- I am a Certified Oracle Database Administrator with hands - on experience.
- Worked on Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, versions involving database administration production support, installation and configuration, performance tuning, upgrades and patches, migration on same and different platforms, backup and recovery, cloning, database and schema refreshes, space management, auditing and security.
- Highly Experienced in Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery and Cloning of databases using RMAN.
- Experience with RAC Cluster ware configuration and patching, RAC Backup and Recovery.
- Experience in Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Cluster Interconnects, Load Balancing and designing failover systems on UNIX platforms.
- Worked on Data transferring with export/import utilities and Data pump.
- Highly experienced in performance monitoring/tuning/troubleshooting.
- Oracle Database performance-tuning services with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL TRACE. Applying patches under UNIX platform.
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions such as Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on ASM and OCSF2 file systems.
- Highly experienced in Oracle 11g, 10gAutomatic Storage Management (ASM) required to fulfill the storage needs.
- UNIX Systems Administration - Database and application integration efforts. UNIX shell scripting, CRON jobs.
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 11g, 10gRAC servers for the purpose of disaster recovery procedures.
- Experience in cloning/replicating Production database using RMAN.
- Performed Tablespace point in time recovery (TSPITR) using RMAN
- Proficient in using Flashback technology to provide faster recovery of database.
- Applying Patch set, Critical Patch Update (CPU)/Patch Set Update (PSU) and One-off Patches using OPatch and run Installer under UNIX and Windows.
- Performance Tuning of Oracle database using OEM GC, Cost optimizer, SQL analyze, Performance Manager, Stats pack, AWR, ADDM, ASH, Explain plan TKPROF, SQL TRACE and Oradebug.
- Implemented data transfer using Transportable Table Spaces (TTS), Data Pumps and Export/Import utilities.
- Enforced Security administration, system monitoring by adding and removing users, configuring quotas, auditing, and analyzing security problems.
- Setup procedure for Database statistics gathering - Frequency, Best Time of the day to execute stats gathering jobs, correct level of gathering statistics.
- Generate and interpret Automatic Workload Repository (AWR), Active Session History (ASH), and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) reports using OEM.
- Configured Targets and used OEM to do the daily tasks regarding the performance, maintenance.
- Developing shell scripts and SQL scripts to carry out routine checks on databases.
- Implemented proactive monitoring scripts for production databases.
- Troubleshooting for slow performing SQL by enabling Database tracing including session specific tracing. Performed SQL Tuning using Explain Plan.
- Utilized SQL Loader to migrate or load data to Oracle.
- Experience in using SQL, PL/ SQL procedures, functions, triggers and packages.
- Experience in SQL tuning using Explain Plans and Hints, Performance Tuning for better performance and Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database through database tuning - Tuning applications, Tuning Instance, and Tuning Disk Usage.
- Configured Manager, Replicate and Extract processes and implemented unidirectional, replication using Oracle11g Golden Gate on RHEL 5 platform.
- UNIX shell scripts for hot backups, SQL*Loader, export and import of database.
- Proficient with Database Cloning, Migration, and Patching of Oracle Databases.
- Extensive Experience with RMAN Backups, Hot Backups and Logical Backups.
- Extensively implemented Data pump, conventional Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) for migration and logical backup of database.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Data pump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Expertise in implementing data refreshes (at database, schema & table level) using RMAN utility and Data pump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 11g, 10g.
- Experience in doing upgrades including maintenance & monitoring implementation.
- Extensive knowledge in UNIX platforms includes HP, SOLARIS, AIX, and LINUX.
- Knowledge in configuring ASM (Automatic Storage Management)
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x. Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, 8, 9, 10. AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6.1 RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x.Linux Enterprise Server 9, 10. Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Tools: EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM and TKPROF. Toad, Putty, NX client, Winscp, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC, Team Viewer, LogMeIn and Cisco VPN Client
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Real Application Cluster, ASM, Transportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, Data Pump, Export, Import
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Oracle Database Administrator
- Supporting multiple databases for production, development, test and staging purposes on Sun Solaris and Windows environments.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (Opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshing Dev and Test instances with data from Production on a regular basis.
- Developed PL/SQL packages with Developers, DML, DDL, Oracle tables, Stored Procedures, functions, cursors, triggers and UNIX shell scripts.
- Thorough knowledge in setting up infrastructure for databases in huge datacenters.
- Installed Oracle 11g on Linux platform using ASM.
- RMAN point in time recovery and Instance recovery done on 11g.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing at higher levels.
- Scheduling repetitive activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, table space usage report using crontab.
- Upgrade and Migration of Database from 126.96.36.199 to 10.2.0.2 and applying patches whenever required.
- Efficiently performed installation, setup and creation of three node cluster RAC with Oracle188.8.131.52 database using GRID infrastructure with ASM file systems on RHEL 5.5.
- Maintenance of Oracle 11gR2 Real Application Cluster (RAC) Database for High Availability, Scalability and Performance by determining the best Cluster architecture, choosing the best hardware configuration for Oracle RAC.
- Successful in installation/maintenance of Physical Standby database using Oracle Data Guard for Oracle 184.108.40.206 and Oracle 10.2.0.5RAC databases
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database/application using OEM along with homespun scripts.
- Capacity planning: Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements.
- Creating OEM alerts that provides notifications through emails.
- Assist in SQL tuning and providing consultation such as creating Materialized views, adding indices, dropping unnecessary indices, using hints wherever possible, amongst others.
- Worked on both VMS and UNIX environments.
- Troubleshooting of various database performances by proper diagnosis at all levels like SQL, PL/SQL, database design, database tables, indexes, Instance, memory, operating system and java calls.
- Experience in writing UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g database on a test server using Oracle standard procedures and OFA, for performance testing and future 10g production implementation.
Environment: Oracle 11g/11g, VMS, Sun Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, TOAD, RMAN, SQL server, OEM.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Successfully installed and configured Oracle 220.127.116.11, Oracle 10.2.0.5 databases on AIX platforms.
- Build single node RAC standby database for RAC primary database and using RMAN active duplication method.
- Node addition and deletion during election to serve business needs. Move pluggable databases between the container databases and created pluggable database from seed database.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with root cause analysis during product deployment/release.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10gGrid Control.
- Loading data from flat files to database using SQL*Loader, External Tables.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and explain plan for periodic performance tuning.
- Implementing Datapump, conventional export/import utility of Oracle 11g, 10g for re-organizing Databases/Schemas/Tables to improve the performance
- Performed database analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of database structures.
- Maintaining UNIX scripts for monitoring and backup.
- Provided real time, capture, transformation, routing and delivery of database transactions across the systems with the help of Golden Gate 12c
- Worked on Golden Gate, leading tool for data replication.
- Installed and Configured GOLDEN GATE Extracts/replicate for multiple databases
- Implemented proactive monitoring using Tuning Pack, Diagnostics Pack, and STATSPACK, SQL Trace & TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Database monitoring/maintenance, replication process and performance tuning are done using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS).
- Documented the Standard Processes for peers to follow.
- Applying upgrade patch, maintenance and interim (opatch) patches on all the databases.
- Refreshed/cloned databases using RMAN utility.
- Performed Database upgrade from Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g and to Oracle 12c database.
- Successful in applying RDBMS patches, security patches for improving the security and functionality of the databases.
- Achieved optimized performance for the databases by rebuilding indexes, on tables and indexes.
- Automated the processes like moving files, managing alert log, efficient backup by developing UNIX scripts.
- Involved in the installation, configuration and extended support to Oracle 11g, two Node RAC (Real Application Cluster) with ASM file system on UNIX platform.
- Involved in converting a single instance database to Oracle 11g, 10g RAC databases.
- Installed ASM environment and migrated databases from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Made optimal use of Oracle Support in resolving the SRs.
- 24 X 7 Production & Development database support and administration.
Environment: Oracle 18.104.22.168, 10.2.0.5, IBM AIX V6.1, Suse Linux, RAC, ASM, RMAN, AWR, ADDM, SQL Plus, SQL*Loader, OEM, TOAD 10.0.