownership of db2 code and support protocols, driving issue resolution, root cause analysis, code upgrades and migrations and coordination with Business and IT teams. Working with global teams across multiple time zone and leading the team to provide steady state support for critical financial, health and service applications.
- Provide technical direction to the team, lead implementations, root cause analysis and focus on continuous improvements (preventive and perfective maintenance).
- Provide regular, clear and accurate communication to management team on critical issue status, next steps, trend analysis and recommendations to improve production environment.
- Take a proactive approach to long term support to ensure system reliability and stability for our business partners and clients.
- Lead for the Compliance, Issue, Risk and APAR (Authorized Program Analysis Report) Tracking System ( Confidential ) manager tool.
- Focal point for all aspects concerning CIRATS records management for technical teams.
- Taking any necessary actions to maintain and reinforce the quality of these operational contacts.
- Assuming the leadership and the operational responsibility for the CIRATS records under his/her responsibility.
- Participating in service status meetings of the delivery organization as well as supporting the service owners and Delivery Project Executives in terms of non-compliance issues management. Providing information and analysis related to the compliance of the services delivered to customer.
- Raising requirements to the relevant delivery organization functions in order to improve audit and compliance posture.
- Providing the service manager and Confidential 's with the reports on issues status.
- Participating in customer meetings upon the service manager or Confidential request.
- Manage execution of issue & APAR management process.
- Experience in various aspects of of database support including performance monitoring, database partitioning, maintenance, query analysis, optimization, backup and recovery, replication and migration and production support of critical HADR and data warehouse environments.
- Build, manage and administration of database environments.
- Perform database rollouts, releases, upgrades and/or application performance management projects. Identify, troubleshoot and resolve database problems.
- Skillful in performing OS (AIX, HPUX, Linux, Windows) activities which are related to database.
- Service Now application support for various accounts.
- Monitoring & troubleshooting databases, alerts, backups and performance issues.
- InfoSphere, DataStage, Quality Stage, Information Analyzer, DB2 ESE, DB2 Connect ESE, DB2 Personal Edition, DB2 Workgroup Server Edition, WebSphere MQ, DB2 Developers Universal Edition, DB2 Warehouse Manager, DB2 Data Management Tools, DB2 UDB EEE, DB2 Query Patroller, DB2 Content Manager, DB2 Business Intelligence, Oracle/Sybase, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, CICS and Communication Manager package on multiple platforms including Solaris, OS/2, Windows NT/2000, Linux, and AIX. DB2 Fixpacks & Apars, Administration Client, Run Time Client, DB2 Connect, DB2 Content Manager, Cognos Business Intelligence, Confidential Developer Kit, Java Technology, Distributed Debugger for Java Stored Procedures, Audio, Image, and Video Extenders, WebSphere Studio Site Developer Advanced, WebSphere MQ, QMF for Windows, Data Management Tools.
DB2 DBA /LDAP Server Support
- Providing high quality services to our customers in the areas of DB2 Universal Database, InfoSphere, DB2 Purescale, Oracle, SQL, Tivoli Storage Manager. Performance tuning, backups, recovery, scripting, replication, installations and customizations of database software releases for DB2 ESE Version 7, 8.2 and 9.5, 9.7, 10 for Linux, Unix, Windows, OS/390, AS/400.
- Manage multiple projects clients in production, staging and development environment.
- Optimize & maintain database performance and backup schedules using TSM, offline, online, incremental, redirected restores, SQLscripting.
- DB2 Performance tuning both system and database management of DB and DBM configuration. Analyzing queries both Adhoc and Online and provide trace and log analysis. DB2 Loads, db2look, db2move, db2 health checks, management of indexes, views, tables, tablespaces, store procedures, runstats, reorgs, dasd, SAN etc.
- Experience in installing, restoring and managing systems, databases, tables and indexes and multiple instances of DB2. Knowledge of QReplication. Back up and restoring multi-terabyte warehouse systems. Troubleshooting point-in-time recovery procedures.
- HADR, HACMP implementation for disaster recovery and upgrade schedules on the following operating systems Linux, Unix, Windows and SAP environments.
- Disaster recovery planning and execution, knowledge of clustering, Replication,
- DBA Design. Writing & executing UNIX based automation scripts (Perl, ksh, bash etc). Knowledge of UNIX based DB2 tools and utilities and Tivoli Storage Manager and WebSphere. Certified AIX administrator with the ability to diagnose and resolve software issues.
- Run CLI, DB2, JDBC traces on all DB2 Clients and Connects, Explain, db2advis,
- Db2exfmt, db2expln, reorgchk, reorg, runstats, db2rbind.
- HACMP-Create fail over disaster recovery procedures.
- Test and evaluate new software products in test regions and cut over to production environment.
- Write Help Desk manuals, LAN Administration, DB2 installation documentation.
- Provide recommendations for upgrade of server hardware and software.
- Monitor/tune and upgrade servers, manage DASD space on the DB2 Client and
- Connect servers on the instance directory. Establish DB2 database security follow ITCS104 guide line. Perform problem determination using Maximo tool and provide technical support.
Tools: ISM Maximo, DB2 Control Center, DB2 Health Center, Netfinity, PCAnywhere Remote Desktop Connection, Vmware, Carbon Copy, Telnet, Exceed, SSH, FTP, topas, vmstat, iostat to install & monitor tasks. Apply fixpacks and special fixes on DB2 Client (CAE), DB2 UDB and DB2 Connect, Oracle and MS SQL. Perform software migration from one version to another. Create and update instances, catalogs, databases execute load, delete and backups. Provide database recovery, table maintenance and user access services. Problem determination and resolution to DB2 server and application related functions. Assist Project Manager with project plan that involve DB2 tasks.
IT Technical Support/Finance/Human Resources /Producer
- Provide network administration on a Novell 4.11 & 3.11 network.
- Windows NT desktop support including MS Office suite & CCMail.
- Network support on Microsoft Office 97 & 98, QuickBooks, File Maker Pro.
- Manage the Finance and HR duties which included payroll scheduling.
- Coordinate diplomatic affairs for both business & social events and serve a liaison to diplomats and members of the clergy.
- Produced weekly programs on VH1 & BET networks.
- Provide technical support to end users using NT 3.51/4.0 & Novell 4.0.
- Resetting & Synchronizing user accounts on the domain using User Manager 4.0 Domains and Novell Syscon Utilities.
- Remote access using TCP/IP packages such as Timbuktu Pro 1.4 for networks.
- MS Office, Exchange mail with Outlook client, CCMail, Netscape.
- Problem tracking using Support Magic & Remedy AR system.
Sr. Systems Administrator/Technical Support
- Sr. Administrator supporting the HP 9000 & NT 3.51 servers.
- Experience to include adding & resetting user accounts, created shell scripts for monitoring of servers.
- Ran jobs for servers updates and insured the connectivity of communication links using TCP/IP in HP Openview.
- Maintained LAN & Wan connections that include hubs, switches & Cisco routers.
- Supervised nightly operations department. Installed & set up servers, tuned systems, user maintenance, internet connectivity & problem tracking.
Applications Support Analyst
- Applications support to the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) & New York
- Stock Exchange (NYSE) using UNIX Sun Solaris, Tandem Vax & Stratus System.
- Duties included startup/shutdown procedures, disk partitioning, logical volume & disk space management, Adding users & firms to databases, monitoring job queues.
LAN Administrator/Technical Support
- Administrator to a multi-user computing facility using AIX UNIX RS 6000,
- Wang 7310, 5000 & 2219 & Confidential OS/2.
- Issued, reset and cataloged new user accounts, supported file sharing.
- Monitored and maintained daily backups and data security.
- Provided support for internal and external contacts.
- Support Microsoft Office products and all in house applications for the Finance &
- Marketing departments.