- Over 7 years experience as Oracle Database Administrator having hands on experience in database administration, production support, installation, configuration, upgrades, patches, performance tuning, backup and recovery, cloning, space management, database security and auditing.
- Database Administrator with 7+ years of experience in Installation, upgrade/migration, Management, Administration, Backup and Recovery, Maintaining and Tuning of Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS.
- Experience in supporting Oracle databases 8i/9i/10g/11g in variety of different environments including UNIX, Sun Solaris, IBM - AIX, HP-UX, Microsoft Windows 2008/NT Servers and Linux.
- Extensive expertise in Oracle Architecture, I/O tuning, Capacity planning, space management, Memory Tuning, Performance Tuning, Hot and Cold Backups, RMAN backups, Optimization, Networking, Troubleshooting.
- Experience in backup and recovery methods using RMAN utility as well as hot/cold backups.
- Experience in using export/import utilities and data pumps.
- Expertise in cloning the database using RMAN and also physical hot backups.
- Expertise in installing different versions of Oracle and MS SQL Databases on UNIX and Windows Servers and cross platform migrations from Windows to Linux, Solaris to Linux.
- Excellent working knowledge in logical backups, Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery and Cloning of databases using Recovery Manager.
- Point-In-Time Recovery through RMAN.
- In-depth knowledge of Automating and scheduling the jobs with crontab using the scripts.
- Expertise in Oracle Database Administration 8i /9i /10g /11g.
- Expertise in Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), ASM, Data-Guard, OEM, 10g Grid.
- Expertise in Backup & Recovery operation (Physical, Logical and RMAN).
- Expertise in Oracle Database Performance Tuning & Optimization on Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g.
- Experience in OLTP/DSS database systems, implementing and managing large Oracle databases (VLDB).
- Experienced in setting up/installation and configuration of release 11g R1, 11g R2 RAC with ASM and Raw Devices and 11g CRS.
- Installed Oracle Cluster ware to provide infrastructure for RAC and configured 2 node Oracle 11g RAC with ASM.
- Proficient with 11g new features: Active Datagaurd, configuring Snapshot standby database.
- Extensive experience on change management like version upgrades, applying patches, reorganization of databases, schema refreshes, cloning of databases.
- Migrated single instance databases to multinode 10g RAC environment for high availability and load balancing.
- Experience in installing Oracle patches, upgrading databases. (10g R2 to 11g, 10g R1 to 10gR2, 9i to 10gR1).
- Performing Database Cloning/Data Refresh from production environment to setup test and development environments in Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g.
- Recovery of Databases (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, Recovering data files, Recovering from Block Corruption etc.)..
- Data transferring with Export, Import, Data Pump and SQL* Loader utilities.
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Grid Control, TOAD, RMAN.
- Managing Control files, Redo Log files and Datafiles.
- Working on 24*7 production day to day and on call support and maintenance
- Proficient in all DBA responsibilities such as Instance tuning, user management, space management, monitoring.
- Experience with Oracle 10g features: Flash-Back Recovery, Datapump, ASM, ASH, AWR, ADDM, ASSM, ASMM, Automatic Undo management, Grid Monitoring and Recycle Bin.
- Knowledge on Oracle Support processes for technical requests through Metalink and other Support Procedures.
- Scheduling jobs through Oracle Job Scheduler, Cronjobs (UNIX), Autosys jobs, Scheduled Tasks (Windows).
- Experienced in Monitoring/Analyzing performance periodically and to tune, debug and optimize the databases, applications, SQL, and PL/SQL code from time to time.
- Extensive Performance tuning experience, specializing in instance tuning, Oracle10g and 11g RAC tuning.
- Strong knowledge and experience of managing Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g RAC environments using the OEM Grid Control tools.
- Managing Public and Private Rollback segments and assigning huge rollback segments before specific activities.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, triggers, functions, packages, UNIX Shell Scripting, ER Data modeling, Logical and Physical database design.
- Expertise in Replication of Oracle Database using Logical Standby and Oracle Golden Gate.
- Exposure to MS SQL Server 2005 Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Backups & Restores, Security Management, DTS import/export, Performance Tuning.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to learn new technologies, openness to new ideas and ability to learn very quickly.
Operating System: MS Windows 2003/2008/NT/XP, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10, AIX 5.1, 5.2, Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x.
Programming Languages: C/C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting.
Tools: RMAN, SQL*Plus, F-Secure FTP, Oracle Performance Pack OEM, TOAD, Hummingbird.
RDBMS: Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, MS SQL Server 2005.
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR/ADDM/ASH.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Providing production support for 24X7 database availability for Oracle and SQL server Databases.
- Maintenance and monitoring of oracle 11g/10g database instances hosted on Linux and Sun platform.
- Managed Physical & Logical standby databases in RAC and non-RAC environments.
- Implemented 10g/11g Data guard with one physical database.
- Designed, configured and maintained backup and recovery policies including RMAN backups.
- Implemented 11gR2 Data Guard using RMAN duplicate.
- Designed and implemented Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Solaris for an OLTP application.
- Implemented Oracle11g Dataguard for High Availability and maintained stand by database for reporting purposes.
- Implemented strategy for partitioning and management of historical data tables in RAC.
- Installed RMAN for backups with Data Guard for high availability reporting instance.
- Upgrade and Migration of Databases from 9i/10g to 11g R2 and applying patches as per requirement.
- DBA activities such as configuring Grid events, Regular Backup’s, Replication, Tuning, and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Creating and Managing Table spaces with different block-sizes to prevent row chaining.
- Migrated table spaces from 10g Linux to HP-UX 11.
- Experience in using Golden Gate in moving large volumes of transactional data.
- Responsible for implementation of oracle 11g Grid control.
- Performed Range Partitioning as a cause to improve the performance of the database.
- Performed Cross platform migration using transportable table spaces and RMAN.
- Extensively used Oracle Application Server 10g, in deploying and integrating enterprise’s applications.
- Planned and performed the database migration from SQL Server to Oracle.
- Space Management which includes table space creation, adding new data files.
- Managed Table spaces, Rollback Segments, Redo Logs and other database object.
- Oracle installation, creation of database, which includes physical and logical design.
- Assisted developers in creating stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Cursors and Packages.
- Upgraded the database 10g to 11g and Applied database patches using Opatch utility.
- Building Clone instances for Development and Test teams.
- Responsible for monitoring and resizing Oracle database objects (Table spaces, Tables, Indexes etc,).
- Responsible for memory and Application tuning of the databases using Oracle utilities like Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Trace, TK Prof and Explain Plan.
- Database Tuning, PL/SQL tuning using explain plan and used HINTS extensively to optimize the SQL statements, used cost based approach extensively and also used rule based methods to tune the SQL.
- Excellent experience in OLTP database systems, implementing and managing large Oracle databases (VLDB). Expertise in maintaining Database Security using auditing.
- Partitioning of large tables for fine tuning performance.
- Installed, configured and maintained ASM enabled RAC and single instance databases.
- Designed and implemented crash recovery strategies, and Hot, Cold and Logical backup plans.
- Taking periodic Backup of the Database and the software using Recovery Manager and VERITAS Netbackup.
- Upgrading and applying patches for Oracle database in Critical ERP databases.
- Working alongside programmers and contributing to the development process; Enabling and analyzing trace files. Performing monitoring and performance tuning.
- Defining and Setting backup and recovery procedures.
- Performed and tuned using AWR, OEM Grid and tkprof etc. Oracle Databases.
- Tuning the database using stats pack and custom scripts
- Responsible for continuous database monitoring and reorganization for ensuring performance
- Generated regular Stats-Pack reports for the performance tuning of the databases.
- Experience with DBUA/Export and Import to migrate the database.
- Responsible for optimizing data access and performance by tuning indexes.
- Performed Replication of the Production database for setting up instances for the QA and Testing teams.
- Hands on experience in writing UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Managed the existing databases by applying new required release modification to existing database structure and applied new Oracle patches as required.
- Generated Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) report to collect processes and maintained performance statistics for problem detection & self tuning purposes.
- Generated Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) in order to analyze data in the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) in order to identify potential performance bottlenecks.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Red Hat Linux 4.x, RAC, Solaris 10, ORACLE, SQL Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Data Guard, ASM, PL/SQL, Toad, Data Pump, RMAN.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Oracle database 10g, 11g installation over Windows XP/Server 2008, and Linux platforms.
- Oracle 10g agent installation over windows and Linux.
- Database creation using standard scripts and DBCA.
- Upgrade/Migrated the production and development databases from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g.
- Involved in discussions with the management regarding the advantages/disadvantages and upgrade plans while working with oracle structure.
- Configuration and monitoring Oracle Grid control and database control for monitoring.
- Database cloning/exp/imp tables to setup identical databases in the production and development environments.
- Performed Cloning/Refresh to setup Test and Development database.
- Create and maintain users, roles and privileges & Auditing Triggers.
- Solid discipline in providing end-users timely updates on their problems. Installing server software.
- Checking database performance on a regular interval, which includes checking various log files.
- Addition of users, objects etc as and when required and granting proper privileges for Database access.
- Taking care of database by checking the size the database and addition of table spaces, data files.
- Implemented Oracle 10g Dataguard for High Availability and maintained standby databases for Disaster Recovery.
- Experience in database restore using RMAN backup.
- Used SQL-Loader utility to load data into oracle database from external files.
- Use Import, Export, SQL*Loader to load and backup data .
- Used Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) in RAC for Performance Tuning.
- Composed, maintained and monitored compliance to standards and practices.
- Assisted IT Analysts on technical database issues and features.
- Experience in working with Golden Gate Replication.
- Resolved data integration issues.
- Implemented the physical and logical standby Databases using Data Guard.
- Applying Oracle CPU, one-off patches, SR scripts. Applying templates in Grid control. Configuring metrics and policies.
- Oracle Database backup configuration using RMAN, database refresh include export/import, data pump.
- Backup strategies include full and incremental backups.
- Configuration of server with OLTP system, runtime connection & load balancing.
- Configuring targets (host, database instance, listener and agent) within Oracle 10g Grid control.
- Migrated file systems to ASM (Automatic Storage Management).
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Extensively worked with ASMCMD for managing ASM environment.
- Used OEM Grid Control Diagnostic and tuning packs to tune the application and SQL queries.
- Experience in administering 100+ databases using 10g Grid control, TOAD, SQL PLUS, batch scripts. E-mail notification and configuration using Oracle 10g Grid control.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting RMAN backup jobs using 10g Grid control, Implemented STATSPACK, AWR and SQL Advisory.
- Worked with Oracle Support, other team members to resolve critical issues.
Environment: CentOS Linux 5.4, AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows XP/Server 2003/Server 2008, Oracle 11g/10g, Oracle 10g Grid control, TOAD, SQL Developer, RMAN, SQLPLUS, STASTSPACK.
Confidential, Morgantown, WV
- Providing 24x7 on call support for the business critical production real application cluster databases.
- Managing two nodes Real Application Cluster databases on Red hat Linux.
- Performed Export/Import of Oracle 9i Databases.
- Responsible for setting up Oracle Streams to help in propagating information within and between databases.
- Monitoring the table space growth and resizing the table space on 9i RAC environment.
- Applied High priority patches downloaded from Metalink.
- Troubleshooting DB related issues and providing scripts for taking regular backups.
- Involved in a project, which analyzes and applies quarterly Security patches (CPU).
- Involved in implementing Dashboard-based Monitoring solution by developing shell scripts and SQL scripts.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Taking physical backups such as hot backups regularly using RMAN Utilities.
- Implemented Database Replication using SharePlex for disaster recovery and data movement.
- Responsible in data archive and purge methodologies using partitioning.
- Monitoring the 10g grid control to propose server/application audits and health checks.
- Performed Database migration from Oracle 9i to 10g R2 and 10g to 11g R1.
- Migrated single instance databases to multinode 10g RAC environment for high availability and load balancing.
- Applied bug patches according to the Oracle Critical Patch alerts.
- Configured the automated alerts for the production servers, which alerts DBA with the alert log errors and proactively space related errors.
- Cleaning the ORACLE HOME files system by cleaning the log files, alert log file and listener.log files.
- Identified and trouble shot everyday issues like locking, scripts execution, Data Audits etc.
- Backup and recovery utilizing RMAN.
- Working with the application support people to resolve database related issues and running the scripts for the application support people.
- Migrated all applications and database servers to AIX 5.1 and RedHat AS 3.0 Linux running Oracle 10gRAC with ASM Storage and 10g Application servers. Linux servers running OCFS 2.1. And RedHat Advanced server 2.1 and 3.0.
- Refresh/Cloning of Database and applications for development, testing
- Performance Tuning of the database (Memory Allocation Tuning, I/O Tuning, Tuning Contentions) Maintain Oracle schemas and SGA region.
- Create table spaces, tables, and users for custom applications. Maintain user security.
- Assist Programmers and Developers with Oracle problems.
- Write Korn shell scripts to monitor and maintain the Oracle Applications database.
- Creating users and database links, snap shots on production and development servers.
- Maintaining system security, defining of roles, profiles etc.
- Checking CRON jobs. Monitoring Application specific background processes.
- Creating materialized views and materialized view logs to implement the table level replication for the MIS databases.
- Solving problems related to extent allocation.
- Solving problems of database connectivity.
- Cloned database for development needs.
Environment: SQL*Plus, Shell Scripting, Red hat Linux (RHEL), Oracle 9i/10g.
- Part of DBA Support team for the Production and development databases.
- Installed and Configured Oracle 9i on UNIX platform.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
- Implemented Standby Database and Database Replication to realize database high availability. Created partitions for large table to improve performance
- Established and maintained sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Taken care of the Database design and implementation.
- Performed Backup and Recovery using RMAN.
- Worked as Production Support for Oracle based systems and UNIX based Server environments.
- Managed Users access control and security by creating appropriate roles and profiles.
- Involved in designing and creating the Oracle 9i database.
- Enforced security by creating roles, giving grants on the tables, stored procedures, and other database objects depending on role.
- Implemented automated backup strategy using the UNIX shell script and CRON Utility.
- Used SQL*Loader to load data from flat files to Oracle database.
- Created database links for data transfer to support distributed transactions.
- Actively involved in Backup Management of Disaster Crash recovery supporting 24-7 assurance.
- DBA activities including creation, management, startup and shutdown of Oracle databases, management of data files, redo log files, control files, tablespaces, segments, extents and data blocks & physical storage, creation, monitoring and management of database users, granting/revoking of system/object privileges, management of roles & resources and setting of init.ora parameters.
Environment: SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, Shell Scripting, Windows-NT, HP-UX, Oracle 9i.
Jr. Oracle DBA
- Supported and maintained 10 Production and 25 Development instances with maximum database size of 100 GB.
- Worked as primary on-call DBA.
- Perform/support RDBMS software maintenance and database instance creation.
- Database cloning, Recover databases.
- Supporting and Upgrading Oracle 8.x Databases.
- Periodic testing of logical and physical database backups.
- Creation and maintenance of standby databases.
- Implement the Physical and logical backups
- Online Backup Procedure was evaluated, for the database running in Archive log mode and scheduled to take Backup during off peak periods
- Perform periodic database re-orgs.
- Manage schema and database objects.
- SQL tuning, Analyze database objects.
- Replication data from production to test environment as per user’s requirement.
- Monitoring backups.
- Significant experience in Export/import oracle utilities.
Environment: SQL *Plus, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Windows-NT, UNIX.