- 15+ years of IT experience includes Database Administration, Data Warehousing, ETL Development and BI Analytics.
- Wide industry experience includes US Government Agencies, Global IT service providers, Banks, Finance Corporation, Manufacturing and Service Industries.
- 10 years of experience on Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c with RAC, ASM, Data Guard) and SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014) Database Administration including Development, Production Support, Tuning, Capacity Planning, Migration, Upgrades, Backups, Recovery and DR. Proven skills in ETL designs and OWB/OBIEE, Informatica, SSIS/SSAS development
- Hands on experience in Cloud Infrastructure - building, provisioning, migrating Platform as Service (PaaS) and Database as Service (DaaS) cloud platforms using Oracle on Linux (OEL) VM Environments.
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse OLAP Design and Multidimensional Data Models concepts with experience in designing, creating BI Symantec model (Fact, Dimension tables, Hierarchies) and developing Analytical reports.
- Seasoned Change Management experience and sound knowledge of Agile, SDLC, ITIL industry standard methodologies.
Oracle DBA (expert): 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g - RAC, ASM, Data Guard, Golden Gate, OEM (11i, 12c), Toad Developer, SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, Unix Shell Scripting, Tuning, Development Support.
SQL DBA (expert): Microsoft SQL Server (2008/2012), T-SQL, SSMS, BIDS/SSDT, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
BI and ETL Developer: OWB, OBIEE, Discoverer, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Informatica and Cognos
Oracle Apps: DBA Oracle E-Business (10.7 NCA, 11i, R12), 9iAs, Apache and Fusion middleware - WebLog Server
OS: Admin Sun Solaris, HP-Unix, IMB-AIX, Linux, Windows, VMs, SAN/NAS
Programming: Java, J2EE, Jdeveloper/OAF (XML, SOAP, WSDL), C# and VB.Net
Senior Oracle and SQL Server DBA / ETL Technical Consultant
- Perform migration of dozens of Oracle and SQL Server databases from National Australia Bank (NAB) data center servers to Confidential IaaS Cloud platform (IOD) and execute the migration scripts in Production.
- Achieved set target to successfully install and provision Oracle 11gR2-RAC-ASM database in Confidential Cloud platform using High Availability (RAC, ASM, Data Guard) configuration; and then co-ordinate with Confidential and Infosys SMEs to install FATCA application before Confidential break which helped reduce projected project cost.
- Actively participated in brainstorming sessions and formulated/prepared database migration strategy for migrating eleven different Confidential Banking Applications and quickly upgraded two Confidential Wealth Databases from 10g-to-11gR2.
- Analysed, designed and documented changes required to existing ETL processes, SOA Integration jobs as part for cloud transition and developed new scripts, scheduled new jobs to meet the cloud infrastructure requirements.
Senior Oracle and SQL Server DBA / ETL and BI Analytics Developer
- As a lead DBA provide production support and development support for dozens of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Databases and associated business applications for availability, reliability and performance. Design, develop and maintain ETL jobs, SOA Integration scripts, Data warehousing BI Symantec Models and BI Analytics Reports.
- Helped increase company profits by designing and developing Data-warehousing system, ETL process and providing accurate and valuable BI Analytics reports, Management Dashboard reports and forecasting reports.
- Significantly improved SOA Integration performance and accuracy by modifying and optimizing Stored Procedures, SSIS packages, Unix scripts, SOAP web-services for three Oracle Databases and two Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Improved database stability and uptime by developing & implementing several automated system monitoring, data integration, data migration, data archiving and cleansing scripts.
- Strengthened management confidence in IT Disaster Recovery and BCP capabilities by developing and implementing test environment clones from DR using EMC DDBoost & RMAN; Consistently met / exceeded set SLA & expectations.
- Reduced IT licensing cost by planning and moving databases from high CPU servers to low CPU count servers, while still managing and keeping system performance at user acceptable levels.
Oracle and SQL Server DBA Manager
- Managing a team of up to 20 IT professionals including DBAs, Developers, Systems and Network Admins, Business Analysts for support and development of databases and ERP/CRM and Manufacturing Applications
- Achieved 20% cost reduction target by implementing auto-monitoring tools and providing self-service systems to business users; analyzing and enhancing MRP-II application performance.
- Generated revenue for IT Department by managing Global Master Databases of Germany along with several other Oracle, Sybase and MS-SQL databases remotely from India.
- Helped increase sales revenue and profits by effectively identifying and improving data quality and BI reporting capabilities of the organization and providing various analytical reports, dashboard reports and KPIs to management.
- Improved team productivity by implementing centrally managed monitoring of all databases and by continuously monitoring and tuning long running queries of Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Improved customer satisfaction in IT infrastructure by performing Oracle 9i to 10g database migration and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 migration as part of hardware consolidation and CPU upgrade project.
Senior Oracle DBA / Oracle Apps DBA
- Designing, Executing Oracle E-Business Suite upgrade, migration projects & performing database level Change Management tasks.
- Coordinating with client team, onsite/offshore teams; executing onsite production go-live/cut-over implementationsn.
- Achieved set target of minimum post go-live defects by detail documenting and executing DBA steps; formulating comprehensive test scenarios and developing elaborate test scripts.
- Successfully designed migration solutions and executed two multi-node Oracle11i migrations with large customization for Canada based Confidential.
Oracle Apps DBA / Senior Techno Functional Consultant
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Reviewing and preparing Statement-Of-Work (Detailed Technical Tasks with Options and Reasons) for the upgrade and migration of Oracle Financials Application to Oracle E-Business Suite version 11i; and to help/relieve in-house Oracle Application Administrator.
- Successfully reviewed customization and interface requirements with Treasury Department and two other internal Government agency IT systems and prepared Statement-Of-Work and Upgrade Plan presentations, technical documents evaluating and explaining various upgrade path options, detailed technical steps along with customization impact analysis and related solution options.
Oracle DBA / Oracle Apps DBA / Technical Consultant
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Improved project benefits by performing Oracle DBA and Oracle Apps DBA tasks and inventively implementing Single-Sign-On (10G) for Oracle Apps 11i through Oracle's Early Adaptor Program.
- Received recognition for delivering high quality Data Migration, Transformation and Validation documentation during early analysis phase of the project which aided in developing flawless migration scripts and reduced data quality issues.
Oracle DBA / Oracle Apps DBA
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Successfully executed three full lifecycle upgrades/implementations of Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i for prestigious and strategically important clients of Confidential with minimum post go live defects.
- Received ‘DBA of the Year’ for performing a mission critical database recovery and improving system performance by undertaking tuning of large number of mission critical SQL queries and providing enhanced customer satisfaction through prompt 24x7 production support for Database Middleware and Apps.
Oracle DBA / Oracle Apps DBA
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Received /price for successfully completing three Oracle Application upgrades as Oracle DBA / Apps DBA on time and within budget and also proactively promoting and participating in increasing business with clients.