- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Oracle Database Administration
- Expert in areas of Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Loader, DataPump.
- Experience with Building Oracle 11g RAC, Oracle 10g RAC, Data Guard, ASM, Flashback and RMAN
- Experience in Various Flavors of UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX and IBM AIX), LINUX (RedHat Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux).
- Implemented Active Data guard (Physical Standby) with Oracle 11g R2.
- Participated in DR exercise (Switchover and Failover).
- Migrated Non ASM databases to ASM.
- Experience with High Availability features ( RAC/ DG/ ASM / Flashback / RMAN)
- Implemented replication using Oracle Streams, GoldenGate.
- Upgraded databases from 9i to 10g, 9i, 10g to 11g
- Experienced in Oracle installations, upgrades, migration, designing logical/physical architecture, SQL*Net, Tuning, Capacity planning, database access and Security and auditing.
- Troubleshooting of Performance and Tuning problems in Oracle database using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, OEM Grid Control and manual scripts.
- Refresh and Cloning of databases for development and testing
- Expertise in Maintenance, Patching, Cloning and troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge in User Managed / RMAN backups and Recovery.
- Experienced in Database Point in Time Recovery and Tablespace Point in Time recovery.
- Enforcing security by creating roles, granting system and object privileges on the Tables, and stored procedures with DBA concepts.
- Good understanding of oracle Data Dictionary and Normalization Techniques.
- Created and modified Database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Stored Procedures and Packages.
- Experience in Working with Oracle Support to resolve issues and open TAR / SR
- Enforcing data integrity using integrity constraints & database triggers.
- Experience in Capacity Planning & Benchmarking
- Good experience in SQL, PL/SQL Programming, Shell Scripting, Partitioning, Data modeling, OLAP, Logical and Physical Database Design, Backup and Recovery procedures.
- Excellent Analytical, Communication and Presentation skills.
- Experience in providing 24x7 support.
Languages : PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*PLUS, C, Java, Shell Scripting
Database : Oracle 11g RAC/10g RAC/9i/8.x, MS Access
Operating System : UNIX(Solaris, IBM AIX, HP-UX), Linux (Redhat, OEL), Windows
Tools : SQL*PLUS, SQL Developer, TOAD, Sql Navigator, PUTTY, OEM, RMAN, SQL* LOADER, Imp/Exp and DataPump, RMAN, ASM, OEM Grid Control
Other Technologies :ODBC, Crystal Reports, MS Office, SFDM, Erwin 4.0/4.2/7.6, Relational Database Design.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
- Oracle Certified Associate.