- Extensive experience with z/OS Mainframe technology in full life cycle development, project implementation, production support and application maintenance.
- Last worked in the Enterprise Database Group as a DBA for z/OS DB2.
- Successfully supported several mainframe - based and JAVA-based backend web services.
- Capable of working with and/ or leading a team by providing inter-personal, analytical and problem solving skills as well as excellent programming and investigative skills that are crucial to solving life cycle development and support issues.
- Worked in an Offshore/ Onsite environment in a technical and lead role.
- Quick learner and very flexible in learning new tools and technologies
Confidential - Chicago, IL
Z/OS Database Administrator
- In charge of managing and creating the jobs and the plans for the eDBA-related tasks of the monthly BCAG Production releases.
- Supports the daily DBA tasks/requests of application users and testers involving creation and alteration of databases, tables, indexes and authorizations for various Enterprise applications on all testing environments using CA Database Mgt Solutions for Z/OS, SPUFI and SQL/ Db2
Team Lead/ Sr Mainframe DeveloperConfidential - Chicago, IL
- Supported the Claims Inquiry legacy system for both the online and background CICS service applications using COBOL, TSO, VSAM, JCL, Expediter and Endeavor
- Responsible for maintaining EDI/HIPAA 276/277 transaction programming (Local and Host claims)
- Responsible for the Inquiry Reporting and Information System (IRIS) including all the Batch reporting and Annual Federal requests for fraud investigations, the Claim Lock application and the Claims Status Manager and part of the Inquiry Begin Menu (IMNU) applications
- Production support Lead and SME of the JAVA-based Claims Inquiry (CINQ) application and the Claims Accums Summary Service (CASS) application utilizing XML/ SOAP, SPLUNK, JMETER and WILY tools.
Confidential - Hoffman Estates, IL
Senior Mainframe Consultant
- Responsible for the analysis of productions problems, design and implementation of production fixes and enhancements, reviewing and QA of the offshore member’s tasks utilizing Cobol/ Cobol II, APS-CICS, MVS, SQL/Db2, SPUFI, QMF, Db2 Access, VSAM, TSO, FileAid, Smarttest
- Took part in the daily daytime and nighttime primary pager duty that support over 800 stores and shops across the US and Puerto Rico. Considered as the key role in supporting NPS system
- Responsible for designing and developing the process to manage the accurate re-alignment of close to 100,000 items as products are re-categorized
- Created new files, Db2 tables, programs (batch and on-line), and reports to support and document the item realignment project and the complicated changes required for restricted items utilizing IBM S360/370, Cobol II, MVS, SQL/IMS/DB2, SPUFI, QMF, DB2 Access, VSAM, TSO, FielAid, Expediter, CICS and Panvalet
- Considered as the best performing consultant on the team
Confidential - Lake Forest, IL
Senior Mainframe Consultant
- Prepared the data and environment on the mainframe side during the Proof of Concept sessions to decide which ETL tool to use for the Data Warehousing project
- Responsible for mapping, investigation of data and meta data, extract, transform and loading of 20 Financial entities with over 100 attributes into the Data Warehouse and Data Mart tables
- Successfully utilized Db2 and UDB platforms using PowerCenter by Informatica
- Lead the Full System Test team that verified the functionality of all the mainframe applications for Y2K readiness using Cobol II, MVS, SQL/IMS/Db2, VSAM, TSO, FileAid, Expediter, CICS, INFOPAC, TELON, Playback and Hourglass