- Seeking a challenging position as a Database Administrator that would utilize my professional skills, experience and hard work for future growth in the field of Client/Server technology.
- Over 14 years of experience in information technology primarily working with database administration with UNIX and Windows environment. Hand on experience of database design, backup & recovery policies, security, high availability, performance tuning and have additional knowledge about networking. Experience in installations, migration, Export/Import database, advanced Replication and Auditing. Implementation and maintenance of Oracle database including Standby, RAC and Data Guard.
- Experience as an On - call DBA 24x7 support.
- Very strong in the analysis, development and maintenance of business applications.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to work constructively as a team player as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight schedules and on multiple tasks.
- Willing to relocate and travel.
Operating Systems: UNIX (Sun Solaris 5.10), AIX, HP-UX, LINUX (SUSE, Red Hat 6.2/7.2/8.0)Windows 95/98/200x/XP), Windows 2008 R2, Macintosh 8.0/9.0 and DOS.
Languages: C/C++, HTML, Java Script, VB Script, PERL, Assembly (68000, x86), Basic.
Database Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS and VBA.
Databases: Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, (8.x/7. x), SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, Sybase ASE, Access (97/2.0) and MySQL.
Database Tools: 12c Cloud Control, BMC Patrol, WEBDB, Enterprise Manager, Replication Manager, SQL Server DTS, Spotlight, SQL*LOADER, SQL*DBA, Stats Pack, SQL*NET, NET Manager, TOAD, Spotlight, Data Junction 6.5/7.0, Designer 2000, Data Warehouse Builder2.1, Erwin 3.5
Hardware: IBM PCs compatibles, SUN/SPARC Workstation, Macintosh, and Printers.
Working Environment: Oracle 11g, 10g, AIX, SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Windows 200x, Data Guard, SQL Developer, Oracle Grid, Cloud Control, RAC, and RMAN.
- Installing Oracle software on AIX, oracle clients for apps, creating and maintaining databases.
- Performed Database upgrade from 10 g to 11g for many applications, applied PSU patch . Moving file system to ASM.
- Set up RAC database for high availability and active data guard for reporting purposes.
- Performed Oracle Database migration, server migration, database upgrade, setup DR for databases Oracle (Data Guard) and SQL server (Mirroring).
- Upgraded Grid control to Cloud control for database monitoring. Configure OMS and Standby OMS for high availability.
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2008 R2 and migrated databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008 R2.
IT Engineer /Database Administrator
Working Environment: Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i, UNIX (SUN Solaris), SQL Server 200x, Windows 2003, RAC, Data Guard, SQL Developer, Oracle Grid, CommVault, RAC and RMAN.
- Installed Oracle software 9i, 10g and 11g on UNIX, created and maintained databases on different type of storage like ASM, file system and applied CPU patches.
- Installed and configured ASM, created different disk groups on different LUNS and also added disk as database grew.
- Setup RAC on 2 nodes to get high availability. Provided RAC support as on-call DBA.
- Setup RMAN for CommVault backup, merged all oracle 9i RMAN Catalog in 10g.
- Moved Databases from Windows machine to UNIX through conventional export /import process.
- Managed Oracle Database and OS resources through Grid, configured different types of Metrics in Grid to get notification like space used, CPU, database up/down and oracle critical alerts.
- Work on different types of performance issues on databases, run stats pack, segment advisor job, gather statistics, tkprof, ADDM and lot of different tools to tune database properly.
- Coordinated with application team to advise better solution for their application in regards of databases.
- Performed database recovery multiple times on oracle 9i and 10g database, also wrote the procedure to restore database in DR scenario.
- Worked with System administrator to get LUN mapped in order to divide Oracle load on SAN
- Work with ETL team and help them to speed up loading data in oracle. Also setup jobs in crontab to run segment advisor job followed by gather statistics job to speed up ETL load.
- Refresh databases for developers through database cloning process.
- Worked with DBA team to setup ODI and encourage users to use LDAP for oracle name resolution.
- Use expdp and impdp utility to export/import oracle database efficiently in 10g.
- Setup training database using flash backup technology. Perform flash back one day before training.
- Configured emctl agent in 10g to work properly with grid repository.
- Setup physical standby database through grid, also performed switch over and failed over.
- Install and configure Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database Services, Reporting Services, SSIS, and Analysis Services.
- For SQL Server, ran upgrade advisor to find any issue prior to upgrade. Also ran best practice Analyzer for pre-2008 migration. After getting all information through these tools, address all issues individually.
- Migrated existing databases from existing SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 environments to new SQL Server 2008 environments.
- Setup peer to peer transactional replication among three nodes which involved SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2008R2.
- Moved all DTS and SSI packages (export and import) from SQL server 2000 and SQL server 2005 respectively.
- In SQL Server, troubleshoot all login issues and orphaned users after database move
- Patched 2008 clustered instance and removed or dropped old SQL instance from server.
- Created Base line for all databases. Integrate SQL profiler with perfmon to troubleshoot performance issue.
- Configured backup strategies of SQL server databases, also restored databases per request.
- Perform day to day maintenance task and troubleshoot database performance issues in SQL Server in 2k, 2k5 and 2k8.
- Part of On-call DBA team to support more than 400 databases on UNIX and Windows.
Working Environment: Oracle 10g, 9i, 8.x, Windows NT, UNIX, LINUX (Red Hat), VMS, BMC Patrol, OEM and RMAN
- Supported Advanced Replication for Oracle 9i manufacturing application. Created procedure for enabling and disabling replication in 2-way replicated environment. Utilized dynamic SQL to generate replication maintenance SQL commands.
- Installed OMS patches, patch for Data Guard, Oracle Security patches for the http server and RDBMS.
- Mentored three Oracle DBAs. Performed senior DBA responsibilities in a group of 8 Oracle DBAs.
- Performed Script Review of more than 20 different applications of Plant Floor Systems.
- Created and upgraded physical data models using Oracle Designer object creation scripts.
- Produced shell and batch scripts to execute database monitoring tasks.
- Setup Oracle Enterprise Manager OEM and used it to monitored all databases. Setup alerts which paged and email when threshold reached.
- Managed and audited the database security, account security for users (create, alter and drop user), access security for database objects, grant and revoke object privileges to users or role.
- Used BMC patrol for Schema comparison and then generated scripts for Oracle Databases.
- Performed data loads by using SQL* loader.
Senior Database Administrator
Working Environment: Oracle 9i Application Server, Portal 3.0, Web cache, 9iR2 RDBMS, Solaris 8 and Red Hat
- Designed production development, test application servers for distributed portal by hosting various websites.
- Installed, configured and tuned Web cache to accelerate application on the internet.
- Configured Solaris servers for Oracle products include application of various o/s patches, s/w patches.
- Installed 9iAS, portal 0n 9iR2 database, and Designed OFA structured database. Migrate Application to higher version.
- Tuned database, Application server, and Apache server, portal, Web cache Solaris servers. Created database fro distributed environment. Tuned Application code.