- Overall 8 years of IT experience as an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) on Operating Systems such as linux and HP unix production and development environments.
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle 10g &11g on different operating systems for OLTP & Data Warehouse environments for Very Large Databases (VLDB).
- Experience in RAC - Installed cluster on ASM environment and created the RAC database
- Database DC migration and upgrades11g, apply patches.
- Experience in Backup & Recovery techniques
- Monitoring and optimizing the Database Performances through Database Tuning, System Tuning, Application Tuning.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Oracle Standby Database Server.
- Experience in Oracle Export, Import, data pump, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus
- Performance Tuning of Database by optimizing SQL and PL/SQL scripts, SGA tuning and tuning of initialization parameters using OEM, AWR reports etc.
- Experience in backup and restore using RMAN.
- Setup Standby Databases for Disaster Recovery.
- Worked with development and operations team and resolved problems quickly and efficiently.
- Installed and configured of Goldengate on 11g database for the bi-directional replication
- Resolved the issues in conflict between the target and source database in Goldengate
- Used Goldengate to Upgrade 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- Managed day-to-day production databases. Involved in database reorganization, space management
- Experience in implementing schema changes on production.
- Seasoned experience with UNIX and shell scripting.
- Experience working in large database environments (8TB).
- Cloned the databases for testing purpose from production.
- Refreshed development and test databases using production database backups.
Operating Systems: Linux and HP UX
GUIs & Languages: SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL
Others: Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM). Shell Scripting, TOAD, Logminer, Dataguard, ASM, Tkprof, Sql trace, RecoveryManager (RMAN), Golden Gate
Confidential, New York
Sr. Oracle Database administrator
- Troubleshooting and providing support for the production environment for Oracle databases.
- Providing on call support on a rotation basis for all production servers.
- Involving in Data guard setup for Disaster Recovery.
- Refresh development, QA environments from production server.
- Migrating codes on all the environments.
- Handling requests from application team and also resolving issues reported.
- Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g and applied patches when needed
- Writing shell scripts to automate DBA activities.
- Scheduling scripts through OEM and Crontabs.
- Setting up rules in OEM to monitor space for all the environments.
- Extensively worked on Oracle backup and recovery strategies (Hot backup, cold backup and Logical backups)
- Experience in Oracle Golden Gate installation, configuration and troubleshooting Golden Gate issues
- Involved in deploying new application and setting up replication between the databases using Goldengate.
- Testing Disaster Recovery- Failover to standby server
- Resolving standby database issues whenever the standby is not in sync with Production.
- Restoring hot backup of production whenever user requested for a particular table on a different server.
- Converted single instance to RAC
- Involving in Oracle Software installation, Database design and creation.
- Using Export and Import utilities to setup schemas.
- Creating users, roles and granting privileges based on the user requirements.
- Maintain database security and adhere to security policies designed by the client.
- Tuning Sql codes when query performs slow.
- Running AWR report to tune the databases.
- Involving in writing and scheduling RMAN backup for New environments
- Maintaining security standards on all environments
- RAC installation, database creation and support.
Environment: Oracle 11g, RAC, LINUX, ASM, Dataguard, OEM 12c, RMAN, Explain Plan, AWR, SQL Trace, ADDM, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, Tkprof
Oracle Database administrator
- Configured Databases parameters, reorganizing the database, creating, checking, extending tablespace, administer database security, create users, grant/revoke roles, privileges, extended databases storage capacity, tune database, optimise performances, monitor, reduce database fragmentation, manage data files, rollback segments, extents, segments, re-indexing, enable/disable constraints and triggers, monitor storage, backup & restore/recover database, export/import database objects.
- Packages for releases. Co-ordination between development, testing and production teams and attending bridge calls and technical. Discussions regarding future developments and releases.
- Involved in writing stored procedures that includes PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Client/Server Connectivity by Net8. Export & Import of Databases from one server/schema to another server/schema. Export/Import of Partitions with compressing the export/import databases.
- Used Golden Gate for upgrade.
- Capacity planning for hard disk space and space management for oracle databases.
- Server Performance of Database. Tuning of Oracle Server viz. Shared Pool by Tuning of Library Cache, Dictionary Cache, and Buffer Cache, Tuning of OS by Reducing Paging/Swapping, Tuning of SGA and Tuning of memory allocation.
- Separating of tables and indexes on different locations. Reducing Disk I/O Contention etc. Applications Tuning of Database using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, SQL TRACE, ANALYZE, HINTS etc. Oracle query tuning and optimization.
Environment: Oracle 11g, LINUX, OEM 12c, RMAN, Explain Plan, AWR, SQL Trace, ADDM, Data Pump, MongoDB, SQL*Loader, Exp/Imp
- Involved in writing PL/SQL packages and triggers
- Designed and implemented data access security for affiliates using custom PL/SQL packages
- Used Export/Import and SQL *Loader extensively.
- Created, debugged, and modified stored procedures, triggers, tables, views, user-defined functions etc.
- Privilege Management using Roles.
- Involved in database creation.
- Created users and assigned appropriate privileges by creating roles.
- Involved in table partition.
- Implemented backup and recovery strategies.
- Involved in performance monitoring and tuning.
- Extensively worked with development team to resolve their issues.
- Buffer Cache, Tuning of OS by Reducing Paging/Swapping, Tuning of SGA and Tuning of memory allocation.
- Tuning of I/O, which includes Separating of Data files and Redo log files on different locations, Striping of table data.
- Involved in development, system test and production implementations.
- Used SQL*Loader, export and import for data loading.
Environment: Oracle 11g, LINUX, RMAN, Explain Plan, AWR, SQL Trace, ADDM, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, Exp/Imp