Confidential, Brentwood, Tennessee
- Acted as first line of database support to the Development, Implementation, and Application Support teams.
- Responsible for performance monitoring, database updates, ad - hoc SQL & PL/SQL packages and SQL tuning using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, SQL Developer, and Toad.
- Refreshed development schemas using Data Pump.
- Scheduled jobs using Oracle Scheduler and Automic.
- Provided onsite support for new customer WMS application implementations and application re-implementations.
- Attended weekly Scrum meetings and provided direction for the Development team for new or modified database objects.
- Participated in CIRT endeavors to resolve urgent issues.
- Promoted code releases to production (and sometimes reverted them) via Automic.
- Began by tuning existing Oracle 7.3.4 database resulting in 32% improvement in performance.
- Assisted in the upgrade of Oracle Forms and Reports from release 5 to 6i, then to 9i.
- Assisted in the setup of Oracle 10gR2 Application Server for the Oracle 9i Developer Suite.
- Participated in Cognos mentoring program at LBMC in Brentwood, TN to assist the developers in the creation of efficient Cognos Catalogs and Cubes.
- Recovered four production databases after four separate disasters.
- Created audit triggers to provide a before and after view of numerous tables in the Glovia ERP system for Sarbaines/Oxley compliance.
- Upgraded all databases starting from release 22.214.171.124 to release 126.96.36.199 including all PSUs as released over the course of 13 years
- Changed character sets of all production databases to AL32UTF8
- Assisted in the upgrade of the Glovia ERP system to G2 release
- Backed up all production databases nightly using RMAN as well as Snap Manager for Oracle (NetApp tool). Also retained month-end and year-end copies.
- Migrated all databases to Red Hat Linux 6.4 from HP-UX and began the certification process for Red Hat System Administration to act as backup for the Sysadmin.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Database and system administrator for Oracle 7.3.4 database on an IBM RS6000 running Banner application by SCT.
- Responsible for daily backups and disaster recovery readiness
- Upgraded OS and application twice
- Responsible for Y2K readiness. No problems encountered after 1/1/2000.
- Wrote numerous programs written in Sqlplus and UNIX shell script to monitor performance and enhance Banner application.
Confidential, Nashville, Tennessee
- Responsibilities included all maintenance, new releases, development, production support, and acquisition support of the D&B Financial Suite, which includes General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Accounts Payable.
- Trained as Database Administrator and PeopleSoft to be lead DBA for the new PeopleSoft Financial suite on Sun E5000 and E6000 machines with UNIX (Solaris) OS using Oracle 7.3.2
- Responsible for all production support, backup strategy, database upgrades, assisting developers with problem SQL code, and ensuring the standards and procedures were followed.
- Upgraded Production database to release 188.8.131.52 and was preparing for Oracle 8.0 conversion and PeopleSoft upgrade when the company was purchased.
- Installed and implemented Oracle 7.3.4 database on NT 4.0 for CRM application by TCS.
- Abilities include SQL, Oracle Enterprise Manager, OEM Performance Pack, UNIX Shell Programming, and PeopleTools.