- CICS - DBCTL, DB2, IMS/DB and VSAM in a z/OS Sysplex environment
- Will relocate for a career opportunity to challenge and broaden technical and business expertise.
- Responsibilities including Analysis, Development, Implementation and Testing.
- Expert level in IMS Database Administration.
- Experience in DB2 Database Administration activities.
- Extensively worked in Data Sharing mainframe environment.
- Good understanding of the IMS DBCTL environment.
- Worked on COBOL, JCL, CICS & VSAM.
- Well Experience in PBG (Partition by growth) conversion of Tablespaces.
- Experience in DB2 Utilities like Unload, Reload, Reorg, Runstats, Image Copy, Repair, Recover, Check Data etc.
- Well experienced in IMS DBA utilities like CA Database Analyzer, Image Copy, Reorg, Database Recovery, etc.
- Expert understanding of the IMS DB architecture, Database administration and security.
- Experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- z/OS, MVS
- IMS DL/1
- CA Platinum Tools
- Detector for DB2
- IMS DB monitor
- DB2 catalog info
- ICF catalog info
- Temp Storage
- Transient Data
- IMS DB
- IMS Databases, PSBs, DBDs, ACBs and utilities
- DB2 tables and utilities
- VSAM/Non-VSAM files and access methods
DBA Lead, DB2/IMS Database Administrator
- Provide support for the DB2 related activities for TEST and PROD systems.
- Monitor DASHBOARD report for Missed copies, Objects size increase for Partitioned and Non Partitioned table spaces, etc.
- Do a root cause analysis on the objects which are in restricted status.
- Monitor the daily Re-org, Runstats, Copy jobs and in case of failure take corrective measures.
- Provide support for the production abends which are related to DB2/IMS and maintain the oncall log for each event.
- Helping the team in performance tuning the queries as part of improving the slow running applications.
- Helping the Team in implementing the PBG (Partition by Growth) conversion of Tablespaces.
- Maintaining the DB2 Test environment so that Application Teams can make use of the panels and copy structures into their testsets without the help of DBA’s.
- Monitor the long running DB2 threads which are not issuing the frequent commits and communicating the same to the thread owners.
- Help applications teams in loading and unloading of data from DB2/IMS databases.
- Provide DBA support for the entire range of IMS platforms for production and test systems: CICS-DBCTL, BMPs, DLI Batch, ODBC access to IMS databases, IMS-DB2 access, PSBGEN, HALDB and non-HALDB full function databases in Sysplex, block level data sharing environments.
- Liaison with Confidential DBAs, and provide direction and training for two offshore IMS DBAs.
- Provided the day to day support and administration activities of DB2/IMS subsystems across various LPARS of Z/OS mainframe systems.
- Monitoring the REMEDY queues and resolve production and Project Issue Tracking tickets
- Monitoring the jobs, processes and interfaces of IMS and DB2 Databases.
- Perform the Analysis of IMS and DB2 batch job failures.
- Performing the online REORG activities of DB2 Objects.
- Granting and Revoking DB2 object privileges to DB2 Objects across Z/OS environments.
- Working on the Project Issue Tracking Tickets that were created in the Remedy for the TEST issues.
- Working on the Change Control tickets for creating new PSB or changing the existing PSB, changes made to any of the production modules, etc.
- Monitoring the IMS databases and making sure that database is up all the time.
- Solving the Production abends when escalated to the DBA.
- Performing Repartition for the IMS HALDB Databases.
- Monitor the Database status regularly during the IPL because of data sharing environment.
- Creation and modification of PSB’s as per the requests posed in the Remedy Tool.
- Run the CNTL and IRLM commands in regular intervals in TEST region.
- Monitor the online ACB changes in the test environment.
- Provide 24/7 oncall support and attend the War/Focus Rooms in case of emergency.
Environment: Z/OS, MVS, JCL, IMS V11, DB2 V9, IMS DBCTL, CICS, VSAM, COBOL, MAINVIEW, CA Platinum Tools, SPUFI, QMF, IMS DB MONITOR, BATCH, FILE-AID
I.T. Analyst, Programmer
- Performed analyses to develop/confirm new technical specifications.
- Developed COBOL DB2 code to meet the new technical specifications.
- Developed integrated test plans, monitored jobs and reconciled all elements quarterly.
- Unit testing and Integration Testing the Elements and creating the Test Plan.
- Monitoring the jobs through Control-M during the Testing. Reconcile elements related to Centerfield project with the Quarter release elements.
- Maintaining and updating the Design Description Document with all the new and impacted elements in e Centerfield project.
- Analysis and Coding the New Business Request based on the information present in the ticket and updating the status on the NBR.
- Arranging the Code review Meeting for the modules before moving into INT.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, ENDEVOR, MFE, INSYNC, DUMP MASTER, FILE-AID, REVOLVE, CONTROL-M, VERSION MERGER.
- Maintained customer service and billing application for Confidential Medical Systems field engineers.
- Created iterative application enhancements, and supported users.
- Tech support for the GIB system that controlled end-user customer views for Service, Marketing and Sales of Confidential Healthcare Technologies.
- Requirement gathering and Analyze the enhancement, its impact and prepare Change Document, containing Application impact, Business impact, Implementation Plan, Test plan, Work estimation and Promotion plan.
- The crucial tasks are enhancements, supporting the users and trouble shooting for the issues.
- Solving of tickets logged by users in Clarify tool. Production support for functional abends.
- Providing Root-cause analysis for the defects occurring in the application and providing permanent fix to these defects.
- Attending change control meetings
- Testing - UAT, Integration & smoke testing
- Preparation of work packets, technical specs and test plans
- Providing Year end, quarter end & month end support for the application.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, IMS DB, VSAM, FILE-AID, INTERTEST, PANVALET.
I.T. Application Support Analyst
- Supported the applications for membership identification cards and billing.
- Problem determination at root cause level; coding and testing of system fixes and enhancements.
- Involved in requirement analysis, Impact check, Coding, Testing and Implementation of new feature in production environment.
- Maintaining the Enrolment information of the users. Understanding data related issues.
- Actively involving in Peer Level Review.
- Primary contact for application issues/queries.
- Handle the adhoc requests raised by the user.
- Preparing Technical Specs and Testing.
- Preparing test data and unit test plan.
- Co-coordinating with the Testing team at the time of Integration testing.
- Co-coordinating with the SME (subject matter expert) in solving the abends and in implementing the change requests.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, IMS, DB2, FILE-AID, VSAM, ENDEVOR.