- Expert Database Administrator with extensive experience in managing large, terabytes Oracle databases. Proven track record in configuring and maintaining 24*7 databases. Strength in trouble shooting database issues under stressful situations.
- 10g and 11g Oracle RAC databases Administration
- ASM file system and Linux OS experience
- Oracle Standby databases / DR sites expertize
Confidential, Rancho Cordova, CA
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Supported 10g and 11g databases to ensure databases run smoothly.
- Worked with Enterprise manager cloud control 12c.
- Set up RMAN backup for databases.
- Worked with developers and trouble shot successfully performance issues.
- Developed excellent knowledge of Oracle data dictionary views.
- Implemented security standards per company policy.
- Refreshed test databases from production.
- Assisted with company’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP) by testing DR site.
- Supported Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2012 software.
- Set up OEM agents to monitor SQL server databases by Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Tested SQL server databases backups to ensure backups are valid.
- Implemented index optimization scripts on SQL server databases which increased performance.
- Worked on emergency data fixes after hours which helped company generate more revenue.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Supported multiple production and test databases that process financial transactions.
- Upgraded databases to 10g from 9i to implement new features.
- Worked on and successfully resolved databases performance issues.
- Supported replication using Shareplex and Golden Gate software.
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
- Setup 4 - node RAC databases and performed upgrade to 10g and 9i in Linux environment.
- Managed Oracle databases on Linux and Sun Solaris platforms.
- Restored and recovered number of databases when data was corrupted because of hardware issues.
- Wrote and implemented SQL and UNIX scripts for DBA tasks.
- Resolved internal errors (ORA-600, ORA-7445).