- Working as a production DBA with consummate experience in all facets of database administration for high volume transactional systems involving clustering and disaster recovery solutions. Expert in troubleshooting various production issues using Monitoring tools, SQL Profiler & DMV’s.
- Started my dream company along with couple of business partners and currently focusing on IT recruitment for Gulf area along with training & development for customers.
- Helping our business partners in database design & administration for their on - going projects.
Senior Database Administrator/Database Administrator
- Senior DBA for SaaS Software Company hosting a multi-terabyte environment(more than 6TB) as part of Travel expense management in a hosting platform.
- Possesses good working knowledge on various clustering platform which includes Microsoft windows clustering using Microsoft Hyperv3/Hyperv2 & ESXi based solutions.
- Focused heavily on automating daily tasks using Powershell
- Configuring/maintaining SQL 2012 ALWAYSON instances for critical databases
- Lead DBA Person for Disaster Recovery site based in Dallas, TX. Designed DR process model with Systems & Storage team and is instrumental in keeping DR site up-to-date.
- Did 2008R2-> 2012 migration for 200+ sql instances(on VMWARE/ESXi platform) with more than 3000 databases on it about 2 and half years back.
- Comfortable with Sql Server replication even though we used replication on hardware storage layer for our DR site.
- Expert in troubleshooting issues using SQL Profiler, monitoring tools & DMV’s.
- Upgraded Hosting Platforms from SQL 2000 to 2005/2008 R2 apart from installing SP’s & Critical Updates(CU’s)
- Extensive working knowledge on mapping LUNS for various SAN storages (NETAPP, EMC, NIMBLE) with respect to SQL Server Clustering platform.
- Migrated SQL Server data onto Oracle 8i platform and maintained those oracle databases till 2007.
- Daily responsibilities include standard production DBA duties, Query optimization, troubleshooting issues, automating regular tasks, monitoring systems overall health using monitoring tools, working on customer tickets & document changes adhering to change management process.
- Key player for Evaluating & deploying new SQL instances in hosting side.
- Experience in Normalization, Database design, Performance Analysis, partitioning and Production Support for very large ( VLDB ) and Complex Databases.
- Key person in setting up local office in Bangalore, India and implemented in house datacenter
- Experience with datacenter work such as moving fiber cables on brocade switches & server setups.
- Migrated data between Oracle & SQL Server platforms using Oracle Migration Workbench & MS DTS.
- Handled Oracle apps tier for few months and applied taxware patches.
Oracle/SQL Server DBA
- Responsible for maintaining about 9 Oracle database servers for Abbott Laboratories when their DBA was not available from Dec 2000 till Feb 2001.
- Responsible for maintaining hosting database servers for Captura Software before joining them in Permanent position
- Selected as Employee of the Quarter for successfully migrating data from Oracle 8i to SQL Server 2000.
- Designed and implemented Backup & recovery strategies using RMAN for Oracle 8i.
SQL Server/ Oracle DBA
- Responsible for automating tasks & involves writing queries for their developers. Also did regular DBA tasks of monitoring their system health & troubleshoot issues, if any.
- Migrated their sql server data onto Oracle 8i
- Worked as a Primary Response Group (PRG) Engineer at Microsoft Bombay. Responsible for solving MS SQL Server/Visual Basic issues for customers located in entire Asia Pacific Region.
- Solved various SQL Server issues for high profile customers(National Stock Exchange, National Security Depository Ltd) by being a consultant on-site representing Microsoft.
- Did extensive training on SQL Server for consultants at TCS.