- Oracle Certified Profesinal on 9/10/11G/12c
- Over 15 years of experience in database administration, system administration, system analysis, design, data modeling, development, testing, implementation, maintenance under various operating environments.
- Over 10 years working experience with Oracle production databases as an administrator under OLTP/DW environments on different platforms like HP - UX, SUN SOLARIS, AIX, RedHat Linux and Windows.
- Over 3 years AIX Admin on HACMP configuration, file system management
- Proficient in database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, cloning, capacity planning, space management, database security, auditing, troubleshooting, physical and logical database design, TAR support, Unix shell scripting and documentation.
- Implementation of High Availability solutions with Oracle 11g RAC, Physical Standby Databases (Data Guard) and Replication using Oracle Streams
- Configuration of Oracle 11g R2 OEM Grid Control to monitor database
- Excellent experience in performance tuning using EXPLAINS PLAN, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills in OS level and Database level
- Expertise in RDBMS Tools like SQL Loader, Import/Export, Data Pump, RMAN, OEM Grid Control
- Good experience in Transportable Table spaces, SQL Tuning Advisor, Data Pump, Flashback Table, Table space Management, Virtual Private Database, Materialized Views, and Oracle Streams
- Good experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, Partitioning, Data modeling, Logical and Physical Database Design, Backup and Recovery procedures
- Good interpersonal, team-member and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
Database: Oracle 9/10/11/12, SQL SERVER
Language/Tools: Export, Import, SQL*Loader, Data Pump, Streams, Rman, OEM, RAC, SQL*NET, DBCA, SQL, PL*SQL, Shell Scripting, DataGuard
Operating Systems: WIN NT, SUN Solaris UNIX, HP UNIX, AIX, Linux
Senior Oracle DBA
- Analyze customer request, architecture UNIX/Oracle/Storage solution
- 24x7 Production database administration, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Oracle 9i/10G/11G/12c on Unix and Linux boxes.
- Applied all the latest patches for Oracle database.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g/11g RAC high availability
- Performance monitoring and tuning of using Oracle Grid Control, AWR (Automatic Workload Repository) reports, scripts
- Setup Backup and restore strategy with RMAN
- Configuration of Oracle 11g/12c OEM Grid Control to monitor database
- Performance tuning for optimized results using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR and ADDM reports
- Design and document DR test plan
- UNIX shell scripting for backup, proactive DB health check, gather statistics.
- Analyze database Sizing, tablespace, transaction management
- Analyze SQL statements, reorganize database objects and design indexes to improve response of queries support developers in tuning DB and apps for optimal performance
- Demonstrated capacity to implement innovative solutions to solve unique and highly complicated tasks and problems from AIX and Oracle migrate DB between software versions, platforms, DB products
- Install/configure clusterware and DataGuard for HA.
- Install, Setup HACMP failover environment
- Monitoring the operating system response in terms of CPU usage, disk space, and swap space by using various UNIX utilities like sar, nmon, topas, vmstat, filemon reports
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills in OS level and Database level
- Supports people software tools including setup UNIX scheduler, Cobol compile, DataMover..
Senior Oracle DBA
- Administrate mission critical production systems and high volume high demand testing and development environments. These databases are built on all kinds of different platforms ranged from MS Windows to various Unix flavors like HP UX, Sun Solaris and IBM AIX
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 9i/10g databases includes Database cloning for test environment and applying patches, tuning etc.
- Implementation of High Availability solutions with Physical Standby Databases (Data Guard) and Replication using Oracle Streams.
- Upgrade/Migration databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- UNIX shell scripting for backup, proactive DB health check, gather statistics. Set up script in Cron
- Developing 10g Grid Agents to target servers
- Oracle Database and SQL tuning using STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, AWR and ADDM reports. Maintenance of Oracle Application 11.5.9,11.5.10 on HP Unix, Sun Solaris
- Database Sizing, tablespace mnagement and undo tablespace management, transaction management, security administration.
- Table Partitioning, creating index organized tables
- Performance Tuning, Tuning Concurrent Managers, etc
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills in OS level and Database level.
- Troubleshooting Day to Day Activities.
- Assisting and advising developers in application design, PL/SQL scripts
- Designing, configuring and implement high availability, 24/7, Dataguard database, Rman designing and implement DB security including compliance with SOX regulations, user management for more than thousands internal customers develop databases security problems prior to internal and external audits writing Unix shell scripting for pro-active database monitoring
- Develop Audit policy and Turn on auditing on database level, schema level and object level according to business requirements
- Performing daily customer requests as assigned from our ticketing
- Creating and configuring Production databases on oracle 9i. The process involves optimizing Parameter file, creation all database schemas, scripting backup and recovery
- Troubleshoot problem/crisis situations.
- Upgrade oracle databases from 7/8/9 to 10G. This includes new parameter setup, modify monitoring scripts, setup new security policy, documents DB creating checklist in 10G.
- Configure OEM agents and OEM/ Grid Control for DB turning and Monitor
Oracle/SQL Server DBA
- Troubleshoot clients any oracle issues including performance issue, Oracle Errors, ADP applications Error in Clarify.
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle software, patch, application software
- Created and configured Production, Test, Developer databases. The process involves instance processes, memory areas, RBS, redo logs and archiving, control files, pfile and spfile management, etc.
- Refresh, cold cloning and hot cloning QA, test and developer database
- User and resource management in IDs, access roles and profiles, and resource limits
- Reorganizing tables and moving data between databases using IMPORT, EXPORT
- Upgraded Oracle 8.0.5 instances to 8.1.7/ 9.2.
- Migration Oracle From difference platform using IMPORT, EXPORT
- Optimization of application code, SQL queries and databases to improve the system capacity and performance
- Performance monitoring and tuning of buffer cache, shared pool, free space, monitoring locks, and SQL tuning
- Setup complete hot and cold backup strategies for Production, development and test databases and also recovery strategies
- Script and set up night maintenance including analyze schema, hot backup, db export, table space de-fragments and DB archiving using UNIX shell scripts
- Supports people software tools
- Support on call 24/7
Oracle/SQL SERVER DBA
- Created and configured Production databases. The process involves optimizing Parameter file, creation all database schemas, scripting backup and recovery
- Assist and advise developers in application, database, stored procedures
- Design logical and physical data structures
- Implementing and maintaining database security (create and maintain users, roles and assign privileges
- Created tablespace, tables, views, synonyms, index, roles, privileges and triggers, Store Procedure
- Database space management including database growth, disk de-fragmentation
- Upgraded Oracle 8.0.5 instances to 8.1.7, 9.2.
- Migrate QAD data from UNIX, DB2 to WIN NT, Oracle Using SQL*LOAD
- Application tuning using SQL Trace, TKPROF, Explain Plan, UTLBSTAT/TULESTAT
- Maintain SQL Server archive and objects
- Support production database 24/7
- Trouble shooting any problem relative to database