- Effective Supervising Skills: Patient managing, the ability to work independently on projects and supervising five people.
- Effective Business Skills: Communication Skills, Organization Skills and great Microsoft skills (: Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Computer Electronic Engineering Skills: Read and draw Schematics, Thru hole Soldering, Use test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters and Troubleshoot AC and DC Circuits.
- Leadership and Mentoring of new employees to adhere to the company’s policies and procedures effectively.
- Skilled in designing and implementing complete life cycle client servers and database applications with various development tools and languages
- In - depth understanding of security and backup procedures to ensure database integrity.
- Experienced in data encryption using Oracle TDE to protect the organization’s critical information and exceeding the industry standard.
- Experience with various tools, such as SQL*Plus, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Recovery Manager, and Oracle Secure Backup.
- User management, creation, monitoring and administration of database users; altering passwords and granting/revoking access to system/object privileges, roles and auditing user actions.
- Monitoring & Reorganization of Tablespaces/Tables/Indexes.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Supported,Security,UserManagement,Privileges,Roles,Profiling,auditing,Authentication, authorization, encryption, enterprise security.
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Extensively implemented Datapump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) for migration and logical backup of database.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning, Used Tuning utilities like STATSPACK, TKPROF
- Monitored and performed database sizing, tablespace management and rollback tablespace management, transaction management and security administration
- Database monitoring and performance tuning using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Index creation and management for optimization of DB Processes
- Used Grid Control extensively and set up Rules for alert notification and schedule RMAN backups with Failure notification
- Performance tuning of Queries by maintaining Aggregates, Compression, partition, Indexing and use of Hints, Stored outlines, Statistics for the same.
- Performance tuning and diagnosing DBMS and individual Production databases, organized various migration review meetings with the application team to discuss the migration strategy based on their requirements.
- Performed policies on data confidentiality, integrity, availability, and auditability, based on Access controls for Access to Data at the database level.
- Supported & maintained the Production/Development databases on various servers
- Extensively worked on setting up auditing in many databases we supported
- Managing Database Structure, Storage Allocation, Table/Index segments, Rollback Segments, Undo Segments, and Constraints.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Performed monthly and annual performance reports for trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Performed housekeeping tasks like checking log and trace files.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g Grid Control.
- Refreshed schema using Export/Import. Created the database, table space, tables, indexes, set privileges and user logins.
- Assist in SQL tuning and providing consultation such as creating Materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
- Performed full & incremental backup (cumulative and differential) using RMAN and implemented recovery strategies.
- Refreshed/cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re - organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance.
- Used import/export utilities for cloning/migration of small sized databases and Datapump import/export to move data between 10g and 11g environments..
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).