- Wide background in many areas of information technology including, data base architecture and implementation, application development support, data warehousing and lifecycle methodologies.
- Experienced with mainframes, DB2, data base administration, and data modeling.
- Experience with Informatica, ErWin, Rational Rose Data Modeler, TSO, JCL, SQL, SAS, CA tools (formerly Platinum tools), BMC tools, Quest Central tools.
- Strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, independently motivated, strong work ethic, team player or team leader.
General: DBA team management/leadership; project management; problem solving; training; coaching; database design, modeling, implementation, performance tuning.
Operating Systems: IBM OS/390 MVS, Windows NT, Windows 95, some Unix
Databases Systems: DB2 UDB for OS/390, DB2 UDB for Unix, Windows, and OS/2, IMS DB/DC
Languages: COBOL, SAS, SQL
Case Tools: Cayanne, Bachman, ErWin, Rational Rose Data Modeler
Performance/Development Tools: All BMC and Platinum - CA tools for the mainframe
Monitoring Tools: Landmark Monitor, Detector, Sub-System Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Quest Central
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Brio
PROFESSIONAL AND BUSINESS EXPERIENCE:
Sr. Database Architect
- Supervise team of DBA’s for DB2 on Windows and UNIX.
- Liaison for mainframe legacy systems to DB2 servers.
- Develop and Publish Database Standards and Guidelines for naming conventions and usage.
- Set up and administer Intranet web site for document and data model tracking.
- Administer Informatica. Assisted with Informatica data mapping from legacy files to DB2.
- Assist with design and conversion of legacy SAS A/R system to DB2 UDB for OS/390 with data marts being implemented on DB2 UDB V7.2 for Unix.
- Assisted with requirements, analysis and implementation of reporting system using Brio.
- Evaluation and recommendation of data base application.
- Support all aspects of Vantive (CRM) database design and implementation in DB2 OS/390 architecture.
- Organize and lead internal workshop for US and EMEA consultants.
- DB2, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and Informix.
- Managing and technically leading in regard to internal process improvements, work flow and load balancing, QA, and defining and supporting career objectives for the team.
- Leading the effort to create an enterprise data architecture that would support testing.
- This included duplicating the production environment, managing change through synchronization of structures, managing data through data aging processes, and providing backup and recovery.
- Leading a firm - wide effort to evaluate, recommend and implement a new suite of DBMS support tools.
- Comparing two major competing vendors. The entire mainframe conversion was completed within 30 days after a decision was reached. Realized significant cost savings, as well as an enhanced tool suite.
- Develop and implement a Disaster Recovery scenario for mainframe DB2 recovery at an off-site location.
- Focused on increasing the quality and speed of system as well as application recovery. All applications were successfully brought forward to a point in time.
- Designed and implemented the first data warehouse system for remote client access. Included use of Business Objects, data replication, load programs, utilities, and security.
- Performed all DBA responsibilities to include: review data models (ADW, Bachman, Cayanne, Erwin, Rational Rose); forward/reverse engineer to create physical model; create stogroups, databases, tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, synonyms, aliases, stored procedures, grant privileges; all DBMS utilities - load, unload, backup, recovery, reorganization, etc.; application code walk throughs; troubleshoot application and system problems related to DBMS.
ConfidentialSenior Systems Engineer
- Duties include marketing, negotiation, hiring, billing, payroll, tax recording associated with independent consultants, in addition to providing business solutions for clients.
- These solutions included all aspects of system development: analysis, design, testing, implementation, documentation and training. Significant projects included:
- Developed in-house IMS application developers training and taught the course. Performed all aspects of DBA responsibilities for IMS DB/DC and DB2 applications.
- Researched, purchased and installed PC hardware and software to run patient information and billing systems.
- Established and executed training procedures for office admin.
- Resulted in improved and automated process.
- Originally came to this firm as an independent consultant, later became an employee.
- Responsible for capacity planning and system efficiencies.
- Reviewed the Retirement Planning System and identified areas where value could be added, recommended improvements to existing code and DB2 access paths, resulting in reduced run times and increased data integrity/availability.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Assisted in the implementation of a pilot project for an on-line integrated bill-of-material and MRP application using COBOL and IMS DB/DC.
- Provided on-going DBA support including database design, implementation, and performance monitoring. Considerable time spent troubleshooting application and system problems.
- Responsible for performing all QA reviews for any application using databases, utilizing BTS.
Senior System Engineer
- Responsible for application development and implementation of IMS DB applications that supported the primary steel mill.
- Implemented and monitored several secondary on-line systems to enhance back end reporting.