- Multifaceted career with wealth of technical and leadership success architecting, deploying and supporting enterprise multi - platform Oracle database systems.
- Accomplished guide, trainer and mentor, with capacity for expertly assembling and leading top-flight database technician / support teams.
- High-level technical savvy in leading database development, tuning, migration / integration and upgrade initiatives within production, QA and development environments.
- Proven talent for guiding technician staff in redesigning existing databases to maximize performance and storage capacity.
- Articulately convey sophisticated technical specifications and new-product recommendations to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Oracle Solaris/Linux Servers w/ NetApp Stoarage
Tools: Oracle 8i/9i & 10g/11g (RAC, GRID, Clusterware, Database, RDBMS, et al.), Microsoft Office Suite, Enterprise Manager/Grid Control, RMAN, TOAD, SQL Developer, SecureCRT, TuFin Security Tool, Siebel CRM, ITIL
Languages: Oracle PL/SQL, UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting, SQL, et al.
Competencies: RAC/Standalone Database Installation, Configuration & Administration, Performance Tuning, SQL Tuning, Network Firewall Security, Oracle Application Support, Oracle Application Migration & Disaster Recovery, Data Security & Integrity, Database Backup, Database Recovery, Manual Cloning, Hot/Cold Backups, Data Pump Utilities, Physical Standby/Data Guard
Confidential, Boyds, Maryland
Senior Oracle Database Administrator / Independent Consultant
- Install, configure and administer various software, database and network / firewall systems.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve database, network, and firewall issues, including resource allocation, sizing, maintenance, performance tuning, backup / recovery and release / patch upgrades.
- Coordinate development, installation, integration, tuning, and load testing of mission-critical Oracle applications.
- Develop and debug PL/SQL code.
- Configure, maintain and support InterMedia /ConText search engines.
- Facilitate cross-platform database migrations of Oracle Solaris RAC database servers to Oracle Linux RAC database servers.
- Install, configure and actively monitor Oracle Data Guard physical standby databases.
- Implement and administer Active Data Guard feature. Partner with UNIX / Linux system administrators in developing hardware and database file layouts, mount options and IP / network configurations for 2 or 3 node RAC database servers, and in addressing database connection / performance issues.
- Collaborate with network security administrators in configuring firewall rules / policies and troubleshooting connectivity issues, and with Web administrators in providing support for database / software configurations. Research and present recommendations to management on new-product purchases.
- Orchestrated planning and execution of first-ever installation of Oracle RAC Servers at key customer’s site, including installation and configuration of 2-node and 3-node production Oracle RAC databases on Solaris Servers, and upgrade / migration of all applications from 9i standalone databases to 10g Real Application Cluster (RAC) environments.
- Steered installation and configuration of newly introduced RAC One Node database systems from Oracle, and converted all standalone database servers to highly available RAC One Node Linux database servers.
- Demonstrated expertise in Oracle database security requirements by developing encrypting / decrypting utilities via DBMS CRYPTO package, as well as several PL/SQL wrappers / utilities for application DBAs.
Confidential, Reston, Virginia
Senior Principle Consultant
- Supervised, trained and mentored teams of junior database developers / administrators.
- Performed a wide range of DBA services, including database creation, performance tuning, application tuning, load testing, backup and recovery, monitoring, and upgrading.
- Contributed to strategic project management support for various mission-critical applications.
- Partnered with developers, designers and end users in planning and scheduling various database-related activities.
- Reported regularly to senior client leadership on status of operations.
- Architected and deployed Oracle business intelligence products for various federal clients.
- Played key role in preparing proposals for various business requirements.