- Innovative and experienced Big Data Architect with deep knowledge of Big Data technologies and how they can be best implemented to create new business products or help with various data management tasks.
- I am an expert in Big Data technologies ( machine learning; Hadoop/Spark, Impala, Kafka; Google technologies ); relational, object oriented theories; database modeling, data integration; various database management systems; OLAP and data mining tools.
- My technical skills include machine learning, advanced analytics, database design, enterprise architecture, business intelligence, data profiling, data quality ( design, metrics, governance ), data mapping/ETL, data mining, migration and conversion, as well as deep understanding of currently available data management software products.
- I have practical domain knowledge and experience in financial industry, retail, manufacturing and other domains.
- My strengths include clear thinking, articulate communication and presentation of ideas, concepts and recommendations to management and colleagues. I am a team player who understands and is an active part in taking projects to the next level by increasing synergy between all stakeholders.
Tools: advanced/predictive analytics and statistics, data science, Big Data, machine learning; theoretical data management foundations, methodologies, frameworks, relational theory, RDBMS architectural principles;Visio, Erwin, ER/Studio, Power Designer, Oracle Designer; SQL, UNIX, Oracle, DB2, MPP, columnar, in - memory databases; Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, SAP Hana, AWS; Informatica, ODI; SAP Business Objects, Tableau, OBIEE; SPSS, R
Big Data/Cloud Architect
- I established Big Data Architecture and Framework, designed solutions and helped implementation for multiple parallel initiatives supporting various lines of business and use cases.
- Common theme for all projects is that they are operating on massive volumes of diverse data ( unstructured, structured ) and are implemented on heterogeneous MPP platforms with an emphasis on Hadoop stack and related open source projects like Spark, Impala, Solr, Tesseract etc.
- Some of projects for which I played major role in initiating, designing, implementation or solution evaluation are: data archiving, document storage and search, streaming data analysis, stock market portfolio analysis etc. Technological platform consisted of Cloudera Hadoop stack ( HDFS, YARN, Hive, Impala, Spark, Solr ), Oracle Exadata, Teradata, Netezza, various Hadoop/RDBMS connectors ( Sqoop, Oracle/Teradata Connectors ), distributed query engines with push-down processing ( Oracle Big Data SQL ).
- I evaluated open source projects ( Spark, Kafka ), disciplines ( machine learning, advanced analytics ), Hadoop distributions ( Hortonworks, MapR ), products ( WanDisco, WebAction, Nutanix ).
- I worked on enhancing enterprise readiness of Hadoop platform - security ( Kerberos ); HA features for various components; replication between data centers; backup/restore.
Hadoop/Big Data /BI Architect, Team Lead, Consultant
- Designed and administered large scale ( 60 node ) Cloudera Hadoop cluster ( installation, performance tuning, optimization, ETL integration with legacy systems ).
- Managed and developed solutions using Hadoop related tools and methods - Hive, Pig, HBase, Map Reduce.
- I worked closely with business stakeholders to define requirements, conduct system and process flow analysis in order to design conceptual, logical and physical data storage, processing, integration and retrieval methods.
- I provided architectural guidelines that served as a baseline for evaluation of various data management products and tools ( AWS Cloud, MPP, columnar, in-memory databases - Vertica, SAP HANA ).
- I designed reference architecture for enterprise data warehouse and data marts to provide data sources for status dashboards.
- Gathered and analyzed large data sets from various sources, developed and implemented descriptive and predictive models that discovered trends and drove new product development.
Database/Data Architect, Lead, Consultant
- I created logical and physical data models for various subject areas ( billing, data warehouse ).
- Designed database integration solutions, ETL processes to bring together data coming from various sources ( production OLTP databases, legacy ).
- Developed blueprint for transition from DW to data appliance technology ( Netezza ).
- Worked with business teams to deliver data requirements.
- Created mapping documents and final set of requirements.
Database /Data Architect/Lead, Consultant
- Performed systems analysis.
- Developed Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models for call level details data mart.
- Developed additional data structures for Business Objects tool. Enterprise Conceptual, Logical Model s; ODS design; Data Warehouse, Data M art Physical Models .
Database/Data Architect, Consultant
- I peformed logical and physical database design for tax/property valuation system.
- I designed and developed ETL modules for data migration from legacy mainframe system.
- Designed solution for temporal snapshots of property data.
Database Architect/ Lead Oracle DBA, Consultant
- Lead DBA for Technical Architecture group I performed requirement analysis, replication setup.
- Evaluated new technical features.
- I configured and deployed advanced security option.
- I planned and performed upgrade/migration from Oracle 8i to 9i.
Database Architect/ Senior Oracle DBA, Consultant
- I performed requirements analysis for web-enabled data mart project.
- Designed ETL process for data sourcing from legacy database.
- Provided developer support for specialized SQL statements.
Senior Oracle DBA, Consultant
Confidential, Mountain View, California
- I provided production DBA support in fast paced Silicon Valley culture ( standby database creation and maintenance, performance tuning, database replication ( materialized views, multimaster replication); shell scripting as well as database migration to highly available environment.
Senior Oracle DBA, Consultant
- I created multimaster replication setup; implemented conflict resolution, notification methods.
- I performed performance tuning, monitoring and developed object oriented database design using UML method